Concacaf’s nations league

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Mar 7, 2018.

1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    #1 slaminsams, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    The qualifiers for the first concacaf nations league have been announced.

The top 6 teams points wise will qualify for league A of the concacaf league joining the hex teams.

Teams finishing 7-10 will be in league B and make the gold cup.

Teams 11-22 will be in group B but not make the gold cup. I certainly hope anything below that doesn’t apply to us but if we finish below 22 points wise we will be in group C

This was the worst time for Guatemala to get a ban. When they come back it will be a while before they can even be in a gold cup again.

Fesfut said they will pick a new coach after the elections in May and help the new group pick. They should just have a re-election now and hopefully kick all the current administrators out. No reason to wait
    6C3724FD-E0E1-4642-820A-836DB5EA3918.jpeg

La Trucha, Willsant87 and Blue_nation724 repped this.
  2. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So here’s a question: do we play younger players vs the teams or go full blown A teams??

Grimmjow316 and Willsant87 repped this.
  3. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I say it should be a mix. These qualifiers are going to determine things like wcq and the gold cup for the next few years. It is really important they finish in that A level

Willsant87 repped this.
  4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It feels worse since if Lara was still in he would have used a mixed squad to replenish the NT and brig competition something that some players have needed for a while.

*sigh*

La Trucha, Willsant87 and slaminsams repped this.
  5. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    So who should take over as coach for the short term? I guess Jorge Zarco and Hugo Perez would be best as he did a good job covering short term.

slaminsams repped this.
  6. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It will be interesting to see how they manage to come up with money to suddenly pay someone. My guess is the money will magically appear at some point

7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Or they don’t play at all until the new federation comes in. I can easily see that happening.

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    At this point they either find a cruddy coach in the domestic league or a jobless one. Most are going to shy away from it especially someone like Zarco.

The only other option is they sucker in another Primi type who is coaching somewhere in Central America.

9. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Sad of our state of affairs we haven't had a friendly since October, 2017. No coach while our neighbours have had friendlies
    Belize (had grenada), Nicaragua (had cuba and rumors suggest they may face Argentina), Panama (played norway and denmark, while also have a world cup coming up), Honduras have south korea and Vietnam, while Costa Rica (have northern ireland, england and belguin).
    If it wasn't for the incompetency of guatemala federationw e would be the worst federation in the region sigh.

Any way who do suggest we no longer call up? who we should call up ? and should the hiring of coach be short term or a long term?

10. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Hiring of a coach should be long term. I wouldn’t restrict the call ups just yet because qualifying through the nations league is pretty important

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol Honduras plays El Salvador in DC on June 2nd iirc.

12. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Sums up our federation, lets make a match even though we have no coaches not even an interim coach.
    adding to that we have several players boycotting the national team unless the federation are removed sighh

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea, we'll be fielding an interim coaching staff. Our U-20s and U-17s will coach the team in Korea then in DC against y'all.

Don't worry.. we'll be an embarrassment in Asia.

14. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    The schedule is set for the first game we will play Montserrat September 9 in Montserrat

15. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    We actually play Montserrat tomorrow September 8.

Our next opponent Barbados tied Guyana 2-2. We will play Barbados in El Salvador next month.

La Trucha repped this.
  16. Jjr manzano

Jjr manzano Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That was my question fellas. Do we play today or tomorrow? The schedule I googled says Sept 9 but on the show Fanaticos the kept mentioning the 8th. Anyone sure which day and Time it is

17. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    The game is getting started now

Here is a link to the stream. I like how the new concacaf administrators are doing things good website with free streams https://www.oz.com/concacafnationsleague/home

18. Jjr manzano

Jjr manzano Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  19. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    #19 slaminsams, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    This is the lowest point in the game I have seen since the match fixing scandal broke. Our football is in complete shambles a lot due to self inflicted wounds. We may win the game against Monserrat who doesn’t even have a professional league but the guys look horrible out there.

Even Belize could get it together and get a positive result. There is no way we end up in league A and if we lose today there is no telling how low we end up.

We are down 0-1 at halftime

20. Jjr manzano

Jjr manzano Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Sadly I agree slam! Heartbreaking!

21. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    We got so lucky. Ceren the only player that really showed something today. Pineda was my biggest disappointment. DLC looks like another JDC in the making. You just get rusty when you don’t coach anymore and the game passes you by.

Hopefully they schedule some friendlies before Barbados they are much better than Montserrat

22. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Saw the highlights. Our defence during Montserrat’s goal was woeful. I didn’t realise that was Oscar Ceren who scored and not Darwin.

23. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Sigh I saw this kind of event happening, I feel like tactics have passed de los cobos, pretty much everyone criticism is why he keeps choosing players like Xavi Garcia and Henry Hernandez, these aren't players that should be getting selected due to age and minimal selecion in primera division, and why start David Diaz since he barely started in the primera divison, compared to Jose Pena.

Fortunately Oscar Ceren saved our butts and scored those goals, like his brother should be playing abroad as he has the talent to be there.

24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    El Salvador beat Celtic!?? :D

La Trucha repped this.
  25. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member