Colombia vs Paraguay Copa America 2019 (JUN 23rd)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He’s referring to a few plays where a pass was made into space about 20 yards downfield and Diaz made these great runs to get to the ball. I loved it and hope to see more of it but with some lethal shots on goal as time goes on.

It was like shades of Cuadrado 2013 - flashes of brilliance and the pressure on the defense was there

2. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Unpopular opinion here, but I've liked Cuadrado... yes he has lots to improve, and he gives the ball too often, but he keeps the opposition busy.

Falcao has done lots of work, good work, even if he has not scored he has recovered the ball quite a bit of times and put pressure on the opposition defending, and kept defenders busy with nice movement.

And my last and probably most unpopular opinion ... I don't like Diaz; It seems he always makes the worst decision to finish the play. Doesn't score, and doesn't pass the ball correctly either... He frustrates me, just as how people are frustrated with Cuadrado... lol, but for me Cuadrado is fine, and Diaz is really frustrating.

CalamityX18, pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah here in brasil all neutrals agree with your opinio of cuadrado (as me)...now he has a new role

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Brazilians have always liked Cuadrado for some reason. Many told me he was better than James...must be his style of play that they like

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And Diaz can be a perfect super sub aka Cuadrado in 2012 and 13 to come in against tired defenders

pepinointer and CalamityX18 repped this.
  6. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    for that, yes its great to see... can't wait to see it blossom..

7. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    I'm still a Cuadrado fan... i get the unnerving for some but I see a lot of good he does that hasn't been replicated by anyone yet on the roster...

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Within the current constraints of tactics there is no one on the roster who could play the position as well as Cuadrado is playing.
    It would have to be some sort of 3 Defensive Mid formation shift which many people hate too.

pepinointer, Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    too many caipirinhas. not ever. EVER.
    Cuadrado was good when he came in as a sub.
    other than that its been a lot of bad performances for a while now

villus repped this.
  10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cuadrado is gonna probably keep starting because he fits this formation perfectly, we gotta just hope he sharpens up a bit. Diaz for sure seems like he's still fairly raw, but there's a lot of good qualities that if he keeps progressing I think he could be a real threat in a couple years. I think Diaz and Villa both will be great wide options for us, still young and have to get more consistent but I'm happy we have them coming through.

Also overall I'm really happy about CQ and the way he's set us up, pressing high up the field and mixing in crosses with good build up play on the ball is a nice change from under Pekerman when we rarely pressed teams higher up the field, also very happy that he's gotten the best out of Roger and Medina, two players who have struggled for us but I really do think they have a lot to offer.

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    meh, I don't disagree with anything here. I actually like the idea of Cuadrado's new role. I think it could suit him very well, problem is his football IQ sometimes is very poor. Im hoping CQ can help him improve his decision making in offense because if he sorts it out then we would have another outlet. However when he messes up it throws off the whole team.

im in a similar situation with Luis Diaz, I like his ability to break through with ease but similar to Cuadrado his decision making and finishing is poor, I think he's still kind of raw.

12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Be safe, Pep. Thanks for the report.

13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've never been convinced by that; I guess its a problem for the local colombians and press but does any of this affect the players that much? not sure tbh.

regardless, I don't think I can really relate to that kinda mentality. Doesn't make any sense to me. I know none of that stuff affects Carlos Queiroz, the man has been around massive teams and players