Colombia Vs Paraguay

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Flipmode2000, Sep 30, 2016.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Great win guys, still dreaming on Russian babes ;)

My points on the match:

The good
    1. Pekerman did a brilliant decision with the tactical standing on the pitch. The Paraguayan barely created clear chances, weren't in control during the match (maybe only 15 minutes in the 2nd half) and couldn't pass our defenders (including the defensive midfielders). No doubt, great decision by Pekerman, also to choose the players for the mission.

2. Playing without our max figure. Brazil can't play without Neymar, Argentina can't play without Messi. We once again showed that we CAN play without James. sure he is a wonderful player and we need him, but we don't depend on him and that a great news for us.

3. Yerry Mina & Carlos Sanchez. For me the Men of the match. They did an amazing job by breaking every chance of Paraguay to create something. It was really a high-performance defensive show by the whole team and these men led it. Honestly, I want to continue with Mina-Oscar instead of Jeison-Oscar. And La Roca? What can we say? we never had a defensive midfielder so tough since Leonel ;)

4 The return of Abel Aguilar. I must say that I didn't think he should be called, I still think that he was our less good player of the team, but he did a decent job next to Barrios and Sanchez and justify his call up. Just for the record, i think that he is an extremely important player for us, but he lost his rhythm after the WC due to an injury and didn't find the way to comeback. Hopefully this match will help him.

The bad
    1. Also Pekerman. Yes, he planned the match in a good way. In the first half. After that he should've see that this Paraguayan team is beatable and should made subs much earlier. This time the luck was on our side, but usually 14 minutes are not enoughto decide a game. Cardona and another offensive player (for me is was Roger for Bacca) should enter much earlier, around minute 60. Instead he decided to keep the draw by putting Mejia in and when he gave Cardona a chance, he took Muriel out. Vs. Paraguay yesterday we could also play with two DM's in my opinion. So yes we won, but because of Pekerman's fault, we almost missed a win in a game that we could've finish much earlier. He thought how to draw first and I hope this mentality will change in the future. We are Colombia, we are capable to beat any team in the world.

2. Bacca. It's just doesn't look good. By the way, I think the assist yesterday saved his spot for Uruguay's match because yesterday was another weak performance. He didn't do nothing, beside another horrible miss. To his defense, yesterday we were short of creative midfielders to pass him balls, but in general he doesn't look good with Colombia as a lone striker, unlike in Milan. Maybe he needs Teo or Falcao next to him, so he'll have more freedom because he struggles vs. tough defenders.

** I vote for moving our home match from Barranquilla to Asunsion :p **

dapip, krass, Furnaccio and 5 others repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    One of the only things he did well was the pass to set up Cardona for his goal.
    It is frustrating to see him in such a funk, especially since he looked so darn good against Ecuador in March.
    That said, hopefully he can score an early goal against Uruguay and get his groove back. Cause when he is scoring he seems to do it in bunches.

dapip repped this.