Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tener problemas futbolisticos y de juego no es equivalente a tener una mala mentalidad.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Going into a game with too much respect or not playing until a team scores on you has been a problem for colombia always. Pekerman hasn't fixed it. Colombia is where it is because of James not Pekerman he was the real game changer

3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Going into a game with too much respect has been the problem for the typical Colombian coach who if the other team is considered big comes out to "control" and then try to score a goal ...
    Or wait if they tie against Bolivia they will celebrate like they just won the world cup (pinto)

Back in 2010 we still played with 2 defensive mids one mixto and a #10 more conservative than that would mean us playing cattenacio.
    It was pathetic and sad to be honest....

Your boy Rueda played to "control" France with Ecuador when he needed a win. Yeah they got disqualified but at least they got a tie... Fking typical Colombian coach mentality...

I seen Pekerman going all out when shit is not working

Ps
    This exact same team will underperform with your typical Colombian coach....
    Just like the 94 team

I'm tired of their bs, I seen it way to many times
    With Pekerman you can complain all your want, but his numbers speak for him, he don't have to give you a long ass explanation why his team underperform like Maturana or every other Colombian coach....

Ppl in Colombia and specially you were bitching about Pekerman at the beginning of the qualifiers because we were struggling and guess what ? He is getting us in... No excuses or anything (when he had to transition from the last qualifiers team)

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Brasil match that we won in copa america was an example.......

elviejomen repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is why Pekerman gets so much love. 80% of our recent preformqnes is down to him

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    With leonel and james we werent able to win a match at home for example.

dapip and elviejomen repped this.
  7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James no defiende, that's 50% right there...

Your ignorance is like the wine, it just gets better with time

dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So we won every single game at home with Pekerman? Leonel had 3 games a win, tie and lost.... people fking make him sound like 2006 Maturana

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    almost all.

only one defeat and 3 draws.

The rest only victories.

As well the performance as visitor have been the best in our history

victories in chile, paraguay, lima, quito, la paz....not all with james,

Leonel benched falcao when he was in atletico best moment....he was in the road of maturana.

Azucarero, dapip and Cruzifero repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman benched Bacca and Jackson when they were scoring 30+ a season and Falcao could barely walk started.

I am not saying Pekerman isn't better then Leonel. But I think 80% of his success is down to James bailing out of shit situations. I def don't think Pekerman is irreplaceable. Or getting Rueda would be a huge downgrade. We have hit our ceiling with Pekerman and need to go to the next coach. I wouldn't be so against any of his assistants if they had even coached our youth teams but our stupid Fed made that idiot Picis coach and wouldn't fire him regardless of results.

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nobody say is irreplaceable, but he is an upgrade of what we have had in the last 20 years. Even Rueda

I Still remember how bad rueda managed the matches agaisnt chile and paraguay at home. How he wasnt able to keep the draw in montevideo.

kromekote and dapip repped this.
  12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So if you plan to get rid of Pekerman one year before of the World Cup, who would you like to get? Don't consider costs or availability. Who do you think is a good fit to this team and will take us to at least another Quarterfinal?

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I partially agree with Crzd with regards to team mentality and tactics. We do need to be more aggressive and take charge of games from the opening whistle.

I think We all can agree the team has underachieved and under performed in 2015-16 copa americas. At the end of the day there is no asterisk that will say "colombia didn't follow up on their 2014 World Cup run Bc of injuries and form for several players at the club level". The results speak for themselves.

In the wcq - we have been grinding out results and we are in a good place. We have yet to really get into 4th-5th gear like Brazil has for example in the wcq's.

Should we replace pekerman? I would probably say not. Does he need to fine tune and improve tactics....absolutely.

He doesn't just need to find the best/right starting 11; he needs to have a starting 23 because there will be games when roca sanchez, cuadrado, whomever need to sit or are injured.

Just look at Germany in 2014 - they went through a handful of lineups in their quest to win a World Cup.

krass repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colective and tactical problems arent the same that mental problems.

Did Colombia underachieved in copa america 2016?? i dont think so, Was third and we werent better than chile and argentina.

Our star was sub in his club in spain, we were rehearsing left backs, sanchez was sub in england. Perez and Torres didnt have international experience.

In copa america 2015 the big part of our starters were bench in his clubs (armero, zuñiga, falcao, cuadrado, sanchez and valencia (?) ). Under achievements or bad moment??

ps: before you all say taht we lost because falcao. Bacca and jackson were starters in matches and they suffered because the lack of creation.

kromekote repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's Pekermans fault man. You are like our dudes are subs. They shouldn't get called

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So are you going to stop calling james, sanchez, cuadrado, ospina because they are subs and called the super starters of FPC vladimir hernandez, gordillo, jown cardoba and andres perez

Because players are in a bad moment that doesnt mean they are our best player and more useful than mediocre players starters in mexico and fpc.

