Completely Random: Who Was Varzim's Manager in 1970?

Discussion in 'Portugal: Clubs' started by kenntomasch, Aug 27, 2016.

1. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am finishing up a research project and one small piece of information I need (but cannot seem to find) is who Varzim's manager was in 1970.

Completely random, I know, but if anyone here has any idea whatsoever, I would be greatly appreciative.

2. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    1970-1971Varzim SC:

(7v, 4e, 15d, 23-52, 18p)

T: Rodrigues Dias (até à 21ª jornada), Noé Castro.

Grs: José Luís (19 j); Pedro Benje (7 j), Castro (+1 j).
    Def: Fernando Ferreira (17+1 j), Quim (23 j), Salvador (25 j), Sidónio “cap.” (26 j); Acácio (16+2 j), José António (4+6 j), Lima Pereira, Ciborro.
    Med: Serrão (18 j), Rico (26 j), Marques (15+4 j); Catricoto (4+8 j), Aleixo (9+4 j).
    Avs: Nélson (20+5 j), Nunes Pinto (25 j), Sousa (22+3 j); Gamboa (7+1 j), Zegre (3+5 j).

Golos: Nunes Pinto 8, Nélson 4, Sousa 4, Aleixo 2, Marques 2, Francisco Ferreira 1, Acácio 1. + 1 autogolo de Pena (Belenenses).

By the way, why do you want to know?

kenntomasch repped this.
  3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Collecting the records of everyone who ever coached in the original NASL here in the States.

In 1970, games against four club teams from other countries counted in the NASL standings for each of the six teams in the league. Varzim was one of the four. But I had not been able to discern who was their manager.

So it was Rodrigues Dias, then?

4. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Yes until the 21st round and then either he was fired or quit and Noe Castro took over.

kenntomasch repped this.