Colombia vs, Uruguay (Eliminatorias Rusia 2018)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by HomietheClown, Oct 7, 2016.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Macnelly has been horrendous. Both in offense and defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    4 points better than 3

Hard fought game and without James. I feel good heading into November

lvbeto and Azucarero repped this.
  4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    We all wanted a win today. We should have won. But a tie after being down is a good bargain. And 4/6 points is a good deal.

Mina was a boss.

dapip, J-Mezzy, pibe10 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well fought game. the team showed heart to come back and tie it. Tough opponent.

Azucarero repped this.
  6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Now more then ever I hope Macnelly's value is seen: he's a great partner for James, besides that he's nothing. He's less than Bernardo Redin

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There was a moment right after we scored. Cardona has the ball in their half and sees Suarez on the ground on the opposite side of the field (clearly faking injury to kill time). Cardona does the sportsman thing and kicks it out of bounds so that Suarez can be resuscitated.

I know it probably amounts to nothing because at that point Uruguay was giving us possession at will and defending...but am i the only one that thinks if the tables were turned and Suarez had the ball and saw Cardona on the ground he'd play for the advantage and go for the jugular?

Only saw the last 20ms when i got home from work, but i freaking hate when we play in rain - never seems to go well for us. And such a shame so many of our chances in second half went straight to their keepers hands. I was impressed how they took the game on to tie, great attitude.

dapip, HomietheClown and kromekote repped this.
  8. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you watch the first 60 minutes or so, be ready for some irritating moments, Ryu. You've been warned.

Once the ball was near Uruguay's box, its like our attackers always picked the wrong guy to pass to next. From my point of view its obvious who should get the ball. Its like they were trying to do too much and ended up losing possession. Plus the timing on when they passed was also horrible. All three Cuadrado, McNelly, Muriel. Poor Bacca looked lost and alone out there.

But 4/6. I'll take it.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cuadrado needs to dive way less!!!

Should have had a PK in the 2nd half for a hand ball but we shouldn't have played like little itches trying to hold a 1-0 win at home.

We tied because Mina showed heart. Started the play that lead to the 2nd goal and finished it. New Yepes or black Yepes or New Black Yepes!

10. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #85 Baal88, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Después del gol de Uruguay este equipo parecía dirigido por Lara. Muriel muerto, Carnelly muerto, Bacca Muerto, Cuadrado impreciso, Arias horrible, Murillo horrible. Ospina 2 tiros 2 goles. Salvables para mi Mina, Aguilar por el gol, pero estuvo mal. Sanchez mal.

A mi me pareció muy decepcionante el juego tras el gol de Uruguay, comimos de presión y los uruguayos en bola parada son el mejor equipo del mundo y acá las guevas de Arias y Díaz dando papaya.

Ojalá Falcao y James puedan estar en el próximo partido, necesitamos efectividad y creatividad, sin James no pasamos del top 40.

kromekote repped this.
  11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    la lluvia no ayudo pero muy despacio el ataque Colombiano. Mc20 muy nervioso. Y Diaz se jugo su peor partido también. Arias mete muchas ganas pero le falta esa puiqardia y velocidad que tenia un Armero y defiende siempre as su espalda. Cuadrado tiene mucho quiebre y siempre en el piso PERO también NADIE se le mueve al espacio para recibir un pase o asociarce con una pared. Se canso de tanto regalarle el balon a Mc20 pare que después la pierda. Ese Suarez si es mucho crack por mucho que no me gusta por 'persona'. Necesita 1 limpia y pum, no perdona. Bueno, 4 puntos sin James. Jugamos 2 partidos bravisimos y nos esperan otros 2 durisimos también en Noviembre.

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Absolutely he would. He's the guy who used his hands to block a goal. Honestly, I'm happy Cardona didn't sink to that level.

dapip repped this.
  13. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Most of the time id agree, but if its Suarez on the pitch, im going...

pepinointer repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Murillo was very good except for the goal. Bacca was bad, Macnelly atrocious and Muriel bad. Aguilar was good as was Carlos Sanchez. We did have a very poor stretch though after the goal but I think its harsh to compare it to Lara teams

15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    We really struggled to break them down effectively without James. Cuadrado does the same things over and over and turns the ball over diving and dribbling in really dangerous positions all the time. I don't understand Cuadrado, I don't get how coaches don't tweak a couple things and make him much more effective, everyone knows what he tries to do and he wastes posession way to much and dives waaaaay to much.

Macnelly was terrible, the conditions didn't help us, it made the game slow down and cooled the temperature which was an advantage for Uruguay.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have shit mentality. We went up after 15 minutes then wanted to hold the result. Ospina and Mina saved us today. We got lucky. Only positive after these 2 games is Mina. I never liked Carlos Sanchez because when ever I watch him play he plays like today. Shit passing and a crappy 3rd CB. He was totally awesome against Paraguay tho total beast like he is for club. Maybe its what Pekerman tells him but his passing and attacking at Villa & Fiorentina are 1000x better then for Colombia

We need better wingbacks and 1 DM that can pass the ball. Hopefully in November we have Falcao, James and Dani Torres back. Also Oscar Murillo shouldn't be starting over Jesion Murillo. Not knocking him for the goals because its not easy to mark Suarez.

Please no more Macnelly ever !!!

