Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I don't know about you guys but the scapegoat will always be the same... @crzdcolombian

Anything goes wrong I'm blaming him for all the negative talk in these forums :devilish::D

Doogs, crzdcolombian, jay luis and 5 others repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chara demostrando por que no es un jugador para partidos de elite.

falta de capacidad.

llevar a ese tipo es perder un cupo.

J-Mezzy and Cruzifero repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No but I think we should get to the final 8 and from there who knows :)

But anything other then getting out of group stage is failing.

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2002/jul/22/newsstory.sport9

I remember reading this back in the day and thought this was an article from theonion.com

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown repped this.
  6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Si Sampaoli lo esta de verdad considerando, no creo que Pekerman tenga chance...

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El problema es que Sampaoli dicen que la cerro las puertas.......esta casado con esos 3 arqueros.......y seguro marchesin esta por delante de el.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He can start for Colombia. While he def better then the 3 GKs called last games will Argentina start him

I thank Ospina for being a stud these past 10 years but not like he is James or Falcao. Armani is better and should and would start for us

9. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i would love to see armani called up honestly. we need good backup for that position...im still traumatized by robinson zapata

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Armani might be better than ospina at this point. I'd call him up

dapip, pibe10, jay luis and 1 other person repped this.
  11. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If Sampaoli doesn't call him it is a good time to start looking for early onset of glaucoma.. dude must be blind.

Nacional is 2016 libertadores champion in no small measure because Armani. A proven winner, bleeds his country , and he is on fire right now. He must be one of the 3 better Argentinian keepers.

dapip and pibe10 repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Armani should have been called a long time ago. I understand that its a matter of Armani's signature to become a Colombian. I think that he also understood that Sampaoli will continue with the same keepers of the qualifiers so I hope he'll be invited and accept Pekerman's call. At the moment he is better than Ospina but with all my love to him I still stick with David ss 1st choice.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But that there is the problem we can’t start our friends or are kids if we have better players available.

Armani > Ospina. And at this moment it’s not even close. Armani should start
    C Zapata is frozen out of Ac Milan. Shouldn’t even go but he is our #3
    Abel we all saw at 33 he just doesn’t have it any more
    Sanchez while he played the game of his life he just isn’t as versatile as Lerma or Barrios
    Gio Moreno wtf has he done in 10 years for people to still mention his name
    Quintero sub at River and at every team for his whole 7-8 year career yet people still hope he will be better then James

14. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why do you keep saying carlos sanchez cant go? Abel i get ( sort of) c.zapata ( ok) but Sanchez?

Just throw in lerma and barrios right? Barrios has maybe 2 games in the Nt that he played well and Lerma played only 3 games with the Nt. This isnt fifa 18

Azucarero, dapip and sidspaceman repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This Armani Novela is playing with my emotions here.
    I just want some closure either way.

dapip repped this.
  16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    AT THE MOMENT. The WC is 2 months away. Beside, it's not that Ospina is a shitty keeper, for me he is still among top 5 in South America. And he was there when we needed him the most, he was there since 2007, he deserves to be our 1st keeper in Russia. There are things which are more important as the current form, at least for me.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree for the most part. Maybe if Armani were brought in November (when I really wanted him to be acclimated) he would have a chance to start, but now? Unless Ospina is more injured than the reports are telling us I think there is pretty much no chance for Armani to start.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What of it? That Barrios had 2-3 games for Colombia and Lerma maybe 1 full game

James 1 game in the NT in la Paz he gave the assist to the 1st victory I have ever seen a Colombian team get there

Cuadrado 1st cap didn’t he get a assist?

They aren’t playing American football or hockey. They are playing the same sport. Shouldn’t take them 5 years to get ready to play

Also with Sanchez and Ospina. If we have better options then they should play

19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Sounds like he's got his papers. His ambition is to be admired. Really like his humbleness too.

I would imagine a smart guy like Pekerman and his staff have had some type of personal conversation with Armani. Pekerman has to also weigh in how that would affect Ospina's resolve in a position that has been 100% his for two WCQ cycles and 1 WC. Some real competition may just be what Ospina needs to be motivated but it may cause more harm than good. That competition surely hasn't helped him at Arsenal.

I would be shocked if he isn't called up in the list of 35 players. Sampaoli would be a moron not to call him up, if for the very least keeping him away against a potential WC adversary. I think he has zero chance to start for Argentina. Maybe 3rd GK at best but not because he doesnt deserve to fight for the spot. In the Colombian NT, he'll be behind Ospina no matter what happens.

http://www.elcolombiano.com/deporte...franco-armani-en-seleccion-colombia-CF7564433

http://www.pulzo.com/mundial-rusia-...a-su-nacionalizacion-como-colombiano-PP467172

https://www.ole.com.ar/seleccion/decia-Armani-Colombia-Seleccion_3_1993630659.html

villus repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dapip, jay luis, kromekote and 1 other person repped this.
  21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    and that's the end of this show folks :)

crzdcolombian, dapip and sidspaceman repped this.
  22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'm hoping Ospina is rewatching Higuita's horrible play vs Cameroon 90'. Cant get any worse than that...right? right? :oops:

23. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

ohhh that was heartbraking, altough Perea shouldn't have returned the ball in that case either.

24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'll never forget that moment either.... He still could have cleared it and or sent it to the sideline instead of trying to do his typical trickery. But he was known to be that kind of GK and was a good GK in his time despite being small in comparison to what you get today.

sidspaceman repped this.
  25. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its a shame :cautious: