CONCACAF Coefficient

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by ArsenalMetro, Jul 7, 2009.

1. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahaha dumb kid a league with money buy players,dont be stupid we buy latin american players because we have the money to do it,any league in any part of the world if it has money its gonna buy players,or what now your gonna tell me that mls has only american players, mls is so lame that even their foreign players are frekin dinosaurs ********ing old people that goes to retire to that league,and they are not all second tier players( the ones that come to the mexican league) because a lot of them play for their national teams,mls is the league that buys players that are not consider for national teams, dont make idiotic statments.and a lot of our national team players do play in europe asshole thats why they are not in our league.

2. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Maybe. I don't agree with the previous poster's statement that MLS teams could compete with Mexican league teams regularly, but that doesn't mean that MLS teams and MLS players are crap. If the best players in MLS (both foreign and domestic players) were concentrated in 1 or 2 teams (like the rest of CONCACAF outside Mexico/US) then I think you would have a couple very good teams. No point in trying to guess how good they would be since it would lead to senseless arguments.

3. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I dont really know where you get that the MLS are close to the top clubs in Mexico (who btw changes year by year), there is nothing to indicate your statement is true but there is some true to your post, the MLS is growing, but it isnt growing as fast as most fans think, time has proven that, in fact i think the last 2-3 years they have gotten worse.

And we do produce players, he thing is in Mexico players are paid a lot more than theyr worth, in consequence the owners sell them a lot higher than theyr worth. ooo, and our teams can compete with second tiers in lating countrys with out foreigns, just go look how Chivas has done with 100% mexicans in both Libertadores and Sudamericana.

4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Libero's been smokin' too much wacky tobacky.

The mickeymouse league is very inferior to the Mexican league. Not even close. Get a clue, guy

5. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Heh. Don't go acting like those clubs would be knocking on the door of the top of the EPL table there buddy. And if MLS was the Mickey Mouse league we'd totally dominate you since Disney is an evil corporation that rules the planet.

6. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Good attempt at humor.

7. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Good attempt at a comeback. The name of your league is overrated (at least by your own fans).

8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Idk about that. We dominate the CCL and get respectable results in the Liberators Cup. Pachuca laid an egg in the 07 CWC, but did ok in 08. I have a good feeling for Atlante this year, their Peace Cup flop notwithstanding.

Besides, shouldn't your league be the Russian Prem? They're good, stick with them

9. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Phew that IS awesome! Admit it, Mexican league fans think their league is hot **** internationally when in reality they would get pounded by J-league teams. Keep comparing it to MLS to make yourself feel better though.

10. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Pounded? Pachuca lost to Gamba Osaka, but it wasn't a pounding. So you don't know wtf you're talking about.

In the PanPac, J teams always pound MLSux. So I'd shut up if I were you

11. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Lol see? Ha. And if I don't shut up you'll what? Start to cry? I'll tell you what - you can use this as your new tagline: 'the Mexican league sucks, but at least its better than MLS.' Nobody (except for a few deluded die-hard MLS fans) pegs MLS for anything but what it is: the pro-league for the 8th most popular sport in the US. However, Mexican fans by and large seem to think their league has some sort of international relevancy. Pro tip: it doesn't.

1 person likes this.
  12. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahahahah mexican league won

1 copa sudamericana
    25 concacaf club championships
    we have reached the libertadores final and have beaten the best south american teams even by big final scores in official important games.

you can try and say that the mexican league has no relevance but the rest of the world dont think the same as you,we are not part of the big 4 of the world,but we are the best organized league in the world outside of the big ones of europe.

what you just said only shows your frustration that mls is the league that has no relevancy whatsoever,the mexican league is more watched in your own country than your own league,god that must suck,that a foreign league has way more ratings than your own league.

shut up the mexican league has proven their worth time and time again,we are not cowards that hides in our own country making fake friendly tourneys (superliga) claiming that if we win them we are the best,we are not afraid of challenges,we went down to sudamerica to prove we are a worthy league.

13. PorMisAwakatls

PorMisAwakatls New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

So a mediocre Cruz Azul that can't win in the domestic league marched into the Costa Rican champions lair and blew them out 6 to 2.... I think this underscores the disparity in the region.

Its going to take a miracle for this tournament to suceed:

• The MLS kiddie fans have been forming this Super Liga driven fantasy that their league is magically a Top 20 league... however the constant disappointments against Central American teams & its epic failures in this tournament prove those who rank the MLS somewhere in the mid 60's correct. Being forced to face reality is not going to be popular with the fragile egos of the mickey mouse league.
    • When a mediocre Cruz Azul goes and blows out the champion of the region's runner up league...we can we be expected to take the tournament seriously?
    I honestly think the CCL should invite the Mexican 1A & 2nd Division champs.. this will ensure competitive equity, excitement.. and teams from worthy, populous cities such as Merida, Leon, Tijuana, Veracruz, Cuernavaca etc., would fill the stadiums in Mexico and abroad.

14. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    No one cares outside of this hemisphere.

LOL. No. And yes the rest of the world does think as I do. Think instant elimination from the Europa league at the hands of the likes of Rotterdam.

Why should MLS fans be frustrated? Are Millwall or Leeds United fans no longer fans because their teams are no longer in the top flight? The question is rhetorical because the answer is no. And I doubt that the most viewed soccer league is Mexican - it's probably the EPL or Champions League. Also, never forget that all of that other stuff is still dwarfed by the NFL alone (forget college ball or other sports). My point is that you're still small potatoes. How well watched is the Mexican league in European countries without large immigrant populations? I'll let you get back to me on that one...

So wait, your teams went and beat other teams from leagues that also can't keep their best players because they leave for better leagues? Man that IS impressive.

I'm going to say this one more time: if you have to compare the Mexican league to the very bottom to make yourself feel better because you are NO WHERE NEAR one of the top leagues in the world, then you are pretty sad.

15. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    The cybernetic completely pwned zenitfan.

Zenitfan, you don't know SHIT about football. Your posts are an embarrassment.

1. There are many football fans worldwide that follow the Liberators Cup because they know that it's a top-flight tournament. Many millions outseide this hemisphere care.

2. The rest of the world doesn't think as you do. The Mexican League gets a decent amount of respect abroad. Get a clue.

3. It has been proven with concrete numbers that the Mexican league gets more viewers than the EPL. And you can't compare it to the UEFA CL. domestic=/ continental.

4. South American leagues don't lose so many players that it diminishes the talent level of their leagues. They are still world class. God, you are dumb.

The Mexican League is a top 10 league. Look it up, moron. Google is your friend

16. PorMisAwakatls

PorMisAwakatls New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Teotihuacan
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Enough with the insults guys, keep it clean.

18. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    LOL no. Top 10 only in your own minds.

You: 'We are so good we are so good.'
    RoW: 'Who are you again?'

And MFL > EPL - you wish. Keep trying.

19. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Ok, I checked and we're no longer top 10. We were last year.

I never said the MFL was better than the EPL. I said it gets higher viewership in the US.

20. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Oh man are you looking at some sort of ranking like the 'official' FIFA ranking that has the US at #14 or something? LOL that's priceless. And judging by our posts I can read and write much better than you. It's unfortunate that I have to dumb down my posts but I have the feeling like I'm wasting keystrokes. I want to see those numbers too - I'm sure they support the fact that I can't get any MFL games on TV while I get tons of English games. Oh and yeah I WILL count those UEFA champ league games too since it goes to what the soccer fans in this country want to see (it ain't the MFL).

21. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    You could barely read or write. You've been pwned in this thread and others will pwn you when they click on this and read your stupidity.

Ok, maybe you can't get Mexican games while you can get EPL games, but the majority of the USA (I hope you know what majority means) have the MFL more accessible to them than the EPL.

The bottom line is that the MFL is the most watched domestic football league in the USA.

No, you can't count UEFA CL. domestic=/continent, for the 2nd time

22. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How anything of this have to do with the Coefficient in the concacaf? Zeitefan is as delusional as the mexican fans he speaks of, he see the mexican league a lot worse that it really is.

The point was that MLS sucks compared to the FMF standard, the same as the FMF sucks compared to the top leagues, i think we can all agree on that :D, can we move on?

23. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Barely read and write eh? I'm not the one dropping such gems as 'pwned.'

'Ok, maybe you can't get Mexican games while you can get EPL games, but the majority of the USA (I hope you know what majority means) have the MFL more accessible to them than the EPL.'

Wrong. Dead wrong. It's only available on spanish TV and that costs extra outside of places like SoCal, Texas and Florida. The only segment of the populace that would regularly watch it are Mexican expats.

And clearly I CAN use the UEFA CL as an example because I just did. Twice.

24. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Dude - that was the point I was trying to make but some of your overzealous countrymen seem to have 'drunk the koolaid' so to speak. It's not my fault that I had to resort to histrionics to make my point. That other poster is as delusional as the MLS fans who claim that the top MLS team would finish mid-table in the EPL. Tell you what: next time one of those chodes makes a post claiming that, send me a PM and I'll set em straight.

25. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    It's the internet. We say "pwned" here. Get over it.

It also costs extra to get the channels that show the EPL. The EPL is never on free TV. The MFL is on 4 OTA networks and 2 cable channels. You can't compare.