Concacaf Champions League 2009/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Pachuca' started by austinwetherby, May 22, 2009.

1. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Pachuca vs. Metapán about to kick off on Galavisión.

2. h9932

h9932 New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i don't know if anyone heard this but during the game the announcer gave a shoutout to rigo rubio who is my uncle :D my dad heard it during the game

3. Tecos U.A.G.

Tecos U.A.G. Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Umeå Södra FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

4. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Schwartz did? If so, cool stuff.

As far as the mach goes, so far it's been a very easy match for Pachuca, 0-3. Metapán is a VERY weak opponent.

5. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Houston vs. Pachuca on tonight at 7:00 PM Pacific time. I believe it will be televised on both Galavisión and Fox Soccer Channel.

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I guess I will switch the Mexico vs Colombia game at half time to watch this game. Are all the Pachuca players healthy for this game?

7. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Well apparently they were healthy enough to beat the Dynamo 0-1, it's a shame about the national team though.

8. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I watched the match. Juan Carlos Rojas was a stud on the right hand side. Couple of questionable offsides calls. Should have been more like 2 or 3 to nil. But advancement to the 1/4, I take that in the bucket :D

9. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    3rd CONCACAF Quarterfinal berth in the last 4 years.

10. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Well Pachuca 2-0 Árabe Unido is the result from last night so were through to quarter finals in first place where we will face one of the second placed teams.

Since all of the Mexican teams finished in first, we should face a non-Mexican opponent. Could be one of either Columbus, W. Connection or Marathón/DC United. I don't believe we can face Árabe in the next round since we already had them in the group stage.

11. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    In other words, Pachuca is going to win the CCL.

12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    W. Connection didn't make the 2nd round, it was Comunicaciones who did.

13. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Yes, I incorrectly anticipated that Comunicaciones would fail to beat Pumas. Columbus, Marathón or Comunicaciones it is.

Well if we don't get into the liguilla, seeing as how it's a complicated group we're in, focus will shift to this competition and winning this is a real possibility.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Well like last time, the quarterfinals will not be played until next march. So the competition is done for this year.

15. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    That's right, my mistake.

Anyway, according to CONCACAF itself the draw for the knockout round will be on Nov. 17 and it's officially confirmed, Pachuca will face Columbus, Marathón or Comunicaciones. No possibility of playing Árabe since we had them in the group.

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

What happened to Toluca?

17. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    It's group winners versus group runners up in the next round and Toluca finished first in their group as did Pachuca so therefore those two can NOT play each other in the quarter finals.

18. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    The draw has taken place for the Champions League quarterfinals with the first legs to be played between March 9-11 and the return games between March 16-18.

QF1: Comunicaciones vs. Pachuca

19. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Here's the entire outlook. SHOULD be a Pachuca-Toluca semifinal.

[​IMG]

20. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Comunicaciones (aka Creamas) should not be overlooked. They will present a formidable challenge to Los Tuzos!!!

21. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    From what I saw of them in both matches against Pumas, (remember UNAM was among the worst this past Apertura) the "Cremas" shouldn't be a problem. I can't stress SHOULDN'T enough though since almost anything can happen (i.e. Árabe Unido 4-1 Pachuca).

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    as Sun Tzu would say, "if you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete."

23. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    First leg of the quarter final match-up against Comunicaciones is tomorrow, with our current form I just don't know...

24. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

When does Toluca play Columbus Crew?

25. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Google is your friend:eek:;)

They're playing right now.