Pre-match: Columbus Crew vs New England Clam Sauce Fake Grass Chowdahs | Match 2 - Mar. 9, 2019 2:00 PM ET

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What will be the result of the Crew's 3/9/19 match vs New England?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2019.
  1. Win by two or more goals

17.9%
  2. Win by one goal

42.9%
  3. Canadian Win (née Tie)

16.1%
  4. Lose by one goal

8.9%
  5. Lose by two or more goals

5.4%
  6. Saves the Crew: Steffen makes ≥4 saves, Crew tie (worth 2 points!!)

5.4%
  7. “If Pedro Santos falls down in the box and no one is around to trip him, is it a foul?” - Ted Unkel

3.6%
  1. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I think there might also have been 2 or 3 of the 125 posts that had to do with what should happen on Saturday.

hungariansteven repped this.
  2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I would really love to go to a watch party with that group. No really. Honest. I know some of the folks who went to the first one a few weeks ago. Have known some of them for going on 15 years. Really great Crew fans up here in Northeast Ohio.

But my week has been a damn train wreck (not professionally because I keep that going, you have to). I know everyone marveled at how our beautiful stadium was cleaned up. Well some stuff must not have been scrubbed down because both of my kids picked up a crazy viral rash like hand, foot, and mouth disease. Though I cannot confirm the virus is that because - and this part gets good - the pediatrician will not see your kids if they have anything that looks even remotely like that virus. Highly contagious and all. I wish I had that type of job. Nope kid, I cannot help you if you have this situation going on in your class. Too contagious for the rest of the students.

Just wait the ********ing virus out, okay.

Anyway, to make a long story, a short one, I blame the former owners. Dirty ********ing people.

Oh and my heating stopped working in my vehicle. Yes, I know a thing or two about motor vehicles so I can deduce one of three or four things are occurring. Costly things.

Add to that as a parent (and grownup, not always two things that go together, unfortunately) my weekend is chalk full of do this and do that and do this so that in a week you can use up Saturday to go to Columbus.

Enjoy Missing Falls Brewery. I follow both the establishment and NorDost 96 on FaceBook. Make sure to wear a "I am so-and-so on BigSoccer" name tag or t-shirt. I will keep an eye out for the photos.

What guy?

Ueberjames repped this.
  3. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    A pediatrician that won’t see your kids because they’re sick. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard. There’s a pretty good chance though that they didn’t get it from the stadium. That stuff spreads like wildfire through schools, daycares, shopping centers, etc. I’ve been lucky in my (almost) 4 years with my son that he’s not gotten anything remotely like that. Aside from a few high temperatures and some common colds here and there, he’s been fairly healthy.

4. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think we win by a goal, by the way.

Tobias C and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As @Bill Archer implied, it's probably a long list...;);)

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The worst time I ever had in my life for being chronically ill was the month or so I spent living at a friend's house who had two kids (while I was waiting for my house across the street to close, so I could move in). Kids are disease vectors.... I caught almost everything they caught (their parents were more or less immune by that point). Not complaining, mind you, as being able to stay there was a godsend at that point in my life.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some earnest dude came by, knees quivering in fear, and posted info about NorDost96 here someplace. He admitted to having some trepidation about posting on BS. Maybe he knows that Morgan chick.

I was my usual cordial, warm and welcoming self - the very soul of graciousness and civility - and I think he took it the wrong way.

Honestly, I wasn't mean or anything; I think a regular group up there is a marvelous idea and said so. But he took offense I think. He made some defensive response and has never been back.

LaMacchia repped this.
  8. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to try and watch this one at Endeavor. According to the Nordecke email I just got, here are all of the official watch parties:

COLUMBUS

1.) Endeavor Brewing: 909 W 5th Ave

2.) 4th Street Bar and Grille: 810 N 4th St

3.) Ruby's: 1978 Summit St

4.) Hendocks: 2375 N High

5.) Land Grant: 424 W Town St

CINCINNATI

1.) Mikey's Late Night Slice- OTR: 2014 Elm St

DAYTON

1.) Brixx Ice Co.: 500 E 1st St

CLEVELAND

1.) Platform Brewery: 4125 Lorain Ave

AKRON

1.) Missing Falls Brewery: 540 S Main St

CHICAGO

1.) Graystone Tavern: 3441 N Sheffield Ave

Ch(Elsey), chr1st and boomshea repped this.
  9. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yes. I remember now.

How do people find this place these days? Once it was the top hit for most things Crew. Now? I can search for Columbus Crew Hype Train, and hang's thread is links behind some Reddit thread on the FC Cincy hype train.

How in the hell is real does Cincy have a hype train?

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It probably runs in their subway (look it up...).;);)

Ueberjames and puttputtfc repped this.
  11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a partial list of where people will be. ImI sure Fado Easton and the new one in Dublin will be packed as well.

And yeah, it's also above, but this shows which groups.

FB_IMG_1552060453208.jpg

12. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Crew win by 1 on the road.

Crew legend Brad Friedel is a horrible manager. He was a horrible hire and really any hire by the Revs is a horrible hire. No coach worth having would take that job.

Edit: True story - I just deleted my edit. While a true story, I sounded like an old fart bragging about days gone by...probably because I was!

Ch(Elsey), jack sticker and Bill Archer repped this.
  13. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brixx? Oof.

14. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget about the Harry Buffalo in Westerville. I hope many people check it out so they'll keep doing it and because it's close to my home.

15. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018

This is why we cant have nice things.

16. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999

Revs ownership checked out a while ago. For fifteen years the team exists to fill a few days at an empty stadium, buy office supplies for the Patriots and collect a SUM check. Timon's dog knows more Rev players than Kraft. It's a shame, there's some great fans up there and like other markets I can think of, deserve more than MLS can offer.

Robbiegoal, MLSinSTL and TKyle repped this.
  17. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FootyRef! He’s back!
    How’s life?

Bill Archer repped this.
  18. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    There are a lot of wasted markets in MLS Chicago, Philly, Montreal, Boston, and Denver come to mind.

19. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
  20. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to find a bar in Marietta who will promise to put the game on, and invite @CybrSlydr and that other guy I can't recall at the moment to come by and drink on me. I'm thinking Marietta Brewing.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  21. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Is Marietta an upgrade from Canton?

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  22. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    The subway that was never finished! I believe Central Parkway runs over part of it. Of course Central Parkway was built over what had been the Ohio Erie Canal. Which is also the reason that part of town was called over the Rhine. Many of the residents were of German ancestry,so If you went to that part of town you had to go over the Rhine river (the canal)

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can recall the Reds being called the "Rhinelanders".... I think Crosley Field was up in that part of town.

24. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    A @Bill Archer beer. Meaning he never shows up. Hahaha just kidding.

25. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to hear about your week. Dealing with sick kids is rough. I had that kind of week last week, with a son with strep coupled with a miserable time at work and having to run the other kids to their activities. I was just happy being able to sit on the couch, put the game, and relax for a few hours.

I don't know if my dad will be able to join me, but I'll probably try to make it down myself.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.