Colombia vs Brasil (Eliminatorias )

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by HomietheClown, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

GavoCol repped this.
  2. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Think its a very interesting observation that the Barranquilla heat is now exhausting our guys when it clearly worked in our favor four years ago and we have a relatively young squad outside of Abel.

Id question more our physios than the location. Being in peak condition for the heat should be part of the strategy.

Separately, wanted to say how impressed i was with James in this game. Until he lost his legs he looked great considering the injury layoff. I wish we'd had him in Venezuela, but more important just hope he and core players are healthy and in form a month from now. Vamos.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    You're kidding right? If you've ever kicked the ball around in extreme conditions (heat AND humidity) you'll find yourself drenched in sweat with heavy, almost asphyxiating air to breathe. Try doing so for 90+ minutes, on a full pitch and with pretty high intensity start/stop against a 5 time world champ. It's a miracle these guys can even make it past :45 minutes. You don't think the Germans @ Bayern know how to reach peak conditioning for a player? You don't think Cardona has been physically worked on to peak with Boca and their training regiment? How else would you, could you prepare 23 players for such absurd conditions in less than a week?
    Four years ago during our WCQ, At HOME: we also lost against Argentina, tied with Chile (down 0-3), tied with Vzla, didnt play Brazil. But we were consistently strong at home AND as a visiting squad (something similar of what we have today).

Was very happy about James more so because he brings such a fighting spirit to the team. I'm hoping this Bayern move makes him a more complete player without the primadona stuff that C7 showed him at RM.

pepinointer and Baal88 repped this.
  4. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Contra Paraguay en defensores del chaco, sin James
    Contra Ecuador en Quito
    Y si a amistosos contra selecciones de mierda te referís, que tal España?

Ahora usted trate de nombrar un solo proceso con mas solidez que este, lo que incluye un recambio generacional de por medio.

pepinointer and sidspaceman repped this.
  5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I actually wasn't kidding, but perhaps looking back with rosier hindsight than merited. Totally get the hardship of the conditions, but remember Uruguay looking just lost in the heat...you are right on Argentina and Vzla.

kromekote repped this.