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Ummm no his passing at Villa was atrocious and his passing for Colombia was much better, which to be honest isn't saying much. Since 2014 his passing has been bad.

18. Big Football

Big Football Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Some beach in Florida,
    Club:
    Deportes Tolima
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Empatar en casa nunca es bueno...pero esta vez no me quejo ya que los otros resultados nos ayudaron a no perder terreno :geek:, y sobretodo de la forma que jugamos y contra Uruguay, me la paso.

dapip and Azucarero repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #94 HomietheClown, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    The Good:
    Abel scored. And Mina scored. I can't remember the last time we scored two headers in a game. And one on a corner against--- Uruguay????? I never thought that would ever happen.

The Bad: We fell into the trap that I loath and despise. Uruguay wanted this to be a scrappy, physical , grind it out sort of game and our players fell for their antics and gave up stupid tiro libres.

I hate to throw players under the bus but Bacca and Cuadrado are really starting to get on my nerves. They both seem to be tossed around like rag dolls and fell to the ground way too easily. They are not going to get calls like that in Qualifying. And They need to keep on their feet and fight for positioning.

The Ugly: I knew as soon as the rain started to pour that it was going to be a long day. We almost never play well in the rain of Barranquilla and the field conditions were absolutely atrocious. Our style of game just does not mesh with that sloppy field especially against a team that would rather play rugby than futbol.
    It all added up for positive result recipe for Uruguay.

dapip repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sanchez is a beast.
    I know people seem to complain about his passing not being crisp all the time but whenever there is a 50-50 ball in the air and he jumps up to get it...
    ...he usually is the one who gets it. And I love that.

Azucarero repped this.
  21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not the prettiest games, but I'll take the point. I wanted at least 4 before the game vs. Paraguay because I though we'll have trouble in Asuncion, so I won't compain even that I still think we could've take all the six, especially when Argentina already lost twice at home to NT like Ecuador & Paraguay.

Honestly, I can't criticize too much regarding the match, besides the rain. I mean, the lineup was good. We scored an early goal. Maybe our mistake was that we didn't continue to press them, but then again, the rain is the worst thing for a technical teams like Colombia and the best thing for teams like Uruguay in away match. Then they scored a goal from inexist free kick (watch again Diaz's foul, it was clearly on the ball). We were basically 70 minutes on the pitch but we failed mostly in the last play and the shots also, especially because of the weather. Uruguay didn't do much, just took advantage of their only two good chances. So it was more of a bad day in the office for us then our current form. I wouldn't take it too much seriously.

The only decision that I cna't agree with Pekerman is to put Bacca as a lone striker. It's just not working and I hope he'll change it vs. Chile. It's gonna be another direct match on 6 points and if we lose points again at home, we'll be in trouble.

As for Pitana, the guy handed Uruguay a point by giving them an inexist free kick (first goal) and didn't gave us a clear penalty (Godin's hand).

dapip and Azucarero repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am about ready to give up on Bacca and want to see what Falcao can do again. Assuming he finally can stay healthy and is cleared to play which is always a crapshoot.

dapip repped this.
  23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think we should play with Mina instead of Bacca upfront.

pibe10 and Azucarero repped this.
  24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bittersweet game. I think Pekerman did the right thing and his tactics were appropiate, except for three things (that off course he cannot foresee):

1. The weather. It really helped Uruguay and made more difficult for Colombia to control the game.
    2. Cuadrado. He is a good player but he cannot be focus of our offense; he kills the momentum and his unpredictability works against us. I think ryu was complaining that people does not move to create passing lines for him, the problem is that 80% of the time he does not pass, he goes for one more dribble and Uruguay immediately sent two men his way, knowing that he will not pass and his passing is not the best.
    3. Bacca. Seriously, he is crap in yellow. Yeah he made a nice pass to Cuadrado but that's about it. He touches the ball 10 times, he might make something happen once or twice, the rest of the time he loses the ball in silly ways. I don't think Roger is the answer either. I'd like to see Cordoba o Zapata, hopefully Falcao in good form.

At the end of the day, we got a point and there are many positives: Cardona is performing very well as the super sub and in big part thanks to him we are in 4th position, Mina and Murillo look solid, Sanchez and Abel look like they were back in 2014. Hopefully we get 4 or 6 points in November.

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude it's the MF!!!

Macnelly only shows up maybe for 5 minutes a game. Playing him is already playing with 10 guys. Sanchez can't pass for shit. Why not just play with 3 CBs basically what he is any way. He offensive contribution is -10. Abel great header but still not in top form. Cuadrado is out there dancing and diving like a little itch!!!!

We need to play friendlies and get a top MF. Fine we didn't have our 2 starters in Torres and James but still our MF in both games looked like Bolillo was coaching us. In half time was real happy when he put in Cardona thought it was for Macnelly. As did the announcers. It was for Muriel..... come on man!!! Macnelly is garbage against a good team or with any pressure on him.

Defense think it's unfair to crap on Diaz or Murillo for getting destroyed by Suarez. The media must not watch the Spanish league as Suarez is probably the best Foward in the world.

We need friendlies against a top team that is good in the air. I am tired of us getting scored on during free kicks.

<3 <3 Mina been asking for him to play for a while. Total beast. Tho I prefer Jesion over Oscar. He just plays against better players every week. Not Oscars best game but then again look who he was marking.