NSR: compressed air

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by elviejomen, Feb 10, 2015.

1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Does somebody know about the subject?
    I'm basically designing an air compressed backpack, so whoever uses tools that work with compressed air will conect them to that back pack instead of the regular compressor.

If you guys know light materials or if there is already something in the market or whatever please feel free to share

Tio Nicci repped this.
  2. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Polyester.... Nylon are light...I was reading it used for most survival kits because it's easy to carry...

Word of advice..put a patten...

elviejomen repped this.
  3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    but Polyester and Nylon are fabrics, you cant create a container made of those materials to put pressure air or can you?
    I found that you can do a very thin layer of Aluminum and cover that with fiber carbon
    what kind of survival kits you mean?

and the word of advice is to put a patent???

Thanks
    any more info you guys have or ideas recommendation are more than welcome.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think it's a great idea, the military would be all over it and you'd be rich. I don't work with that kinda tools but many people in my command do. I can find out more but I recommend you patten it before I talk to people.

elviejomen repped this.
  5. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dammm I should ask you before :(, lol I'm not so concerned about the whole patten thing because im pretty sure people have thought about it before but is not mass produced, Im still at school this is a project im doing in my University for Ingersoll rand and that's one of my concepts.

Do you at least know any name of anything you guys are using related with lightweight materials or compressing air; maybe something you saw even you dont know how it can be used but it have some kind of relation

6. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Military survival kits made for all environments. Tropical, dessert, artic. For the canister I would say carbon fiber, maybe tin alloy. I'm not sure on metals, as idk if you want your metal strong to with stand drops, or unexpected projectiles being thrown. From a business standpoint for mass production is very expensive and risky. The market I see could be military and private contractors....maybe firemen?

As far as fibers, cotton is heavy when wet. Wool can cause overheating, silk might be too soft. Leather is also heavy but strong, nylon might be best for portability

elviejomen repped this.
  7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    withstanding strong conditions Is not the main issue here, because is not for the military. My Target market is the mechanic; and these are some of the issues, these guys have.
    -The further the air compressor is, the less pressure you will get in your gun also the bunch of cables and manageability.

Having this backpack will not only solve those issues but also gives the possibility of carrying different tools, and which gives more value to the product.

The problems that Im trying to solve is to find out how many gallons of pressured air I can fit into this thing and what would be the weight; Im not so expert on materials that's why I assumed carbon fiber or Aluminum

Thanks for giving me different markets possibilities but Im basically redesigning an impact wrench for Ingersoll Rand and that's one of my concepts, doesn't have to be fully functional now, but I need to show some concrete info

Tio Nicci repped this.