Colombia vs Japan 6/19/2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was shocked to see Lerma with Sanchez too. The lineup I had seen had Uribe in there instead of Lerma, I came in thinking wow Pekerman is going to play Uribe next to Sanchez, sounds great. Didn't happen

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Every friendly post WCQ featured Uribe. Not not today? WTF.

But the problem was not so much our mids but both Davinson and Oscar. It was a terrible display by both.

Azucarero and Doogs repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Add to it that bacca, a striker, was the final sub for Izzy, the LM, instead of the more versatile Muriel who can play both winger/Striker.

Makes me wonder sometimes if there are pressures from a higher authority that tells pekerman who he must play at times.

BlueDamian repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they were so so bad.

5. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There were definitely many strange decisions made today. Subbing in Bacca instead Muriel was definitely one of them.

6. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is depressing, I'm getting flashbacks of '98.
    But we can still turn it around.

colombianballa91 repped this.
  7. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    True words. Good luck to you guys

8. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just a lot of things that I could not wrap my head around. We’ve played a match with both Lerma and Sanchez in the line up and it didn’t work (1st) Starting Uribe in practically every match for a while and decided to jeopardize chemistry by not starting him now all of a sudden (2nd) starting Cuadrado (3rd) Playing a lone Falcao (4th) Not starting Muriel who’s been having great chemistry with Falcao (falls into the 4th I suppose)...just a MASSIVE head scratching situation.

kromekote and ryu79 repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hahahaha another prophet of the past???

So colombia lost because they lined up that players....

Hablas como si Sanchez y Lerman hubieran jugado mas de dos minutos juntos hoy........para decir que no iba funcionar.

Que hayan metido cuadrado no influyo para nada a nuestra derrota. Si James no va iniciar es logico que cuadrado sea titular.............Los minutos que jugo lo hizo bien.

El Partido se salio de las manos......fue atipico..............poner a habalr que fue por que no metieron a uribe, bla bla ...................es simplemennte tener intelecto reducido para identificar problemas

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I just don't understand how you sit a physical beast like Mina against a side like Japan where he would have been a mismatch constantly. I see everyone blaming Davinson but he and Murillo appeared totally out of sync. It's tough to blame either when they just appeared totally unprepared to play together, that's on Jose Nestor. The first time the opponent countered they had a collective aneurysm...

Also - what is Ospina doing on the second goal? Go get it or dont. I was so mad because he did a total disservice to the team after they fought so hard to get back level.

Having to waste a sub taking C4 out also brutal.

I actually believe in JNP to figure this out and get us out of the group - but he needs to own this and fix it.

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Atipico, coincido Pepino, pero atipico porque perdimos la cordura al inicio del partido. De eso se debe aprender y mejorar. Yo creo que JNP lo hara.

12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would have liked to have seen how this lineup would have worked had that red card not happened. I would have preferred to have conceded the goal and kept everyone on the field.

ryu79 and kromekote repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the way I understood this is he was benching everyone who was out of form or injured. This would explain Murillo starting over Zapata and Mina. Likewise, James.

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mina didnt play for his club after his injury against Australia.... so that above comment is not true

Zapata is injured and should not be on the NT for the WC.

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    read crzd, I said injured or out of form.

Mina's out of form

16. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James took weeks off before the last cup. Mina totally should be ready to play... Pekerman has had him for weeks and should have him ready. Hope we see him next game.

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ok, I know he's healthy. That's not the point. He's played probably less than a handful of games this season no? That's what I mean by out of form.

18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know bro. I read that Iceland has a rb who works part time at a salt factory. Somehow they got him in form! :)

19. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    probably has more minutes than Mina, not tough to do.

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There’s a difference between being fit/in shape and being in game form. You could be able to run 10 miles but if you don’t play often, your timing, reaction and positioning starts to lack.

If anything I think that playing only one friendly has us in bad game form, not to mention that the team seems to have more than its share of physical issues.

kromekote and Doogs repped this.
  21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess. But you dress people that can play. All I am saying is I truly sincerely hope I am right and he comes on and does well in next game. We need it.

22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sure. Or if we were going to just do one, use a lineup we use often come game day...

dapip repped this.
  23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From out last friendly to today, Fabra and James goy injured and, as I said in a previous post, that created a lot of changes in the lineup. Throw in Sanchez’ red card and we’re going into a must win match with a raggedy starting 11.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Si pero decir que fue por que no jugo mathesu, lerma que por qur jugio cuadrado.....es absurdo.

la cordura la perdieron dos jugadores en una jugada y nos costaron el partido...yo vi un equipo que pese a la adversidad jugo bien

Doogs repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sure, even if Oscar Murillo plays again I hope he goes in and plays well too.

pepinointer repped this.