CONCACAF Champions League fail

Discussion in 'Colorado Supporters Clubs' started by Rapids burgundy, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a huge Rapids supporter but honestly disgusted with the lack of care for this tournament from the front office, not the players.

The Rapids WENT into the CCL representing the MLS as a champion, played backups(Ceus played almost all the games). Even though this has become sort of a trend in the MLS, LA played all their starters and successfully advanced through a tough group.

It comes down the the front office, not giving a shit about marketing games(including US open cup) outside of regular season games. If you are playing Santos Laguna at home, wouldn't it make sense to play your starting 11 and market the game? I saw full sections of a sea of green, a couple for rapids supporters, and empty seating. Have some ********ing pride and heart that you are representing this league and play for a win. No, Ceus isn't horrible but 4 goals? At one point, the Rapids website took the last Santos game off the visible schedule when it was the most important game of the season.

Isidro Metepan advances through to the next round ahead of Colorado. Isidro Metepan is a JOKE. They played all there starters at Colorado and lost to a Rapids b team 3-2. But they still advance.

to rapids front office: you have won the MLS cup, work towards a higher goal and play to win CCL games. Market CCL games with MLS season ticket packages to attract more fans.The NBA, NHL, NFL etc has championships that are the best in the world. The MLS cup is a fisher price trophy compared to most cups out of the country. If the MLS cup is the only record worth striving for, whats the point?

2. COphysicsDave

COphysicsDave Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Centennial State
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're preaching to the choir man. There were failures all around on this one. Looks like your beef boils down to two major things: on field results and the promotion of the tourney. The former has really fueled a lot of controversy elsewhere in the forum about GS as head coach. I personally still stand behind GS, but there are a lot of others who think that GS took the tournament lightly and fielded weak lineups. The game that no one seems to talk about is the home loss to Real Espana, their only win in the whole tournament. That is a game we definitely should have won and if we had, we would have gone through. GS fielded a crappy lineup and we lost to a vastly inferior team.

As far as the marketing/promotion, this is business as usual for the RFO. The Santos home game was much worse than simple negligence, it was active pandering to the visitors at the cost of the home supporters. Quite frankly it was disgraceful. After that, I had to think long and hard if I even wanted to renew my season tix. Why continue to give money to an organization that will throw me under the bus that easily? Ultimately I came to the conclusion that I still enjoy watching the team enough to keep going, but it is sure as hell in spite of the RFO. Through that debacle I came to believe that they are not simply incompetent, but actually slimy opportunists who use incompetence as a shield to explain why they suck so badly at their jobs.

C'est la vie. Being a Rapids fan carries a burden. Just like the tifo said at the FSL game, "Loved by few, Hated by many". Being one of the supporters can be pretty lonely sometimes.

3. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, from one Rapids supporter/Soccer fan to another. Isidro metepan didn't even look like they were even in "backup" Colorado's class that game and still progress. But those teams are playing to win with their starting 11. Even though the Mexican Premier teams think of the tournament lower than the Copa Libertadores, they still put in their starting 11 and play for the win. It's the lack of competitive nature of this MLS organization that disappoints me above all else. To add to that, the players were all playing for the win, so it's not their lack of competitiveness. And that is why I am still a Rapids fan, like it or not