Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Let's be serious guys Rueda? Osorio? Ecuador chocked under Rueda in the world cup and Osorio lack experience.
    We need Bielsa an experienced coach who is proven to put a team to play a team above their lvl. I know after 4 years shit will turn bad with Bielsa most likely but for the first 4 everything is nice.
    Also you guys have to consider the locker room, we have a bunch of egos to control there, Pekerman have as much experience than Bielsa, if you put somebody like Osorio or Rueda, they are going to get eaten alive by James or Cuadrado who most likely control that locker room

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In a perfect world someone like Bielsa steps in.
    But knowing our Federation...

3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman salary was higher than Bielsa if I'm not mistaken. However the biggest issue at the time when we contacted Bielsa was the infrastructure, I believe that the infraestructure now + the national team process is way better than that first time we approached Bielsa. I see it now as something feasible

4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Ugggh....so glad Bielsa is no millenial otherwise he would just watch his name trend every time a club or NT is doing poorly and everyone says "Bielsa will fix it". Folks, if the Rueda bar is too low, *cough cough*, than shoot higher than Bielsa. Bielsa couldnt win a WC with one of the best Argentina sides put together. Bielsa quits most of his gigs and has an ego bigger than our NT. He doesnt work with the youth system and expects every single tool at his whim. Not saying he's not a capable asset but holy crap, this guy gets more savior medals than the actual pope.

Realistically, I mention Rueda because of the following:
    1. he has something to prove. Never given a full chance from FCF and let go unfairly despite the fact that despite a piss poor start to the WCQ campaign and given zero chances, he almost qualified our NT --but more importantly that Colombian NT played very well.
    2. he has won a Copa Libertadores (Maturana ruled the NT decisions for 15 years based on that sole accolade)
    3. he has taken 2 other teams to the WC
    4. he knows +/- of the "Colombian player"
    5. he works well to develop youth players
    6. his teams are usually very well balanced and tactically prepared
    7. doesn't have the huge ego

OF COURSE, like many, the talk of Bielsa, Simeone, fill in hottest coach name"__________" , can sound attractive but what I LOVED about Pekerman is he had a legacy and purpose. It made sense to most of us based on his past success and his connection with the country. The FCF had actually thought this thru! And it's why I feel it paid off.

5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    They're ready to pull the trigger because they're always ready to pull the trigger. For better or worse, he has them in a good spot for qualifying so he's not going anywhere though.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am just saying that World Cup 2018 is not a given for Osorio with what he has to prepare for in June.
    It could turn out to be a factor as Crzd claims, but first things first.
    Mexico could go undefeated against Honduras, USA and all those Confederation teams and still be ready to fire Osorio at the first sign of failure. Just the way they work.

7. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Rueda es hoy por hoy el mejor tecnico colombiano.

Pero Rueda no debe ser el tecnico para la selección después de Rusia.

Los argumentos se pueden resumir en lo siguiente: Rueda es un tecnico que es capaz de llenar expectativas. Punto

Me explico, si a Rueda le dan para dirigir a Brasil y juega contra Paraguay, lo logico (la expectativa) es que Brasil le gane por 3 goles de diferencia a Paraguay.
    Con Rueda Brasil le ganaría por 3 goles de diferencia a Brasil. En ese mismo caso hipotetico fuese Rueda el tecnico de Paraguay, entoces Paraguay igual perdería por 3 goles con Brasil.

Colombia necesitará para las proximas eliminatorias a un tecnico que sea capaz de con menos hacer más. Ese no es Rueda.

8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Disagree based on your argument. In fact, I would say that Rueda's BEST attribute is he makes lemons out of lemonade. Ecuador and Honduras doesnt have the talent pool Colombia has yet he took them comfortably into the WC. He's a tactician.

HOWEVER, if your case is that Rueda may not be capable of taking us past QF stages, than you have a case because based on his previous WC campaigns, his biggest downfall has been his defensive stance and seems to reach his plateau at that point. In that case, yes, a DT with more 'pedigree' and offensive stance would make sense.

pepinointer repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Other then youth level how is Pekermans record better then Rueda? Copa Lib, almost qualified with our shit 2006 squad after being 8 points behind 5th place, didn't he also qualify 1st with Honduras? Qualified Ecuador with a crap squad as well. Guy doesn't get enough credit

Osorio is good but his roster changes are weird and annoying. Why have 3 starting Gks.

10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rueda salio por el empate frente a Francia Cuando necesitaba Los 3 puntos... This is Colombian coach mentality all over again, no thank you

Y la clasificacion Al mundial fue por Los puntos en casa. Cosa que Ecuador nos tiene acostumbrado, nada del otro mundo.

pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    pues cosa no tan simple por que con esa misma ventaja, Ecuador tiene un pie afuera.

Yo no digo que Rueda sea el primer/mejor candidato. Pero tampoco que se pongan a ilusionarse con nombres que tampoco han triunfado a lo max con ninguna selección (nombres como Gareca, Gallardo, etc) por que tampoco que por ser Argentinos son cracks de DT y a ponerlos a manejar nuestra selección es mucho premio.

