Columbus Crew vs New Jersey Red Marschians (Match 16 | June 9, 2018 5:00 PM ET)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Jun 7, 2018.

Tags:
?

What will be the result of the Crew's 06/09/18 match vs NYRB?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2018.
  1. Win by two or more goals

14.7%
  2. Win by one goal

41.2%
  3. Michael Bradley Hat Trick (née Tie)

8.8%
  4. Lose by one goal

11.8%
  5. Lose by two or more goals

8.8%
  6. Grella Goes Gaga: starts & plays ≥65 minutes, ≥1 goal, ≥1 assist, Crew wins (worth 2 points!!)

11.8%
  7. "Thank goodness we don't have to worry about winning THE CUP this season!" - jerkfaces everywhere

2.9%
  1. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should check out Chicago's goal in extra time then. Katai lobbed a ball directly at ketterer, who spilled it straight to a wide open nicolic. Kempin isnt great, but he's better then ketterer, come on. What are you, ketterer's dad or something?

chr1st, POdinCowtown and hangthadj repped this.
  2. SLSHOT01

SLSHOT01 Member+

Columbus
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    Edison, Ohio
    Fun fact.

I sat a few rows behind Ketterer’s family at that game.

Really felt bad for him/them.

But he is not ready for this level at this point.

Just another amazing fact about this team, I know where Trapps, Crognales, and a handful of former players sit in the stands and often chat with them.

In fact at that game Williams and Mensah were sitting in the suite just behind our seats as well.

You just don’t get that access and hometown feel anywhere else or any other sport!

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Oh you didn’t see any of the Open Cup match? Please carry on and tell me your opinions of the criticisms of Berhalter and Ketterer during the Open Cup match. I’m sure it’s valuable insight. Post multiple times, some in a defensive posture agaibsr those who question your insight, if necessary.

I’m sure we will all be better for it!

Placid Casual, SLSHOT01 and Kyle Crew repped this.
  4. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really?

Really?

That's play's not going to earn him any golden gloves, but it's a ball played from a close distance that requires a quick reaction, and it snuck through his hands. I've seen worse. Hell, Steffen had a shot go right through his hands at the end of the Houston match last season. Anyone see the UEFA Champions League Final?

God. When I posted before, I was under the impression that one of our goalkeepers had made a mistake that cost us a match. Now I can argue that we've had two goalkeepers cost us two matches. I'm not sure this argument is even worth having. The point is that neither one of them is really any good, so bitching about which one played which match isn't worth the effort.