CCL & CL

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, May 18, 2011.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Suchi. 1-0 Esteli

Puta que Victoria mas chiripa. Suchi played like what they are atm. A bottom side in the local league. It was embarrassing how Real Estelí played like they were home. If there was any justice in Soccer they'd have won by a couple of goals

*Positives

*The GK. Manuel Sosa had a couple of key saves even saving a penalty in the process. If he doesn't continue to start over the Uruguayan Perdomo ( who has made countless mistakes) I'd be surprised. Also, it's always nice to see guatemalan goalies performing

* Diego Orozco. Como contencion corto varios ataques.

* Miguel Gonzalez played the second half and didn't look out place. Though he was one of the weak links in the u -20 as left back he showed today he can perform as a center back. Erik do the right thing and don't play the kid out of position.

*Se gano, 3 pts already in the bag.

Negatives:

* Suchi played like shit. In the words of Diego Balado "Suchi es un equipo tibio". But I guess this is what happens when you fire the coach and let go of the spine that made you champions in the first place.

*Wilson Ramos proved Claveri right. Claveri argued not long ago that he couldn't put him as RB for the NT because the other team would send long balls to his side due his lack of height. No gano una todo el partido. He was also responsible for the penalty.

*El Segundo amor de @dezeptus no aprende. El abuelo Morales andaba tan acelerado that the coach had to take him out at half time. The coach chose to trust a u -20 (Gonzalez) to keep a cool head over a seasoned veteran.

* No vamos ni siquiera a pelearle a Dallas FC. I'll even be surprised if Suchi can even get at draw in nicaragua.

Gol de Suchi

2. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Antigua GFC tied it's game against Alianza and is basically eliminated. Their only hope is to win their remaining two games and hope Alianza ties in NY (la otra seria golear por > 3 a NYRB para no depender de nadie pero la veo dificil.

Suchi just got a little hand from Real Esteli. They tied FC Dallas yesterday. Provided they can improve a lot or continue to be lucky like in their previous game they have a chance to go through, even if slim.

On the other hand I feel bad for Esteli but their performance so far in the tournament must be commended. They were unlucky away at Dallas (only a golazo in the last minutes prevented them from getting a point there). Le pegaron un baile a Suchi en el Mateo, striking the post and missing a penalty then losing in the last minute on a deflection. And now they "only" could muster a draw.

So far los panameños y los nicaraguans han sido los mejores por CA.

edcalvi repped this.
  3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I'm happy for Nicaragua and Panama. Big improvement.

Chul0 repped this.
  4. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

Well suchi let the win escape, but still managed to get a point (same as dallas). So now will have a chance, even if slim, go through in their two games against FC Dallas.

Though it's a little worrying they were outplayed both games by a Nicaraguan club.

5. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  7. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Esta noche ojalá Antigua logre dejar el nombre de nuestra tierra en alto. El partido se jugará en el Mateo Flores.

8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed man, but we always look SOOOOO BAD against US and Mexican teams.

9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Y comienza.

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Por lo menos no perdieron los panzas mrdas :rolleyes:

11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Idk what's more embarrassing, Antigua's participation in the CCL, the # of foreigners they have (7 starters last night), or the state of the pitch last night.

There are a few positives and I feel it's time to do some restructuring. Mauricio Tapia has to go at the end of the local season. His time is up.

On a side note it is sad how much José Pinto & Alejandro Galindo have regressed. Pintaban para mucho. Kike Miranda is still showing flashes of brilliance though. A ver como le va a suchi hoy, though I ain't got much hope.

12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    HT Dallas 0-0 Suchi at Frisco

Y los venados sacando la cara por Guate atm. What a contrast between today and last night's game. Only two foreigners, a guatemalan coach, y 7 canteranos (including th u-20 Miguel Gonzalez at the heart of defence)

Herencia de Claveri!!!! :)

I just saw the last 10 mins and FC Dallas looks out of ideas, tho the commentators emphasized how great Suchi's gk has been.

edcalvi repped this.
  13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Creo que Dallas juega con equipo alternativo más el Fish. Pero de todas maneras es meritorio.

14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    El Fish la tiró al poste lol

Chul0 repped this.
  15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    LMAO ese árbitro es un loquillo

Chul0 repped this.
  16. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    This was hilarious ending to the game.

Chul0 repped this.
  17. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    0-0, con tactica, suerte y huevos se empato, it's a shame they lose their most dangerous player (escoto) for the crucial game at the Mateo.

Best players in my opinion

1. Sosa (en la copa uncaf tiene que ser el Segundo detras de Motta, on side note it's ironic how "midgets" like Motta and Sosa are better in the air than Jerez

2. El amor de Dez, el abuelo se la rifo

3. Maltes
    4. Escoto
    5. Armas
    6. Garcia/Cardona

edcalvi repped this.
  18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

edcalvi repped this.
  19. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Antigua jugó otra vez con 11 extranjeros? Qué asco de equipo.

Chul0 repped this.
  20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Pinche equipo pedorro nalgas aguadas. They have so much potential yet they throw it away (kinda like xela).

They have one of the better stadiums, loyal fan base, located in a nice, safe tourist spot, $$$$ (third after rojos and cremas), hopefully the directivos can get the soccer decisions right eventually.

Now suchi has to win on Thursday. Let's hope Dallas is already thinking about the supporters shield Gane against LA and bring a second string squad.

21. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Well Antigua should have played in their home town not in the Mateo Flores stadium located in GTY.
    I don't see any home field advantage in that. Is CONCACAF not permitting small clubs from using their home fields?

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Tbf not playing at the pensativo is all the municipality's fault. They had the money and sponsors to level the field y el alumbrado but didn't get the ok from the mayor on time (the stadium belongs to the municipality).

Fijate que los directivos de antigua son buenos, saben de marketing y han invertido bastante. For example they found a loophole since alcohol consumption and advertisement is illegal in la liga Nacional, they get sponsors from restaurants, bars, etc. Y en esos restaurant por cada cubeta de tecate que compran les regalan Entradas.. so they been getting $$$ indirectly from beer. That's y u always see the stadium with over 2-3 thousand ppl, pero solo reportan como 500 personas since most of the tickets son "regalados".

They also being patient with the coach (too patient imo, but u can see they're committed to some modicum of continuity as opposed to the usual trigger happy directivos were used to), poach the best prospects from Achik (and play them from time to time), pay well and on time, and even bring foreign reinforcements (something I don't like, but I see where they're coming from).

So all the ingredients for long term success are there, they just need to change coach and find the right mix between good foreign and local players.

edcalvi repped this.
  23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Hoy Gana EL Venado carajo.....And My Phone About To Die :( F****

edcalvi repped this.
  24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Lol, vamos Suchi.

25. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Damn. This is the worst performance I've ever seen from a chapín club in CCL.

Qué fuken vergüenza.