We cant desist of our best players just because they are having a bad moment in his clubs.....zidane isnt our coach

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    With certain players I agree - no club playing time, no national team playing time.

With players like james, cuadrado, Cardona, roca, Ospina, mina, Zapata - outside of being on trial for murder - they always need to be starting. Falcao in CA 2015 - mistake to start him; now he's in good form and health so he is a must start now

I just want us to be more prepared for the World Cup. Last World Cup cycle at this time, I was feeling really good about the results and roster. Not as much right now

2015 CA - underachieved and lack of preparation was evident

2016 CA - despite getting 3rd place we struggled against teams like Peru and Paraguay; US was clearly less talented; against chile we couldn't even put up a fight - to me there's nothing to be impressed with how we played except that we have becoming a team that grinds for a result. I think we have the roster to do more and win more convincingly.

dapip repped this.
  19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Some players' level will suffer if they are benched at their clubs; some players will almost always play well with the NT regardless of club performance. Some players are in Europe because promise and never pan out, some others are in Mexico or Brazil because they are not glamorous enough for Europe.

At the end, it is up to the coach to assemble a good team, and some pieces will look less than ideal on paper, will work well, while others that look very promising will flunk in real game situations. Furthermore, some positions will be weak and low on options, regardless of what we try. I'm looking at you Armero, Diaz and Fabra.

You didn't answer who you think will be the ideal coach for Colombia? What will he do better than Pekerman? Most of us will concede that Colombia has not played well for most of these qualifiers, but grinding out results and finding points is essential in Conmebol qualifiers; all teams can beat you on a given day and the process is so long that suspensions, injuries and drops of form are crucial.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James and Ospina are irreplaceable. Handicapped call them. Especially Ospina unless Armani accepts our call up.

When Falcao was bad form and couldn't run, stop a ball or sneeze why was he being rushed back to the team? Bacca and Jackson were in fire.

Abel.... dude isn't a starter for Cali why the fk is he on the NT. I don't care about the Uruguay goal. Sanchez doesn't start for fking Aston villa then why the fk does he start for us!!! Maybe if he had more minutes he would make some fking passes

Also Zapata not a starter for Milan. Shouldn't be a starter for us. We have a very healthy competition for those 2 spots.Zapata isn't Yepes!!!

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good points

I know you and I disagree about roca sanchez - I think he is vital. I know I can't convince you otherwise so let's agree that we disagree ;)

Zapata - he is our most experienced CB and is a must start and defensive leader until Mina gets 25+ caps for NT; zapata hasn't done anything wrong since the Paraguay game (in the 14 wcq's) where he got a red early in the game.

Abel - I don't have an answer here. You got me LOL

I agree with you about falcao/bacca in 2015. Ironically, bacca is the one who has fallen down the pecking order over the past year.

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. Agreed.

2. Jackson and Bacca had almost 3 years to prove themselves and neither was able to win a place in the starting lineup. Bacca was benched at Milan and Jackson ended up in China.

3. Abel offers something that few players can do in Pekerman's system. He is a very effective 8 and compliments the offense very well.

4. Florentina. And yes he started most of the season, although he ended up playing as a CB.

5. For a CB duo, experience is essential. Since Yepes retired, Zapata is our more experienced CB, and he was the starter for Milan.

Again, who is your ideal coach?

Hovaaa and Azucarero repped this.
  23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't have an ideal coach but after 2018 we need a new one. Team has only degressed and greatly.

Time for new players and new ideas

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who? Who are the new players? Who are the coaches that will bring the ideas? Seriously, name a few, otherwise you are just doing this for the sake of criticism...

colombianballa91 and Azucarero repped this.
  25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look man I don't run the NT or the federation. Thats for those people to decide. How many clubs and other NTs are there? Pekerman isn't the only coach in the world. I don't know many some of the older posters here are just traumatized because all they have Know was Maturana, Bolillo..... few random shit dudes, Maturana again, Bolillo again..... God shined on us and Bolilo punched some chick and finally got kicked the FK out.

Criticizing a losing team is valid. You are acting like this is 2012 when we were just handing everyone their asses. Its not its 5 years later and we play like shit but in some sort of great irony even playing like shit James, Cardona, Mina have bailed us out of it. Unlike when Bolillo was coach we played well have 90 shots at goal and 0 goals haha.

Do you guys think we are special because we been 5th place in the FIFA ratings for like 3 years? well Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil are better then us..... Thats 4. Germany, Spain, France are defiantly better then us. That is 7.... that aren't arguably better they are better.