CCL & CL

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, May 18, 2011.

1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    me avisas cause i dont think i'm going to catch it :(

2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  3. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Cremas vs Toluca on Oct.22

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Toluca trashed Cremas 5-1, although Jean Marquez scored a golazo:

Heredia held on for a while and came within 30 minutes of advancing to the next round, but lost to SJ 1-0. Too bad, they were so close.

6. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Heredia didn't deserve to go through with that crap forward Cordoba they start every game.

7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Went and watched the game and Heredia was awful. Played defense 90% of the game and the offense consisted of 3 guys against 6 defenders. Any time they had the ball it was played up to midfield by 1 or 2 guys, and the rest of the players stayed on the defensive half of the field.

The tying goal looked good from where I was sitting but it was waved off.

I will say that being so close to the fans and hearing them made me realize why our teams are so bad. Our fans are constantly yelling at the players and talking so much sh*t about how bad they suck

8. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Heredia's coach resigned after the match. Heredia likely will not see Concacaf champions league football in a very long time, especially now that Municipal is back on top.

On another note, wtf happened to Elias Enoc Vasquez? The guy has regressed like crazy. He used to be ferocious but man he was awful against Toluca.

ChaChaFut and dezeptus repped this.
  9. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    No shit. Is thinking the exact same thing. As great as Cremas have been with the kids, they really buried him in favor of shitty veterans and his play reflects it.

10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Didn't know where to put it, but here it is. The CCL groups.
    CjvtdaSWYAETCWM.jpg Having said that, I think Suchitepéquez chance of progressing is marginally higher than Antigua's. Not only are they playing a Nicaraguan club, but their mls rivals are nothing "out this world" compared to NYRB for example. We'll see what happens

11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    CCL Groups:
    CjvtdaSWYAETCWM.jpg

I think our teams got relatively "lucky". It's always better to get MLS teams than liga MX. Not only are mexican clubs way better than its american counterparts, but due to the schedule of league, mls clubs tend to be out of rhythm during the group stages.

ChaChaFut repped this.
  12. mczh

mczh Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So was the threat of stripping Antigua's title + slot in CCl just a threat? Think they can get good enough reinforcements too? I've heard Moyo and other cremas players might leave to join them

13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well like anything else in Guate we choose to ignore our problems so there's no way they're getting their title stipped.

Now as for Antigua's performance in the CCL, I'm not sure, they're a complete unknown atm. Not only did they lose players to doping, but they just let off 2 of their key players this season.

There are rumors that Moyo, along with many Crema players will reinforce them (Carlos Ruiz might as well). The problem is if they will have enough time to build any sort of chemistry. Also, they won't be able to use their stadium so that's a disadvantage from the start.

mczh repped this.
  14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Dodged a bullet with the Mexican clubs.

Chul0 repped this.
  15. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Scratch that, I thought Suchitepéquez had an outside chance of qualifying but the odds just got worse. Guatemalan media are reporting Douglass Zamora is getting the sack and their 4 foreign players will not be part of the team any longer for various reasons. El hijo del "ojitos" Meza will take charge instead :(

On a slightly unrelated note I was writing a list of transfers among the La liga Nacional but it's baffling how most of the clubs do not have a modicum of stability or continuity. Cambian de entrenadores y jugadores como Cambiar de calzon :mad:

16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Red Bulls (NYRB) fan, but I have to say that NYRB and FC Dallas tied for the most points in the 2015 MLS Regular Season with NYRB winning the Supporters' Shield on goal differential. NYRB has never advanced a round in the CCL.

17. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Fc Dallas is actually a strong team, but I would rather face an MLS team than a Mexican one.

Chul0 repped this.
  18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Though I must admit I rarely watch the MLS, the few times I did, FC Dallas either play brilliantly or got slaughtered. From the little I saw, I got the impression that though FC Dallas has talented players, they have a soft mettle, are prone to defensive errors and need space to thrive.

Given the nature of the group, FC Dallas is supposed to have the onus when it comes to attacking, which coincidentally should give Suchitepéquez, at least in theory, a fighting chance. Since they're mainly a counter attacking side.

Don't get me wrong, Dallas are still the favorites by a long margin. But compared to NYRB for example (a more well rounded side), Suchi's odds should be higher than Antigua's. That's without mentioning how "lucky" we got by avoiding mexican clubs.

Having said that, idk how suchi is gonna approach these games now that their Coach has been sacked and 3 of their main players have left. Their new coach is Enrique Meza's son, who apparently failed miserably in Costa Rica. So as in right now Suchitepéquez is a complete unknown.

19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Calendar:
    Deportivo Suchitepéquez:

Jueves 18 de agosto
    Suchitepéquez vs Real Estelí
    Hora: 18:00 pmMartes 13 de Septiembre
    Hora: 20:00 pm
    Real Estelí vs SuchitepéquezMiércoles 28 de septiembre
    Hora 18:00 pm
    FC Dallas vs SuchitepéquezJueves 20 de Octubre
    Suchitepéquez vs FC Dallas
    Hora : 18:00 pm

Antigua GFC:

Miércoles 3 de agosto
    Red Bulls vrs Antigua GFC
    Hora: 20:00 pmMartes 23 de agosto
    Hora: 18:00 pm
    Alianza vrs Antigua GFCMartes 27 de septiembre
    Hora 18:00 pm
    Antigua GFC vrs Red BullsMartes 18 de Octubre
    Antigua GFC vrs Alianza
    Hora : 20:00 pm

I don't think we have a chance honestly. Suchi won't even play in mazate but at the Mateo/Pedrera instead. That's without mentioning all the players that left them. At least we won't be facing mexican teams. So no goleadas hopefully.

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edcalvi repped this.
  21. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    They lost against the host 1-0 via PK. Next they will face Jaguares for 3rd place.

This Suchitepéquez team is a different team than the one who won the championship. They fired the coach and didn't re sign many of the good players.

The coach was the first Guatemalan to win the domestic championship in over 20 years. They replaced him with an experienced foreign coach.

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Actually, they're playing Puebla for the third place.

Also, though they did initially fired their coach, they reinstated him the day after due to protests and public pressure. Basically all mazatenango came out en masse to support him. Still though you're right, this isn't the same team. They lost 5 key players:

*Monsalve
    *Ladogana
    *Rafa Gonzalez
    *Salazar
    *Kike Miranda

edcalvi repped this.
  23. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Damn I'm glad the coach is back, but he was stripped of his most powerful weapons. What a shame.

24. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Ya lo volvieron a sacar y ahora suchi va ultimo...parece circo Nuestra liga

25. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

Hicieron mierda a la antigua. Granted the referee sent off one of their players for a yellow card offense. They were also still missing their 3 goalkeepers (Bolivar, gato, and some other guy). Cristian Alvarez was just signed two weeks ago & it showed. Anyways, suchi anda "pior" a ver como les va a ellos.

edcalvi repped this.