Colombian forum General World Cup thread [R]

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, Jun 14, 2018.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Panama down 2-0

2. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's hard to judge Belgium based on this game as but they still seem overrated.

Azucarero and crzdcolombian repped this.
  3. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Will Belgium make it 4-0?

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought Belgium was all of our 2nd team the way you guys have talked about them the past 5 years

It’s Colombia > Argentina >Belgium

jay luis repped this.
  5. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not sure I know what you mean. Belgium has great individual players but as a team they are not so great. But like I said, it's hard to judge because Panama is a bunch of amateurs.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Panama is not Iceland there players are pros.

7. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't mean that literally. But I'm sure Iceland is way better than Panama.

sidspaceman repped this.
  8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nobody knows

Azucarero and Bomb8 repped this.
  9. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I got this from google translator but I still don't get it:

”Pensé que Bélgica era todo nuestro segundo equipo de la forma en que ustedes han hablado de ellos en los últimos 5 años

Es Colombia> Argentina> Bélgica”

sidspaceman repped this.
  10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    England managed to steal the 3 points. But I've come to understand that many weren't impressed by them. I need to watch the game and see how it went.

sidspaceman repped this.
  11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Wow, Tunisia gave an interesting match. They were unlucky to give up that minute goal.

sidspaceman repped this.
  12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    England controlled that game. Tunisia played really strong but basically parked the bus in the 2nd half. England looks solid but it's too early to tell. Let's see how they play against a team like Belgium.

sidspaceman repped this.
  13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    England have no one who can relieve pressure and change the pace of the game in midfield. Tunisia made a mistake giving them too much space and playing to spaced out vs them in the first half, and it played right into England's hands and they were allowed to create some really good chances at the beginning pressing and getting turnover high up the field with the Tunisian defense disorganized. If you sit deep and let them have the ball and force them to play through their CM's they are screwed, their 2 CB's are actually better at taking the ball out Maguire/Stones take them away and force them through the middle then press their CM's and they'll turn it over. If I'm designing that system I play 4-2-2-2 with Muriel and Borja up front and Cuadrado and James behind with Uribe/Sanchez. Go 2 v 2 and Sanchez in front with the strikers and have Borja and Muriel in a pivot taking away the CB's from playing out with the ball, push our FB's up to their wingbacks and then leave the 3 remaining sagging off to have the CM's to come deep to receive the ball then press the hell out of them.

If they beat that or play out you then drop deep and compact and leave 2 forwards high up the field, they can't break down a compact deep lieing defense since they have no one who can dribble or unlock an organized defense and I'd be happy letting them cross into Mina/Davison vs Kane and then breaking out fast. As a team they are most comfortable pressing without the ball or countering. England players don't have patience and aren't super intelligent, lure them into mistakes and although they're talented they don't have anyone who can break lines in midfield.

Doogs and sidspaceman repped this.
  14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    honestly so bored to death of everyone saying so much over Belgium, they are and pretty much always been such an average mediocre team, England are another incredibly bland team but they have more jerarquia than Belgium do, thats why I've always preferred to face Belgium in a hypothetical round of 16 match.

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sidspaceman repped this.
  18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wow I just saw Poland lost to Senegal! right now Japan and Senegal lead the group when everyone thought it'd be us and Poland.

im in such a weird mood over this game, its just so bizarre.

sidspaceman repped this.
  19. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but let's be honest: Poland with their best squad never looked impressive in their friendlies.

sidspaceman repped this.
  20. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know I saw them myself and they looked really average, very poor in defense.

I think im kind of heartbroken right now, would have been happy with a draw given the circumstances. I don't even know what i'd feel if we were to get eliminated in the 1st round.

sidspaceman repped this.
  21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look here's of what's going to happen quite likely:

We're going to earn a solid win with poland; I know this for a fact because the team (as well as Pekerman) understands that we cannot afford to BS or try using a squad that isn't our very best. We will go all out against Poland because we have to if we're to have any hope of making it out of the group stage and onto the next round.

Next, regardless of how Japan and Senegal results, there will be at least one team that has more points than us even if it's a draw and they only get 1 point each.

That being said, if Senegal is as good as people have been backing them up to be, they'll have no issue beating a Japanese side that even had trouble against us despite having an advantage like they did for more than 80 minutes.

With that, and if we do actually continue getting our shit together and face Senegal with a strong mindset and actually win, we're likely to top the group or at least get out even if Japan somehow beats Poland.

GD will be a factor and luckily for us, we only lost by a single goal.

The team will be more moviated than ever to hold nothing back and focus on getting these 6 points that are still up for grabs when we face Poland and Senegal.

sidspaceman, Doogs and Furnaccio repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im worried about individual mistakes, that is what cost us today. Oscar Murillo cannot start again, either Mina or Zapata is fine.

on a side note, south american teams have done pretty bad so far. Only team that won was Uruguay. Brazil drew, Argentina drew, Peru lost and We lost too.

23. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Any updates on James? I am going to be super pissed if he played and it only worsen for him.

sidspaceman repped this.
  24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Yea, I'm very worried... not a good feeling being on this end of the spectrum

But winning both games seems like the best to feel 75% safe.

What's scary that it is possible that even with 6 pts, we could be in a 3 way tie for 6 pts(mathematically possible) and then pray to the high heavens that GD helps us.

Vs Poland, we need that 3.

Japan vs Senegal, I'm trying to wrap my head how I want this result to be.

Assuming, we get 3,
    Japan at 6?
    Japan & Senegal at 4?
    Senegal at 6?

We control our fate with Senegal and Japan vs Poland. Poland hopefully doesn't quit and tries for the win or at least ties.

Idk guys & gals... I think you can argue for either result.

sidspaceman repped this.