Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bacca and Jackson started also matches in that cup and suck like falcado because they didnt receive option so

Abel wasn't called up to copa Americas and wcq .,.,,in the match against Ecuador he was one of the best and reasons because we played organized . So he haven't been a reason of bad performing ...the matches were he have played recently have been the best of the nt in the last 12 months

Zapata have been our best cb in the last 3 years . Another player that you acussed of underperformed and inst true

Ps: finished this season as starter

Azucarero and dapip repped this.
  2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. So you don't know. I'm not asking you to make decisions, only to float ideas of who you think would be a good fit for our NT. Gareca? Sampaoli? Rueda? Mou? Just saying "Pekerman has to go" dos not cut it in this forum.

2. Colombia only has lost a friendly with 3rd rate players this year. Since Centenario we have won 9 games, draw 5 and lost 3 (32/51 or 63%). That is not a losing team.

3. With Bolillo we had tremendous difficulties creating offense; we would have 3 or 4 options in a good game. With Pekerman, if the team is working well, it is not unusual to have 8 to 10 shots on goal.

4. I don't believe in FIFA rankings (otherwise I'd believe Belgium is the next great thing). I do think we are one step below Brasil, Germany and maybe Chile and Argentina. Other than that, there's a bunch of good teams that are at the same level: Spain, Uruguay, Belgium, Portugal, Italy, maybe Switzerland or England.

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crzd - the one thing that I agree with you the most is the team's tendency to play passive and wait until our cage gets rattled before we bite back.

The only game I really remember well where we played aggressive was the Brazil 2015 CA game. I was proud of that game but then we dropped points the following group game LOL

That kind of fight was absent the entire 2016 CA and is there from time to time in the WCQs.

Venezuela/Brazil will come quicker than we think so we need to put away Venezuela and boss them around. Against Brazil - I'll be happy with a draw and if we don't let Brazil control the pace of the game.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ese partido paraguay en copa america. Fue todo lo contrario que dicen

Ibamos ganando 2-0 en los primeros 30 minutos. (Entonces no se donde sacan que Colombia espero....)

Colombia tuvo otras 4 opciones claras de gol que pegaron en el palo o las saco Villar.

Varios aca necesitan pastillas para la memoria.

dapip and Azucarero repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Problem.... huge issue with Mentality even of the fans. Look we beat them at Copa America and we are playing at home. We got spanked in Brazil at what point do we stop bending over. Venezuela doesn't go to tie at home to anyone they are going to fight to the death because they are our rival. Brazil still has bad blood since the WC against us. Both Games are must win. Venezuela to Qualify and Brazil to prove a FKING point and make a FKING STATEMENT !!! Look will I be pissed with a tie to Brazil.... no.... but thats only if we beat and thats a big if... Venezuela. They go Super Saiyan 50 against us. We need the 6 points and we are in. Lets not wait till the last game or 2nd to last game.

Comenbol is going to FK someone over so Argentina qualifies lets not let that be us. 2 points away from 5th and 4 from 6th !!! 4 points should be enough depending on other results but 6 puts us in. Last 2 games test dudes out do what ever... have a fking tee party. Just book us a ticket to Russia as soon as possible. I hate always having to use a calculator at the end of this shit

krass repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Against ecuador (with two games pending) Colombia got 26 points....Ecuador qualified with 25 points,

So we didnt used the calculator to the end

you have to start to stop with lies

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

These are the positions right now:

1 Brazil (Q) 33
    2 Colombia 24
    3 Uruguay 23
    4 Chile 23
    5 Argentina 22
    6 Ecuador 20
    7 Peru 18
    8 Paraguay 18
    9 Bolivia 10
    10 Venezuela 6

There are 4 games left. Here are the Schedules for the teams:

Brazil: Ecu, @Col, @Bol, Chi. - Avg. Position 5
    Colombia: @Ven, Bra, Par, @Per - Avg. Position 6
    Uruguay: Arg, @Par, @Ven, Bol - Avg. Position 8
    Chile: Par, @Bol, Ecu, @Bra - Avg. Position 6
    Argentina: @Uru, Ven, Per, @Ecu - Avg. Position 6
    Ecuador: @Bra, Per, @Chi, Arg - Avg. Position 4
    Peru: Bol, @Ecu, @Arg, Col - Avg. Position 5
    Par: @Chi, Uru, @Col, Ven. - Avg. Position 5

