Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why did Colombia have to play 2 asian teams if Brazil and Argentina didn’t?

They said they had to play 2 teams from the same confederation. Is that just the marketing company they used?

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Possibly.
    Or they were still waiting for the Asian Cup to be over still negotiating with Queiroz when the Europe teams and African teams available set up their friendlies.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not saying fire Our coach but Rueda will be available in 2 hours haha

Wow this team got old fast

US scored in like 3 minutes

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    in this moment im team queiroz and i trust in him.........but dont understand ruedas hurry in quit flamengo and take la roja.......all was given if he wait he would be the coach of colombia after the wc...

dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Is it crazy to say that maybe Colombia should play a 442 with a diamond shape midfield... And that maybe Morelos is still to young to start... And Duvan looks better when he's by himself or with a guy that will play as a second striker... I think they should try to play some more friendlies and give Morelos and Duvan a couple more starts.... I like Muriel speed but I think the guy should start scoring or drop in the order.... I'd like to see Borre get a start... Maybe Borre with Duvan and Morelos with Falcao... And then Morelos with Falcao....

And maybe try other holding mids...

And I'd like to see Geovanni Banguera get a chance too

6. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Holy Crap I've been gone too long!!!!! sorry everyone(not like many cared probably LOL)....

I have missed sooo much! It'll take time to read everything but happy to get back on track here.

Hope everyone is doing well!

sidspaceman, Froboy69 and Furnaccio repped this.
  7. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #3707 Bomb8, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Come back to tell us what it's like to read hundreds of crzd's posts in one day.

CalamityX18, Doogs, sidspaceman and 4 others repped this.
  8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Actually we had to play both games in Asia or only 5 hours away from Seoul.

Representative teams shall play the two matches within an international window on the territory of the same confederation, with the only exception of inter-continental play-off matches. If at least one of the two matches is a friendly, they can be played in two different confederations only if the distance between the venues does not exceed a total of five flight hours, according to the official schedule of the airline, and two time-zones

pepinointer repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Skimming through the Mina thread has made me wonder about the best contingency plan if he is not ready to go by June friendlies.

If it comes down to Tesillio, "the Murillo brothers", Bernardo, or Zapata I think I am going with Cristian. Even if he is on the bench the rest of the season I feel most confident with him next to Davinson.

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’ll probably get some flack for this but if Oscar Murillo stays healthy; I’m all for Davinson-Oscar

If Zapata can get in 5 full games of club matches between now and June, then I’m with zapata.

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    FLACK

Furnaccio repped this.
  12. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not happening. Not surprised.

pepinointer and sidspaceman repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Queiroz is just going to have to go to matches and watch for himself live in game scenarios.

I am sure if he gets in contact with the various clubs they will hook him up with some free tickets.

sidspaceman repped this.
  14. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yep. That's probably what he'll do. The thing is, they need to justify that money they are paying him. He should also go to Argentina, Mexico and even USA, there are players there that could be used and haven't been considered, I mean, Atuesta, Manotas, Mosquera Guardia, Quiñones, Cardona, Benedetti, Borré and Yeimar Andrade are players that have stuff that we are lacking.

I think that guys like Andrade, Atuesta, Manotas and Cardona should be on the roster just because we don't have a lot of in form options in those positions. We must stop that elitist thinking that only what's in Europe can be useful.

RafaLarios and sidspaceman repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I mentioned Yeimar Gomez Andrade (in another thread). In the one game I have seen of him (and bunch of highlights) I really do think he can be like a poor man's Davinson. And he also seems to bring a good header to the table like Mina offensively. Many shots on goal with his head from what I have seen on film.

The other guys I am not sure should be on the roster but I am not opposed to seeing what they can do in a large camp of players in June for the friendlies.

RafaLarios and sidspaceman repped this.
  16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    well you might as well add Quintero in that MLS group because he's a much bigger star in MLS than Atuesta and Manotas.

HomietheClown repped this.
  17. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #3717 Baal88, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Don't like that useless midget, he's already played for us and hasn't done shit.

Besides, Manotas and Atuesta are a lot younger, 8 and 10 years respectively, and they have a lot to learn from a coach like Queiroz, I can't say the same about Quintero, Who hasn't shown a lot of improvement in his game since he was 20.

Azucarero, pepinointer and crzdcolombian repped this.
  18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    So there's nobody else on the other 18 teams? Get outta here with that nonsense

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There aren't. Apparently only players from Nacional, Junior, Tolima and Cali are worth a damn.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why that shocking people....

Unless we move the NT to bogota maybe we can see Millos players then as well

21. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Which Millos player do you want in the NT crzd? They haven't got anything worth calling currently.

dapip and RafaLarios repped this.
  22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would like to see carillo...giving our lack of depth in that position...he have a lot of goal and creative.

and if rambal keep his level for a year he could be an option for the defense.

Duques level this season is bad.

I have hope with bertel and roman.....

RafaLarios repped this.
  23. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Which Nacional player do you want to see?

The way they are playing I don't even want to see them in Nacional!!!! :mad::(

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No one, but traditionally only players from the Big clubs get called and apparently the "best" fullbacks in the League are in Nacional

I like all of them, but with Pinto the first two have been on the bench most of the time, just in the last Month they have started playing, hopefully It lasts.

Carrillo is good, I've always liked his playing style, but he isn't overly physical and something Tells me that Queiroz Will only feel encouraged to play the double 5 after Japan's win and South Korea's defeat.

RafaLarios and HomietheClown repped this.
  25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown and Furnaccio repped this.