Colombia vs Greece

Discussion in 'Group C: Colombia, Ivory Coast, Japan, Greece' started by Froboy69, Jun 10, 2014.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It might be too early to make that remark, but it isn't incorrect either. So far in the two CONMEBOL-UEFA match ups played, the South American teams have come out victorious.

Exaggerated claim? Sure. But still correct, nonetheless.

2. Sranang

Sranang Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Suriname
    Exactly. The same goes for all teams. 1st game, get the jitters out and still get a result.

Froboy69 repped this.
  3. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I support CONMEBOL (well, almost all of conmebol anyway:ROFLMAO:) but i agree. Netherlands has been the best so far. Spain the worst.

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    I grew up in Africa, I have lived and worked there for years (in Ethiopia, Liberia and Tanzania FYI). that's why i have very little patience for comments like yours. thank you.

if there's anything else you would like to discuss about Africa, feel free to PM me so the rest of us can continue talking about football.

zahzah repped this.
  5. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    And likely to get another win when Argentina face Bosnia

6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    No one can deny Holland has been the best but at the same token it underrated the advantage Conmebol teams have in this competition. It's like they all are at home.

Christina99 repped this.
  7. geddyleet

geddyleet Member

Jun 6, 2014
    LOL @ people who weren't "impressed" by Colombia. Colombia wasn't playing to impress you. It was playing to bring joy to its country. You have no ********ing idea what kind of pressure there was on this team. First world cup in 16 years after failing to qualify three times in a row mostly from Uruguayan match fixing with Argentina. 20 years after a miserable showing from our most talented team in our history. The ghosts and curses of football past this team has had to face are incomprehensible to anyone else. It's comparable to the curse of the white sox.

This team didn't ********ing play to impress you. It played to bring joy to the 48 million Colombians who suffer daily the painful violence in their country. It played to bring us hope. It played to give us for the first time in 50 years joy and happiness. It played to dispell our fears.

The Colombian National Team is not some players playing a stupid little game. It represents the hopes and dreams of a entire nation and their first most source of pride and happiness.

HomietheClown, Froboy69 and Pipiolo repped this.
  8. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'd say Cameroon were worse and Greece too.

Intersting trend so far from Conmebol - they pretty much all allow their opposition to have the ball a lot and play from a strong defense. Perhaps the smart way to play in these conditions?

9. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    You lived in Africa, therefore Africa is a race ?? And tbh I don't give a crap where you've been and what upbringing you've had :D

10. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    I will say that I was much more impressed with Colombia than Chile, as far as the Conembol teams are concerned. Colombia actually defends, and just seem a much more solid side, and much better tactically. Although Colombia at times gave periods of possession to the Greeks, they were never really in trouble, aside from that one free header by Gekas. I expect Colombia to easily top this group and do well in this WC, not expecting much from Chile.

HomietheClown and Christina99 repped this.
  11. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    No, that is a clear advantage no doubt

12. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know thats the way Argentina plays with Sabella and played (and won) the CONMEBOL qualies. You could see, i dont know, Argentina-Venezuela, well it looked like Venezuela had more the ball and even that they were dominating, but then a run from Di Maria, a pass to Pipita or Messi...GOAL. 1-0, 2-0....match ends 4-0.

This is how Argentina plays. Before, with other DTs (like Bielsa) Argentina had the ball all the time and complete control of the game but didnt score as much. Now, it might seem that in Argentina victories they dont necesarily dominate or control the games, but end up winning by a lot of goals.

IMO, very fun to watch, and one of the reasons i love this team.

13. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I noticed that and frankly it was needed after their shambolic defense in 2010 that cost them the WC in my eyes.

14. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    [​IMG]

15. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its just a game; relax

HomietheClown repped this.
  16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Greeks gave more trouble to Colombia than I thought; it was difficult to break through.

James needed that goal to calm his nerves and which will make me think that he's going to improve in time.

Colombia handled the situation better and I frankly don't give a ******** if neutrals didn't find the match attractive; Colombia was under pressure and they did what they needed to do.

17. gunnerstahl

gunnerstahl Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Funny, someone with a Brazilian user name says this.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man .... I wish Falcao was with the team :(

I FING HATE FRANCE, RANIERI AND MONACO !!

TeSo repped this.
  19. maxsanta

maxsanta Member

Colo Colo
    Netherlands
    Dec 2, 2009
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    colombia-paraguay matches were all fixed too

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Really the red card to Guarin? And being down 2 goals? Or how they eliminated us at home in 2010? Yup those matches were fixed.

Uruguay magically scoring a goal when they need on to qualify 5th against Argentina when another team takes 5th from them seems a little sketchy. Happened what the last 3-4 WCQs?

South Americas schedule needs to change

21. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can we like stop blaiming Uruguay for our fk**ups???

Pipiolo repped this.
  22. danielfrancog

danielfrancog Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

IN TEO WE TRUST!!!!!

elviejomen and locoxriver repped this.
  23. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2010 World Cup Final ref Howard Webb is going to ref the match between Colombia and Ivory Coast. This will be interesting.