Uruguay has the easiest schedule and Ecuador the hardest. Colombia and Argentina have a somewhat favorable calendar, specially Colombia who faces 3 of the 4 weaker teams. There are a lot of crosses between the top 6 teams, meaning that if a team beats a direct rival it would do a double damage, and it would probably lower the overall magic number. The empiric rule says that 27 points should be enough to qualify. I'd dare to put that number at 28 for the 5th place, and 30th for the 4th. So lets guess some results for matchdays 15 and 16:

Brazil beats Ecuador - Brazil is on fire, Ecuador is still shocked and has made like 3 points in 6 games.
    Colombia beats Venezuela - Venezuela is the weaker team, the weakest they've been in a while.
    Uruguay and Argentina draw - Struggling teams trying to find their form.
    Chile beats Paraguay - Chile is also on fire, Paraguay has heart but is a weak team.
    Peru beats Bolivia - Peru has the upper hand and they're playing very well.

Colombia and Brazil draw - I see Tite using an alternative lineup and Colombia still finding difficulty with them.
    Chile beats Bolivia - By far the better team.
    Argentina beats Venezuela - Same here.
    Peru beats Ecuador - Peru is on a mission, Ecuador is disheveled.
    Uruguay beats Paraguay. - Uruguay has way more talent.

This would be the table:

1 Brazil (Q) 37
    2 Chile 29
    3 Colombia 28
    4 Uruguay 27
    5 Argentina 26
    6 Peru 24
    7 Ecuador 20
    8 Paraguay 18
    9 Bolivia 10
    10 Venezuela 6

With those results, Ecuador would be all but eliminated, Peru would need to beat either Colombia or Argentina and hope neither wins the other game, or win both games. Argentina would advance by beating Peru, Colombia by beating Paraguay. There's really not much room for Ecuador, Peru or Paraguay and a lot of favorable combinations for Chile, Uruguay, Argentina and Colombia.

crzdcolombian and sidspaceman repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea I am totally on the we should qualify but beating Venezuela is a must. Then Peru. 6 points right there. I know you guys think I am crazy but I want all 12 points :)

But in all honesty if we win the 1st 2 games and qualified I don't mind using the last game as a friendly and try new guys. Can care less if we lose if we are already qualified at that point.

I want to see how we play without James and Cuadrado. Also give Sanchez another start at CB but with less Presure then Spain or fking Argentina haha

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    @crzdcolombian surely knows how to get this forum in panic mode :p....

Coaching wise, gun to the head, Osorio or Rueda, I would go with Rueda. They are both big tacticians and study their rivals very well but Osorio would call 50 players and start his silly rotation of players/overthinking all, have us beat Brazil 7-0 only to switch line up and structure completely during the following game. Personally, not keen on seeing a rotation of Ospina, Vargas and Bonilla if it's not necessary.

What Osorio and Rueda share is a 'want' to coach our NT. This is their dream job. I would love to find 'newer' blood that needs us as much as we need them. And I don't think they are the 2 for the job. That being said it has to be a coach that either identifies with the Colombian player, albeit Euro based Colombian players or Latin America based players. One of the reasons I like Tottenham manager Pochetinno.

Anyhow, it's a bit too early to have to figure to out as it's a long year to the WC (which we have not secured) and truth is so many things can change in a year's time.

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In other news, Mexico is using a totally different lineup in the 2nd game of the confederation cup. GK and everything

Ballsy!

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pochetinno Inter Milan offered him 5 million euro and he didn't go there. We pay Pekerman 2 million USd and not sure if that includes his assistants. So don't see it happening.

More coaches are out there just up to the federation to figure out what's best. Tho hope they don't go back to hey let's just get the coach that won the league last year.

The Peruvian coach is good. He just doesn't have a strong enough roster. I still don't think he is better the Rueda. I hope Brazil fires their coach after the WC and we bring him :) I like how his team is playing. I don't see Argentina letting go of Sampoli but if they do get him. Feel we are way better defensively then Argentina or Chile so a 3 man back. Line would work

As for Rotation no issue in that. Annoying that Osorio switches goalies!! But what if we are playing a game in the snow wouldn't it make sense to change some of our guys up or Altitude.

Pretty sure Osorio wouldn't bench or rotate Ospina, Mina, Arias, Falcao, Cuadrado or James. He has a backbone of his squad.

