Colombia vs Japan 6/19/2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, Jun 10, 2018.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    "perdimos por que metieron a cuadrado" bigsoccer members 2018.....

esos analizis tan buenos y les dan likes y todo.

dapip and jay luis repped this.
  2. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Thanks!

We need to go back to the formation that allows our guys to attack cause we are who we are. We brought who we brought.

The style needs to be corrected, if that's adjustments, that's formations but also playing better. There was so many bad passes, whether they were one time touches or ball placement. Few here and there that were good but some passes were too short or too strong.

When I saw fabra going down that shot me. I too felt he was coming on strong.

However I did like Mojica and I'm sensing I may be in the minority here. I actually thought he was great bringing the ball up however, the inept positioning of his forwards hurt him more than himself. I don't believe anyone was getting open, saw too much Mojica making gestures for someone to move. and that's what I can't stand.

Borja would've been great, Muriel earned his PT. Bacca, really no place in the game but alas Pekerman ********s with us. That could create division honestly but hoping there isn't. Falcao shouldn't be the one to stay, he plays he has to be a candidate to leave the field IMO. Don't sacrifice the team hustle to keep him on.

3. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Agreed. with the build up to the game, I was thinking Mina getting in there to start. Who knows if something else would've happened but I doubt many would question Mina or Murillo had the results held.

I was thinking the same with Ospina. I mean, we've seen Ospina put himself out of position over and over and I wonder if he did that too on that goal. Damn, guy, either come out or not, stop stopping midway you ass.

I thought we could've held on to Cuadrado longer. I agree he was doing a lot wrong but he was the only one who could break and do something of merit with the ball considering who else was on the field. I did like Barrios coming in so I guess you can say for who instead? Lerma or Izzy....

I'd like to rep your post and many others but I don't see that option yet.

4. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    "If we can do that it shows that we have the wherewithal to move forward with the other matches and even win them. We can make up for this first defeat in the next two matches."

Those words from Pekerman are encouraging and abit predictable.

"The players that I subbed onto the pitch shows that I was not expecting a defensive style of play... I wanted to play along the sides so that they could pass balls forward so that we could cause Japan more problems," said Pekerman.

Now he lost me.... subbing out Cuardrado and putting in at Bacca did not support his wishes....

pibe10 repped this.
  5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If we'll ingnore James's substitute with Quintero (which obviously was a mistake) so in my opinion he should subbed Izquierdo with Barrios in the first half and in the second half he should put Muriel for Lerma. When we needed a draw. Other sub just wou;dn't make sense.

6. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Got to give props to the Japanese coach for doing his homework. How many times have Colombia started the game nervously? The Japanese knew it and started the match very aggressively pressing hard and this time it paid off better than anyone could have imagined. That nervousness is a direct consecuence of Pekemans obsession with his defensive philosophy. Why would a team like Colombia let Japan control the match from the very beginning?

Doogs, pibe10, Furnaccio and 1 other person repped this.
  7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I also didn't understand how we played better when we supposed to be unorganized after the red card and after the break when we should've been organised we returned and played with so much panic.

Doogs, Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Playing with 10 men catches up to you and Japan played with discipline for the most part.

Furnaccio and pepinointer repped this.
  9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yet we still played better BEFORE Pekerman had actually a chance to organise the team and this I don't understand.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Japan also had halftime to make adjustments and organize themselves for the victory and they did a good job.

The 10 men situation just wore us down mentally and physically.
    We rarely ever play with 10 men. Especially for that long.

pepinointer repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    45 minutes of effort.

Doogs repped this.
  12. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    agreed :(

sadly our two second half subs were not necessarily what you call "fresh legs"
    **James - with his calf injury is not what you necessarily call a fresh sub. hopefully his injury did not deteriorate further by playing those 30 minutes.

**Bacca - looked gassed within 5 minutes of playing - Borja or Muriel have proven to be more "electric" and have a "game changer" presence; that sub was a disappointment from the second he came on the pitch.

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    sigh.... Just getting back to some normalcy after that horrendous start. And to think so many posters here were angry that Davidson isnt used more as an "attacking defender". :coffee:

My biggest beef with the game is we didnt slow down the game at any point. While I understand the idea of going for the win, this was not an 80th minute expulsion. It was a full game played with 10 men in a world cup. The fact that we went into it tied up after half time should have required a smarter (more defensive) tactic and used every element in the book to kill time. That one is all on Pekerman as we're all still scratching our heads as to Bacca's sub in with a gassed Falcao.

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I said that it would be nice to see Davinson evolve over time - over time being the operative phrase - to become an attacking defender. Not that he should be an attacking defender now.

no one here was was "angry" that Davinson has not been more of an attacking player.

i think you're twisting words.

15. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    lol exactly!!!

I swear the guy was playing 90 mins of soccer before coming on to the 70th minute or so....

Furnaccio repped this.
  16. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao showed real leadership in the 1st half. He held the ball well and at each break in play the cameras showed him shouting instructions across the pitch and trying to keep his guys in game. Blessing ot have him back.

pibe10 repped this.
  17. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Falcao is a quality leader and motivator. I won't throw rocks at him for that. He is great in that role...

but he cannot be the lone striker if Colombia truly wants to have a real run. It can't be possible. He's too small to play the hold up game all day, not fast enough to get ahead of defenders. He's opportunistic around the box but unless there's set pieces involved that's nearly null.

18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Still very worried about Pekerman's mindset...seriously he can easily get us eliminated.

19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    to be fair, he had a poor 1st showing BUT so did many of the players on that field. I wont pass final judgement until Sunday's result.

pibe10 repped this.
  20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't think you'll find much push back to wanting Falcao to have company.

21. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    outside of Pekerman I think not,.... sadly its up to Pekerman to decide that....

22. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

For a guy not 100%, James looked decent enough but desperate.

23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    no one is denying his heart but with a man down we needed someone who could cover more ground and still pose a threat. I would have made the change for Matheus. At the very least if you're going to bring him on not 100% he should have had someone else that could cover that space and Bacca was not that sub and Falcao was gassed.

24. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The situation was desperate and I think Pekerman wanted to sub James to boost the team's spirit and to have a player that can change the game in a single jugada. It didn't work this time (even though he almost scored) but I don't think any other player would have had a huge impact either. Of course we don't know that so we can just speculate.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah his mindset that asked players to make a hand, penal and red card in the first minute...to play all the match with inferiority