Colombian Squad For Copa America 07

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by ARISTI, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ARISTI

ARISTI New Member

Jul 12, 2006
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    -------------------Neco Marteniz--------------

Perea----- Christian Zapata----- A Mosquera------- Casierra

-------------------Abel Aguilar---------------------

Escobar--------------Tessor---------------Soto

-------------Angel----------Rodallega-------

this is my team:( i realize its more than they can call up but these r who I like, only ones that are sure things are the starters, but Venezulea is such a long time from now, so hopefully new players will spring up and guarin, perea , renteria and aguilar can get more playing time. I want there to be experience but then again mostly youthful to get alot of players recognized by clubs in europe and in SA. I hope we have a coach soon haha and not Lara he let us lose to el salvador tahts sad. I mean Falaco and the rest of our strikers can learn alot from Angel, but then again I dont want players called up because they play in europe, are big name players, if they arent preforming well. I prefer to have a player who scored 4 goals in the past 3 games and no one knows about then renteria who hasnt been heard of since copa lib.

Id Call up
    goalies
    GK-Libis Arenas ( i like him but if he isnt playing then ill have to cut him)
    GK- Ospina (very impressed for such a young keeper,should go for
    experience, not neccisarly to play)
    GK- Viafara (america isnt his fault, was amazin against chile)
    Gk- Neco Martinez (how cant u call him up after his goal against poland haha)

Defenders
    CB-Cristian Zapata (unquestioned starter in italy, should be given his shot)
    CB-Ivan Cordoba (great but has to many auto gols, maybe to old)
    CB-Cassiera
    CB-H. Palacio (Junior es Tu papa )
    RB-Luis Perea (great player, unquestioned starter,captain isnt he?)
    LB-Vladimir Marin
    CB-A Mosquera ( the fact he hasnt been called up yet is beyond me)
    CB-Mario Yepes (super mario, I love this guy his tears cure cancer i hear
    but he is doing awful in france
    will cut if he doesnt start playin better)
    CB-De la Cuesta (he is doing great in the 2nd division, scoring alot, remember that half the Venezulean team is in the 2nd of italy and spain and we still ahve trouble with those teams)

I would prob drop IRC and Yepes if they continue to preform bad in their leagues, but then again this might be their last time putting on a colombian uniform. Id love to see a 3 man defense but being realistic i picked 4 in back.

mids
    CDM-Freddy Guarin
    RCM-Giovanny Hernandez
    LCM-Aldo Leao Ramirez
    CM-David Ferreira
    RM-Camilo Zuniga
    CDM-Abel Aguilar (he is a diff player with the yellow shirt)
    CAM-Tressor Moreno
    RM-Escobar
    LM-Elkin Soto
    RM-Castrillon
    LM-Dominguez

again as much as id love to use Guarin he isnt playing, I know the same is the case with Aguilar but that kid just becomes a beast with our NT jersey on. Sorry to the haters but he is on my WE. As much as I hate Tessor I gotta put him in, he is one of those players that can change the game in a seacond like Soto. Even tho u dont see them all game they can change it like soto did against uruguay in 3 mins 2 goals.

strikers
    ST-Edixon Perea (so sad , he is good and they wont let him have a chance)
    ST-Falcao Garcia
    ST-Quintero
    ST-Yanes
    ST- Wason Renteria
    ST- Angel
    ST-Hugo Rodallega
    ST- G Rey (not if he doesnt start scoring more)
    ST- Montano (doing good in the 2nd division of france :)

Angel and Hugo are the only 2 players scoring right now, but id love to have Falaco in here. Angel is unquestionable for me, not because he plays in europe or because he is Angel but because more than 1 defender has to mark him, which isnt the same with any other player in our team right now, and he can teach the other strikers alot from just seeing him. Then in 2nd half we can put in an extremly fast player in like hugo or renteria to finish off a team. Love to have Falaco - Angel Partnership. Id also love to call up my toroito arzuaga but that guy needs to go on weight watchers or something

3. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    when did we lose to El Salvador?
    We played them in D.C. about 2 years ago, and we won.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    our sub 17 lost today to el salvador :(

i mean i want to blame lara but the thing is he is the coach of all colombian NTS !!! WTF is up with that

he has to work with teh sub 17 then next week he has teh sub 20 then in a month the real NT

i mean our fed is really getting their moneys worth with this guy, but its effecting our preformance in an international level. I prefer we had a diff coach for sub 17, sub 20 and for our NT. This guy has his head in to many places for my liking

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    what? I didn't know we were playing them, but its the sub17, you never know with those kids....they may be good, but too imature to show it....anyway, what was the score?

6. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    0-1 apparently...... Two days before they drawed 1-1 with Mexico (World Champs BTW), what proves Pibe#10's point.... Is a 4 team tourney in Salvador, another reason for the local to have good performances.....

8. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yes, "localidad" counts a lot, especially for youth tournaments, since they don't have the experience (that's what I meant when I said that they were still too imature) of playing under pressure outside of our country.

now, the sub20 is a different story, specially our guys, who do have the experience, those 3 years make a lot of difference.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ur right but it still not good to lose to El salvador....

but guys seriously dont u think the fact that lara is the coach of all the colombian NTs will make our teams preformance suffer a bit?

10. ARISTI

ARISTI New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    I Think Our Sub-20 Has An Excellent Squad But Our Sub-17 Needs Some Improvement , I Mean To Lose To El Salvador Is Like When We Lost 4-0 Against Bolivia ,these Are Nations We Can Easily Beat. As For Eduardo Lara The Man Did Good During The Central American And Carribean Games In Cartagena But He Can't Be In Charge To All Our Squads.

11. elpipeman

elpipeman New Member

Nov 11, 2005
    ENVIGADO
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    --------------------Calero-----------------------
    zuñiga--------Amaranto---Zapata---------Casierra

------------Guarin----------Escobar---------------

-----------------Tressor---------------------------
    ------------------------------------------Marin

--------------Renteria-----------------------------
    ------------------------------L.G. Rey.-------------

Personalmente con esta nomina y sus jugadores en buen nivel no ganamos esa copa.

12. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    renteria ni esta enla banca con el inter,guarin tan poco con su equipo en francia.rey no ase goles en mexico,tresor juega bien un partido de 10.lo unico que me gustan de tu nomina es la defensa i calero en la porteria.la mia seria algo si.------------------------------------------------------ --------------------calero-----------------------------------daniel briceno--------mosquera------zapata-----------perea----------------------------------marin------soto------escobar-------vargas-----------------------------------angel----------------briceno----------------------------en la banca rodagol,giovanni,viafara,anchico,falcao,ferreira.

13. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    Y es que Vargas juega?:confused:

14. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ahora mismo esta lastimado...pero los dias que estubo jugando lo iso mui bien..los brasileros por alla gustan mucho de el,es mejor estranjero en el equipo en estos momentos.

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    para que especular con alineaciones, si no sabemos siquiera los gustos del proximo entrenador!?

meluk del tiempo, ayer en entrevista para CNN, dice que Rueda se entrevestara con Bielsa (despues de ver varios videos de colombianos) antes de su viaje a mejico.
    marcelo quiere ver con que problemas y talentos cuenta para tomar un reto de 4 años, con posible paquete monetario de 6 millones de dolares (incluyendo bonus para copa america y calsificacion al mundial, donde terminaria su ciclo)

16. elpipeman

elpipeman New Member

Nov 11, 2005
    ENVIGADO
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    rey tampoco estaba marcando muchos goles en el morelia cuando la eliminatoria pasada pero siempre es titular y cuando lo llamaban a la seleccion siempre respondia con goles, a tressor le e visto muchos partidos esta temporada con el veracruz y siempre a jugado bien, lo mismo opina la prensa mexicana, a guarin es por que no tenemos mas y estoy seguro que que jugaria mejor que cualquier otro volante de marca asi no juegue en francia y en lo de wason tal vez tenes razon pero si queremos renobar la seleccion tenemos que colocar a wason,roda,falcao o edixon y 3 de los 4 estan en bajo nivel o sino seguir con angel que aunque no me choca se sabe que no llegaria a un hipotetico mundial.

17. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yo entiendo todo lo quedices pero si queremos ganar esta copa ahi que tener jugadores que juegen con sus equipos nos que esten mamando banca.pero mi opinion colombia tiene mejores jugadores el miedio que tressor como soto i escobar.angel en el momento es el mejor delatero que tiene colombia,unico que esta siendo goles.

18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Angel tiene a su favor que es un jugador que se entrega y juega para el equipo, ademas de estar en buen momento, pero tocara ver como llega al 2007....

Rey tiene un molde muy parecido, pero es mas movil y aunque no marca es un tipo que sabe jugar para su socio de formula... He visto dos partidos de el y me impresiono su versatilidad y su capacidad de entender que se necesita en cada jugada, es decir, pasa cuando es el momento, desborda cuando toca y patea cuando tiene claridad... Es decir, aunque no marque, es importante para su equipo...

Como es un juego de equipo el seleccionador debera evaluar no solo el talento de cada pieza pero como funcionan juntos, por eso yo creo que tipos como Rey hay que mirarlos mas alla de la tabla de anotadores...

Y una mas, acuerdense que aun quedan como 9 meses y tocara ver quien esta afilado....

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    el futuro de la sub20

Colombia Sub-20 enfrentará a los equipos Nacional, Envigado y Medellín como preparación para el Campeonato Sudamericano de Paraguay, a disputarse del 7 al 28 de enero de 2006.

El enfrentamiento de los tres equipos antioqueños ante la sub-20, comenzará este jueves contra el Envigado en el Parque Estadio Sur.

Nacional, será el segundo en enfrentarse a la selección el próximo domingo, quedó por definir cual será la nómina del “verde de la montaña”. El próximo miércoles 25 de Octubre, el rival de la Sub-20 será Medellín

Esta seleccion de triunfar en el suramericano, seria la base del nuevo entrenador de la mayores

20. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Re: el futuro de la sub20

is chitiva and mosquera on the list?

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    mosquera not being on the list is a crime !!!

he he doesnt go to our copa america then the guy should just suit up for mexico haha... cause what else does he have to do.

he scores every 3-4 games and he is a defender.... as for chivita I dont no....

I mean I believe we have better players than him and if he is on our team he will prob be on the bench. He has been called up, dont think he has ever played

22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree with you on the metter of Mosquera. he's a great defender and he scored many goals for his position, and it's not that IRC and Yepes were in great form in the national team. I think he should be central defender along side Cristian Zapata who plays well for Udinese. Amaranto as right defender and Casierra as left defender. In the metter of Chitiva, he plays well also but I don't think he should start. maybe to come as a substitute. I really like to see Elkin Soto again. ever since he was called for the first time, he plays very well when he wears the yellow jersey of Colombia.

23. Bermele

Bermele Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No entiendo porque la gente descarta a chitiva tan rapido cuando nisiquiera se le a dado una oportunidad de jugar en la seleccion de mayores. A este man toca convocarlo a la copa america, es ya o nunca, tiene 27 años esta en su edad perfecta para brillar.

Ademas miren sus palmares:

Subcampeon del torneo de verano 2001 con Pachuca
    Campeon del Torneo de invierno 2001 con Pachuca
    Subcampeon de la Copa Merconorte con Millonarios
    Campeon de la copa campeones de concacaf 2002 con Pachuca
    Campeon en Touloun 2000 con Colombia
    Subcampeon de la copa de oro 1999 con Colombia
    Campeon del Torneo Apertura 2003 con Pachuca
    Subcampeon de la copa de campeones de concacaf 2003-2004 con Pachuca

Pachuca puede que no sea el mejor equipo de Mexico pero siempre esta entre los mas altos, y Chitiva ha sido titular casi indiscutible desde el 2001.

Yo no estoy diciendo que el nos va a salvar la seleccion pero como vamos a saber sin darle una oportunidad?

24. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Copa America 2007 [R]

I thought it will be a good idea to stat a thread on this already. We can have updates on key players that might be on the squad and update their progress..

25. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Copa America 2007 [R]

we can speculate about the squad that we think will get called up.

Who would you call if you were Pinto?