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Osorio BENCHES/ROTATES EVERYONE. He rides his philosophy on habit forming mentality and tactics. Meaning a player has to instinctively be able to react to "A" if "B" happens. Because the habit forming mentality and tactic is a matter of planned behavior, in theory it should not matter who you place in said position, as whoever plays LB or RW or CB all adapt to the same goal --similar habit forming coaching/tactics were implemented are successful in many sports. (See Tony Dungy and how he built a career doing this). However, the downside to all this is who this affects that posture/mentality of elite players used to starting and that are just plainly better players. You think James would not go ape crazy if he was rotated.

Regarding Gareca, I dont dislike him but why would he be a good fit? Colombia has beaten his Peru sides every single time and there's a very good chance Peru will not qualify to the WC 18'. Yes, they are an improved side with him but keep in mind that it's easy to get better when you've pretty much reached bottom.

Only reason I mentioned a Pochetinno is that NT Manager selection is a bit of a different pony. NT pay, for the most part, will never equal what a manager can get for club. But I would imagine, this younger breed of successful coach has in sights coaching their NT (Sampaoli will eventually crumble for the Arg NT, mark my words), so experimenting in the waters with a different talented NT side in order to work out some kinks and figure this all out is not a shabby idea.

dapip repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If South American rather he already have coached his NT.

Tottenhams coach Argentina wants him. He would just use us as his try out. And jump ship during qualifiers.

Dude Colombias u23 roster was a Best 11 even not including over 23 dudes and that team sucked. Not fair to be like X is a worse coach because y beat him every time with a better team

14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Ok you're a bit all over the place. Understandably, if the next NT comes with a coach that's coached his NT previously that would be great. But all you're doing is limiting your choices to the same select few that are 60+ and already with a foot out to retirement. If having coached your previous NT is your main criteria, than all logic would dictate that the NT coach would have had success with that NT. If we look at this WCQ cycle and maybe even just go no further than 2014 South American NT coaches we have to choose:
    Tabarez (70+ yrs old)
    Sampaoli (already with Arg)
    Pizzi (already with Chile - but has not coached his NT)
    Ecuador (Rueda)
    Brazil (Scolari*turns 69 this year, Dunga, Tite- no way will he be leaving soon)
    Sabella
    Tata Martino
    Bauza

So out of all the choices based on your criteria (not choosing any other manager, aka Gareca, who has yet to prove he can take his team deeper than the bottom table), we have Dunga, Sabella, Tata and Bauza to choose from. Personally, with the exception of Tata and Sabella not a big fan of the other 2....

15. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Our best option es un entrenador con experiencia en torneos de Ping Pong, especialmente en finales

pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  16. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yo creo que hay que volver a nuestras raices:

[​IMG]

ryu79 and elviejomen repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am going to say this again.
    I would not be shocked if we find a way to lose to Venezuela but then beat Brazil (Like we did in the Copa America 2015.)

Though I also could see us winning both.

Furnaccio repped this.
  18. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wonder if Venezuelan coach will coach up u-20 team...

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  20. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Que lleve a Mexico a posiciones que generalmente no llega y pues si lo consideraria a la seleccion Col

Lo que ha conseguido hasta ahora con mex en la confederaciones is good... Nothing extraordinary but good

dapip repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Osorio in theory should be Crzd's #1 choice. He has never started the same staring 11 in all his matches with Mexico.
    He is always tinkering, always experimenting , always bringing in new faces.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  22. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but getting out of group stages with Mexico in a confederation group is a good result, plus the fact that they tied Portugal.
    Let's see how he does in the world cup.

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No shame in losing to Chile or Germany. The tied Portugal because of defensive fk ups. Def the better team that game

24. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What happened to the belgium ping pong racket?

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Saw Highlights of the Pogba friends' vs. Cuadrado friend match and of course a lot of the run of play has to be taken with a grain of salt since it is a charity type thing and not serious.

However....
    ... the most interesting things of the night for me were:
    1) Cuadrado and Zuniga hooked up on the right side for a nice goal. (I miss seeing silky smooth play on the right side like that.)
    2) Ospina took a nice Free Kick and hit the post. Would be cool to see him do that in a real match.
    3) Bacca is completely in a bad groove. You know things are not going well for him when he misses a bunch of wide open chances in a charity match. Crazy.