Complaint about Arsenal forum moderator Rick B

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by johan neeskens, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Rick - Just to clarify a couple of comments, I do think you escalated things a little quickly, not sure if I made that clear or made an inconsistent comment or not. When I say guests, I'm talking about non-Arsenal fans - not necessarily newbies - not sure that was clear from your comment. I didn't mean to imply that you had pasted a thread, just that I thought - incorrectly - that someone had. And finally, I do think the stuff you do for your fellows fans really is amazing so it's no wonder that folks want to defend you vigorously.

You will be happy to know that I'm taking advantage of the US holiday so I won't be able to play a part in keeping this going. I guess we can shut it down, but perhaps we should make sure Cannon doesn't have any follow up.

2. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No need from the look of it. Go ahead and euthanize it.

3. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Fair enough on your first point - I honestly had got a different impression from your post on post 13. Please take into consideration that had I of thought you meant that, I would of said quite bluntly, as we have spoken in the past, that Johan can be an attention seeking troll, who has a long history of taking threads off track and annoying forums and mods with both her attitude and posting style. I knew who I was dealing with............

No, the guest bit wasn't clear. Personally I put posters into the following categories:

a) Forum Regulars who contribute a lot
    b) Forum Readers who contribute occassionaly
    c) Regular posters of other forums on Bigsoccer who post in Arsenal
    d) Newbies - Arsenal supporters
    e) Newbies - Non-Arsenal supporters
    f) Trolls, known trouble makers, spammers, Tottenham fans
    g) Sheringh*m fans

I give leeway accordingly in that order.

Nope, no-one posted a thread - if they had I'd suggest (in a non-arrogant way) that we'd be onto a lot more pages than we are already.....

Thank you. I do it because I love the fact that there are people from thousands of miles away who want to come and see my hometown club play football. Ten years ago people would of laughed at Americans watching Arsenal.

I forgot it was a holiday there, ours was last weekend - and like the rest of the world our Labour day is in May.......;)

Im sure this thread will have lots of posts for you to respond to on your return. In the meantime can you respond pretty please to my thread in the Mod forum for your attention. Not related to this.

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    since johan is alone in this thread, i will say that nicephoras is the biggest elitist on the board, one who is way more annoying than johan. also, to reiterate, rickb is a...shouldnt curse in this thread should i? :D who will not tolerate dissent in "his" forum.

just to prove im not into the clique thing, i am not the biggest fan of johan either :)

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    You may of realised this, but there is a reason for that. See if you can be clever and work it out for yourself.......

Biggest elitist? Hmmm. nicephoras generally talks and posts about subjects he is familiar with and can prove his facts with. I take it therefore he's proven you wrong at some point then?

Oh please, don't hold back. I promise I won't cry.......

I am quite happy to be proven wrong. By the way, what was it that Ive so obviously upset you over? Did I edit a post of yours or something?

And yet your first post in this thread was "Im with Johan" :rolleyes:

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    *Sigh*

Oh well.

As requested, this thread is closed.