Columbus Crew @ Bridgeview Dumpster Fire | Match 26 - August 23, 2018 7:00 PM ET

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Aug 20, 2018.

?

What will be the result of the Crew's 08/23/18 match at Bridgeview?

Poll closed Aug 23, 2018.
  1. Win by two or more goals

19.4%
  2. Win by one goal

47.2%
  3. Canadian Win (née Tie)

13.9%
  4. Lose by one goal

2.8%
  5. Lose by two or more goals

8.3%
  6. Thoroughly Doused in Urine - Crew score five goals (worth 2 points!!)

2.8%
  7. *rolling around on the ground* - Pedro Santos

5.6%
  1. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is Berhalter's fault that Zardes missed a shot from 1 year out in the 3rd minute that would have probably turned this game into a turkey shoot.

And Berhalter's fault Milton passed to Nikolic for the goal.

And Berhalter's fault that hand balls are now allowed after the 70th minute.

Sure 4-3-3 (especially with Pedro) was not the best line up last night but the players were terrible. But that is what happens in Bridgeview.

MFRONE and TRUJDUB repped this.
  2. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope you all cashed in on ya boy's low-scoring draw Guarantee(R). I've got a table for two at the Palm for lunch today and I don't plan on doing any work after one pm.

odave, Draghignazzo and chr1st repped this.
  3. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Players make mistakes, Ref's miss calls. Coaches should set their teams up to win against inferior opposition. When they don't it's their fault when the team doesn't win.

What was he scared of?

Again, if Pipa is too tired from Sunday to start, leave him home. I know he's hamstrung by Santos being a DP but at some point you've got to bench the guy.

TRUJDUB and puttputtfc repped this.
  5. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I think with Santos it's a combination of salary and consistency. Our other wingers are highly inconsistent and while Santos is substandard, he's reliably substandard. You don't have to burn a sub on him because you know the level you will get.

6. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess, but come on, this system is built to get production from our wingers and crosses from our wing backs. We've played 7 guys at the wing spots this season (maybe 8 now with Meram) and they have combined to provide less than Ethan Finlay did in 2015. We're getting next to nothing from 2 of our attacking positions game in and game out. Most have been given a fair shot one of the spots. Getting a few games in a row to get a feel and you know, actually provide something. Santos is the only one being trotted out there every time he's healthy and he hasn't provided any more than the other guys getting a third of the chances.

ZipSix, TRUJDUB, Draghignazzo and 2 others repped this.
  7. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Out of all those wingers who is the most consistent and can go for 90 minutes? The overpaid one who can't stand up.

8. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah. Has anyone mentioned that despite this feeling like a loss, we actually got a point? That’s because of Hansen’s goal. Which we’ve kind of overlooked.

This is a guy who doesn’t score a lot, and that was one piece of really clinical finishing. Good technique, and slotted that thing right inside the far post. We’ve all been so focused on the two points we blew, and arguing with each other over coaching, but I want to make sure we don’t shortchange Hansen for that effort.

redi44crew and Belgrano repped this.
  9. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Chicago played Bayern yesterday for Schweinie's testimonial. I guess that's why the Major League game was bumped.