Post-match: Columbus @ New York, Matchday 8

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pretty much agree with all of this.

2. svc641

svc641 Member+

Aug 19, 2014
    West Liberty
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Artur just dislocated his wrist. I've seen that before. It always looks broken at the time it happens.

3. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I question Higuain Salary compared to his performance and durability of 34 games. He is a very good player but you need consistent play from a DP and that starts with being available.

Trapp does a good job but needs someone else to do all the hard box to box work. He doesn't have the size to be a midfield boss and he doesn't contribute with goals and assist very often. If he was stronger on the ball and was the size of Tchani than his stat line would be acceptable.

Steffen is good and no arguments from me except we have nobody for him to compete for playing time. This guy gets injured we are screwed.

porchlight repped this.
  4. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We should visit him at the hospital, anyone knows where he is at please share.

5. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Best post , I agree with all of it

We need to acquire another CDM and cut ABU effective immediately!!!

6. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #31 chr1st, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    TO. THE. DEATH!

Lemme get some Cheladas in me and I'll head right up to Dutchess. I'll see you in... let me run the numbers... uh... I'LL SEE YOU IN 21 HOURS, MATE!

EDIT: I MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN ASLEEP BECAUSE I'M THE ROUGHEST LAD!

Draghignazzo repped this.
  7. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the look of utter joy on Hang's face, one can hardly tell this photo was taken before our triumphant defeat at New Jersey Toxic Waste Dump Arena.

855913028440731648 is not a valid tweet id

All hail @hangthadj! All hail #HangOnTour!

EDIT: I want those pants.

8. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Higuain was a calming presence on the ball last night. Against a pressing defense, that's an important role to play. Unfortunately, without Artur helping transition the ball from the back to the front, Pipa was either detached from the play (most of the first half) or forced to drop back to shuttle the ball forward (prevents him from orchestrating the offense).

Trapp's not positioned to get goals or assists, sooooooooo... Last night, he did a fine job distributing the ball. I've been impressed with his ball-winning and tenacity on defense this season. He's using his body much better to protect the ball, and he isn't giving up possession as cheaply as he did last season.

Steffen is awesome. I motion we induct him into the Circle of Honor immediately.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  9. Crewture

Crewture Member

Columbus Crew
    Poland
    Jan 28, 2013
    Linesville, PA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly on Mohammed Abu. Repped.

And on the tactics.. Since you kept talking up this three CB thing. Um wouldn't it have made sense against NYRB and their one striker?

TRUJDUB repped this.
  10. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding Abu: slow, inaccurate, panicky on the ball, disinterested play. Unless he's showing Gigi something amazing at practice, I can't fathom why he's making the 18. Yikes.

TRUJDUB and Kyle Crew repped this.
  11. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GB did say after the game it was broken. Not sure if they confirmed with x-rays or whatnot. Said surgery was scheduled already, more news on Monday IIRC.

12. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Berhalter told the Dispatch that Artur is having wrist surgery on Monday and they'll know the recovery time after that. He said Crognale was ok. I'm taking that as Crognale will play next match.

I can't figure out what Abu was showing in practice to be ahead of Tchani before the trade. He looked out of his depth yesterday. Everybody knows the Red Bulls like to press. Everyone knows we like to play out of the back. Yet we didn't seem prepared for the opening minutes of the match.

13. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Tchani was essentially gone since the end of last season. GB must have been waiting for a foreign transfer off (hahahaha) or something in MLS to open up. I guess the Manneh deal was the best option.

chr1st repped this.
  14. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sources close to soccer told me Tchani was unhappy at the end of last season..frustrated may be a better term

15. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    KHTs rewarded

[​IMG]

chr1st repped this.
  16. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eat shit and die good sir.

Draghignazzo, the_rickler and TRUJDUB repped this.
  17. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    putt putt deserves a ban for posting that picture

Dan Milton repped this.
  18. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Kyle please edit that post and remove that atrocious minion kit pic

Dan Milton repped this.
  19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That face is a swig of warm beer after being told that Manneh wasn't in the 18.

The pants match my Sunshine Brigade scarf.

chr1st and Draghignazzo repped this.
  20. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    #45 Psycho_Derek, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    About abu. Awful first half. Awful first 20 minutes of second. Then, maybe because nyrb felt sorry for him but I think he did a 7/10 job for the last 25 mins. He made some good tackles interceptions and started to actually pass to team mates.

I am hoping that if artur is out for a few games we might see the last 25 min Abu and not the first 62 mins Abu as the were "abu"lutely awful. :)

Shamrock Rovers, chr1st and Kyle Crew repped this.
  21. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I get hangthadj an Ola jersey for christmas, I'll get myself #8 'abu'lutely awful haha.

Shamrock Rovers repped this.
  22. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    How bout Mensah and Crognale at CB, Naess at DM and Trapp in Artur's spot. Trapp has an eye for offense and can pass in tight situations. Gotta be better than Abu.

Shamrock Rovers, Robbiegoal and TRUJDUB repped this.
  24. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't be worse than Abu in the lineup. Very defensive, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

25. Crewture

Crewture Member

Columbus Crew
    Poland
    Jan 28, 2013
    Linesville, PA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mentioned your hate train in my post on the game, linked it, put on Reddit lol http://www.crewture.net/2017/04/a-tale-of-two-teams.html.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Hollingsworth's goal last night? One of the top goals I've seen in a while. His turn alone to set it up was wow. Surprised no one is really talking about it.

I thought the guy was stuck there for the rest of his career. But, goal is of someone that shouldn't stay there forever. That was special. No?

Wouldn't be terrible for this new setup if he started out there and turns out to be a hell of a surprise little player in future. Just didn't know he had that in him. Interesting.