También sin poner mucho ego, rogarle a un Bielsa(y pagar una millonaria) no garantiza nada. Y los nombres de DT mas 'grandes' tampoco van a venir tan fácil a Colombia por que son muchas las cosas que nuestro país todavia tiene en contra, sea verdad o puro humo.

Entonces, regresamos a lo mismo. O los mejores "mediocres" Colombianos como calificas practicamente a los Rueda/Osorio, o hacemos un experimento con un DT Argentino que de pronto se a ganado algo al nivel local.

krass repped this.
  12. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El unico que se me ocurrio por ahi fue Bielsa de resto no he dicho otro nombre, Gareca I dunno...

Ahora pensando alguien en mi opinion que seria muy bueno que venga es Vicente del Bosque. El tipo lo ha ganando de todo, ha manejando todo tipo de jugadores, Colombia tradicionalmente juega a pase corto similar a lo que el esta acostumbrado Cuando dirigio en España (guardando Las proporciones obviamente)
    Vicente es inteligente aprobechando lo que ya hay osea no cambiara el proceso de Pekerman que es muy bueno
    Y pues aunque hay una diferencia de salario, tampoco es tan astronomica
    Salarios
    Vicente del Bosque 5.5
    Pekerman 4.3

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Bueno yo hablaba de recambio mas por que Pekerman no esta de Spring Chicken. VDB es us contemporario y a cumplir un ciclo de calificacion es de 5 anos minimo si empezamos de este ano o sea que ya esta a los 70+ anos para el proximo mundial.
    Pero si me sorprende que no halla Tanta diferencia dineral con un DT que se gano un mundial y 2 copa confederaciones.

14. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Es verdad son contemporaneos, no pense en eso y no se si Vicente va de nuevo pa esos trotes.
    El salario de Pekerman era el 2ndo o 3ro mas alto de sur America y con Todo el dinero que ha generado la seleccion eso termino mas como una inversion que un gasto. Estaba leyendo por ahi que la seleccion Paso de tener un patrocinador a 15.
    http://www.semana.com/economia/articulo/el-negocio-de-la-seleccion-colombia/425280-3
    la primera categoría hacen parte Águila y Coca-Cola; de la segunda, Movistar, Home Center, Chevrolet y Bancolombia; y de la tercera, Caracol Televisión, Adidas, Golty, Avianca, Allianz y Servientrega

En mi opinion, la seleccion no necesita tanta tactica, sino un man que continue con el proceso pero que infunda respeto y tenga un resume de prestigio, un man que haya ganado vainas importantes no que le haya Ido Bien con x o y equipo o sea interesante....
    Y hago enfasis en ganar vainas importantes porque lo que mas hay que trabajar es el cambio de mentalidad. Ironicamente antes de Vicente del Bosque españa llegana a 8vos de final y se desinflaba, de la mano de Vicente lograron su potencial, especialmente el cambio de mentalidad.

Hay otro punto estos jugadores tienen prestigio, y el tecnico para manejar ese vestuario tiene que tener cartel, o nadie le va a creer el cuento. No es lo mismo que Rueda dirija a James Rodriguez a que Vicente del Bosque lo haga...

krass and kromekote repped this.
  15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    De acuerdo. Me imagino por eso Sampaoli es tan popular. Y Eso de in DT que sabe manejar el vestuario si tiene Mucha importancia.

elviejomen repped this.
  16. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Exacto... necesitamos a un man que sea capaz de llevarnos a niveles más altos de lo que se espera e incluso podemos dar

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman no ha dirigido libertadores.

A nivel de selecciones pekerman tiene mejor record.

elviejomen repped this.
  18. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think we should crucify Rueda for his mistakes at the 2014 world cup. I would chalk it up as a learning experience.

Imagine if Colombia didn't hire Pekerman because of his lack of success in the Mexican league.

pibe10 repped this.
  19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He also had Honduras!!!! You guys are making it seem like he failed with Germany. Didn't Honduras finish first in concacaf with Rueda? They were insanely impressive in qualifiers. My issue with Rueda is late subs but Pekerman is insanely annoying with subs too.

For foreign coaches I just don't see any good ones who would come here

Perus coach or Argentina/Paraguays old coach but don't think ether are better then Rueda. And again Osorio WC campaign also will decide if he gets the job. He gets into the final 8

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gallardo con la poca experiencia que tiene ya ha ganado mucho mas que varios seleccionadores de sudamerica...que por ejemplo osorio.....

dapip and kromekote repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    No.

pepinointer repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pepinointer repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #824 HomietheClown, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    That would be interesting. They need to prepare for the Confederations against Chile. So might as well play another South American team.

IT will be good for us to see how we match-up against the African Champions and their style of play.

dapip repped this.
  24. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was looking forward for the Portugal game :(