Concacaf Champions League 2009/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Pachuca' started by austinwetherby, May 22, 2009.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I thought that Cruz Azul gk Corona had an excellent match. He stopped everything except the end. Why he isn't on El Tri going to South Africa is crazy in my book. The FMF should be giving him a First Class ticket to the World Cup. Conejo Pérez :confused: Really???

2. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    He punched some dude in the face at a nightclub and according to Néstor de la Torre of the FMF that act of indiscipline and a recent drop in form cost him a spot at the WC. Like you said though last night he was excellent and I would definitely prefer him to Conejo Pérez.

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats Pachuca! good luck in EAU.

P.S. If you atraveling to the gulf, don't forget to pack your Burcas! :D

4. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Congrats, glad to see Pajaro pick up the winning goal.

How has he been playing overall? I personally think he's the "next big thing" and can make an impact at the WC.

5. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    lol no.. he's not that good.

6. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Only time will tell.I still see big things for him though.

7. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Thanks.

As for Pájaro Benitez, IMO he's been solid thus far. Not spectacular by any means but as far as Pachuca's strikers go he's probably been the most effective this season. Really he's the only one who's shown any consistency. Cvitanich has been a serious flop, unfortunately Mendívil only scores against Central American/MLS minnows and Cacho has seemingly disappeared off of the face of the Earth. We're going to have to find a new strike partner for Pájaro for the next tournament and the coming CWC.