Colombia vs Paraguay Copa America 2019 (JUN 23rd)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the opposite; I feel like Chile are better than Uruguay at the moment. Despite their injuries, they have still performed like they're supposed to.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The thing about Uruguay is that they may just closed down shop, park the bus and take us to penalties.

Chile would play us straight up and try to score. That open style of play could benefit us a bit better. Especially since we are deeper, younger and are more athletic.

But I am going to be optimistic and say it does not matter who we face we will be ready to beat them.

crzdcolombian, Furnaccio and Froboy69 repped this.
  3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    We played well for fielding a complete b team, Diaz has a lot of potential if he can improve his decision making a little bit. Falcao and Cuadrado are struggling, but they still have plenty to offer. job done for the group stage, no injuries, no suspensions and a 100% record. James is playing so well right now, when he was on the field we dissected Paraguay with his passing range.

CalamityX18 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so if Peru advances, they move to our side of the bracket. That's not a guaranteed victory for either Uruguay or Chile. Fun week incoming.

5. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    The ref and VAR were questionable today.... some odd calls/non calls...

6. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    loved how our entire sub/bench unit pretty much took care of Paraguay's best LOL

crzdcolombian and Froboy69 repped this.
  7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Paraguay are pretty dreadful aren't they, don't see that changing anytime soon. Been ages since they've had a half decent team

8. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They have already advanced; they're facing the winner of group C next.

9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am seriously concerned with the refs that we've been getting so far. I hope that we don't get screwed yet again.

CalamityX18 and sidspaceman repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At what point is it a hand ball

Diaz stopped the ball with his arm
    Above the elbow...... wtf is he suppose to do!!!

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not use his arm at all lol.

That was the right call

HomietheClown and villus repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #187 pibe10, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    100% for the first time since 2001. Any remembers how it ended? we had a decent game today, nothing to play for with our sub, but Paraguay was extremely bad. We missed so much, we could easily scored 4-5 goals and I'm not talking about the ref today.

We have a problem with Cuadrado. The guy is not in shape at all. I think Queiroz needs to start him on the bench and if we'll need him he'll come in fresh.
    Cardona was good, also Cuellar, although this wasn't a test for them. But above all - Lucho Diaz. Wonderful game for him and Queiroz needs to start thinking of Diaz instead of Cuadrado in the lineup.

Froboy69 repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cuadrado is not playing as a winger, he's being played as a centralized midfielder. I don't know if Diaz can perform in that role.

J-Mezzy and Furnaccio repped this.
  14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    if between Diaz and Cuadrado for that position, I would honestly feel better with Cuadrado. Yes he has had trouble with making a direct impact but his pace and work rate has helped draw fouls and pressures the ref to punish the other team.

I sure as hell loved that when we had a troublesome ref against Argentina...

CalamityX18, Doogs and Furnaccio repped this.
  15. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im for cuadrado as starter on Friday.

Anyone watch the game on Telemundo today. I rolled my eyes / laughed when Cardona’s “physical appearance was a topic.

Where do people stand on Medina vs Arias??

16. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    #191 Jace, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Only a matter of time until Diaz is in Europe. Also finally saw the Cuellar that is adored by Flamengo fans. Between Barrios, Lerma and Cuellar, we're set at that position. Lucumi was also solid in the little he was tested.

Got a little nervous when Barrios came in having a yellow card already. Thankfully he avoided the yellow and will be available for the next game.

Would still start Cuadrado in midfield. Say what you want about how he's been with the ball, but he still covers a lot of ground needed playing behind James.

As for Medina or Arias. Still trust Arias more, but think Quieroz will go with Medina.

Oh yeah, and that the two best 1st place finishers dont play the two 3rd place finishers in the next round is just dumb.

J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  17. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that Medina deserves it especially with his great match against Argentina. He was unlucky against Qatar as they were very annoying to play against. Seeing Arias today motivated him to try harder and that will be important in the long run if our coach rewards hard workers in this team.

Furnaccio repped this.
  18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Love Cardona’s hustle today

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

sidspaceman repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah having the bracket preset is stupid

The games vs the 3rd place teams should be earned not preset

20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Arias. He was outstanding today. I'd go Tesillo with Arias. Both cover well and run the overlap beautifully. The return of proficient fullback play is a huge benefit for CQ that Pekerman didn't get to enjoy for his final two years....

Diaz id only play as a sub vs. Uruguay or Chile, not sure he has the read of the game yet to start in a game of that importance. With his speed and lungs, I love him against the legs though in second half...

kromekote, J-Mezzy, jay luis and 2 others repped this.
  21. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    I like Diaz, for me, its a first exposure about him in this tournament and there's plenty to like. But for me, he has a way(not a ways) to go with decision making IMHO. The intangibles look good, don't get me wrong but the decision making and me first tendencies will have me doubting him til i see something else. It's not awful but I see it...

villus repped this.
  22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao, Cardona and Cuadrado would make through passes expecting Diaz to beat 2-3 defenders and sprint 30 yards then score himself as Falcao was too slow to get in the box......

How is that Diaz fault?

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well my report since salvador do bahia:

1. All prople here guves us as favorites, uber drivers, people in restaurants...they are sure we are going to win....i explain then that is exactly our worse escenary.

2. Good overall match.....think that diaz should have to shoot too...he always tried to dribble....

3. For brasilians neutral cuadrado have been amazing in three matches.....i imagine they dont get stress as us when he make an extra movement.

Happy for cuellar

ryu79, sidspaceman, kromekote and 2 others repped this.
  24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Díaz needs to put on his “magic shoes” ;)

IMG_1999.jpg

25. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Don't remember what play that is but Diaz shouldn't have to try to beat 2-3 defenders,.....

It's the POV for some, I saw him try to take on more than he can chew at times...

He's not a bad player for it lol

pepinointer repped this.