Colombia vs Bolivia ( Eliminatorias )

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Flipmode2000, Mar 8, 2017.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When we got raped by Uruguay without Suarez or Cavani he should have gotten fired. After Copa America he totally should have gotten fired

This team doesn't click. Friendlies would fix that but Pekerman doesn't want any. dude doesn't want to work

ColombiaPAPA! repped this.
  2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    3 points is 3 points; i'll take it :)

Interesting trivia: commentator on beIN said we have used over 40 players during this WCQ campaign vs. 28 in the 2014 WCQ’s; this is a stat that i do not like at all, but i understand there has been a lot of circumstances that pekerman has had to deal with in this campaign.

I won’t give my Pekerman assessment until after the Ecuador game, but let’s just say that his good will is starting to wear thin. With the fire power that we have, we should be scoring more goals, even without Falcao…his tactics or lack therof really bothers me....

Ospina/Zapata/Mina – Untested on defense; Nice header from Mina in 2nd half off the post

Sanchez – Played well in DM/CB role; I liked that he took a shot from outside the 18 in first half

Armero – made some great crosses today; untested on defense

Uribe – Not bad / not great; made a blunder that led to a corner kick for Bolivia in 1st half; his role was not necessary for this match up.

Mac20 – stop making cheaky chip passes; had a nice pass to Uribe for a shot on goal in 1st half; too inconsistent – the kind of player who can have a meh 89 minutes but then score/assist a lone goal at the end of a game; so does he sit the ecuador game now b/c we are playing away?

Cuadrado – risky dive in beginning of 2nd half; did not do much in terms of creating chances for others; earned that penalty in 2nd half

James – Pressed too much and tried to take on the world at times; did have a nice pass to Cuadrado for that header in 1st half; a couple of nice passes sporadically in 2nd half; great follow up on that penalty muff – glad he did not give up.

Muriel – best chance of scoring in 1st half; sucks that he went down to injury

Bacca – needs to find open space which was tough considering Bolivia bunkered; take some shots from distance; missed a chance in 1st half to poke one in; didn’t notice he played during 2nd half; don’t want to see him end up like Jackson; i think he's done as a starter.

Quinones – looked more alive in 2nd half than in 1st half; don’t know where this guy fits with all the recent wingers we have been using; had a great poaching opportunity on the Cardona shot that deflected

Duvan – size wise, has a great presence; unlike Bacca, you could tell that we had a striker on the pitch; solid hold-up play; i hope he starts against Ecuador over Bacca.

Cardona – he’s a fighter; I feel more comfortable when he’s on the pitch; loved that shot he took that shot in the final minutes of the game. We need more of that.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not to be a dick but wtf are you talking about

Mina and Uribe are new the other guys been on the team for at least 4 years!!!

Carlos Sanchez needs to stop playing he can't pass to save his fking life. 7th choice CB or don't get called.

Why does he call Abel? Been shit for his club. Is the excuse of why we suck. We need a new Abel

Macnelly.... we needed him and he shit his pants. Yup sounds like his memo

We haven't had a MF for a very very long time. This refresh business pisses me off when you guys post it.

4. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    My mind tells me you're right, but my gut tells me otherwise. We still have 6 games left and everyone in the top 7-8 is within touching distance of eachother. I mean yea the team might not cozy up to a drill sargent like Bielsa, but what are we gonna do? Keep getting draws and hope its enough to qualify? I think to put it simply, Pekerman has lost himself in his renaissance with our national team. It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere but down.

5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Armero was the MVP today. He made 4 perfect crosses that our strikers were unable to score. The rest SUCKED!

Furnaccio repped this.
  6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    just to keep things in perspective, Mexico went through 2 managers in 2013 before hiring a third prior to the 2014 world cup. so it's not too late to change things up in the managerial ranks

7. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did not like uribe at all. For a team like Bolivia that parked the bus uribe played very conservative. You could see James was frustrated with him. No Link up play. Eventually I saw James, cuadrado and others ignore uribe on many occasions when he was wide open for a pass.

Quiñones, I'm iffy with him. Just felt like he was a bit clumsy with his touch.

Macnelly, uribe played very conservative for some reason. Against this Bolivia team that wasn't necessary. That's why Sanchez is there. I almost forgot we had a goalkeeper. Ospina is squeaky clean.

Furnaccio repped this.
  8. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Im talking about Sebastian Perez, Yerry Mina, Diaz, now uribe etc. Do you want me to keep going with names? Furnacio just broke it down for you. We used 28 players last wc qualifying, and FORTY (40) players total this time around. The numbers speak for themselves.

It pisses me off too bruh. I'm just telling you not to be suprised if hes warned us that he wanted to refresh the team this campaign.

9. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing, just minor, but, I can't stand vuvuzelas. Is Barranquilla the only crowd that uses them in Colombia? They should be outlawed

10. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Had to miss most of the second half. I guess that was for the better.

Just watched the penalty...the guys doing another coreographed dance after scoring a followup penalty in minute 80 against Bolivia at home...I rarely question our players' attitude, but that kind of grossed me out...

11. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I haven't felt this disappointed with our NT in a lot of years. How is it possible with as much talent as we have, we can't put together a quality performance? That was some horrible soccer!

We were bailed out on that penalty. We didn't deserve points today and we won't get points against Ecuador if we play like this. I don't even know what changes need to be made but things are bad.

I could live with a 1-0 win but damn, this is ugly. No urgency and when they finally do feel it, they press too much and look worse.

I need to calm down and not be so emotional but my heart is breaking. Wait 5 months (however long the break was since the last game) to see our NT play and this is what we get? !@$#$%%^

Furnaccio repped this.
  12. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That also rubbed me the wrong way.

I think it's safe to say no one is confident in this team moving forward.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  13. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The only good thing other than the win is that we got no yellow cards.

14. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    If Duvan played as well as you said, that's another positive, too.

Start him against Ecuador. I'm tired of seeing Bacca. The guy adds 0 to the attack.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope Muriel isn't injured and just a precaution. Didn't Cuadrado get a yellow?Didnt see it happen but the Beinsports guys kept mentioning his yellow. :) nvm checked ESPN no he didnt :)

Dapip I totally agree with you the celebration after that BS goal..... and the then the final free kick when we pass back the ball made me sick to my stomach

16. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
  17. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Relieved to get the win. Its what matters most.

Totally bummed about Muriel's injury. Not just for these fixtures, he deserved a nice run to establish himself with the form he has had recently.

18. Big Football

Big Football Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Some beach in Florida,
    Club:
    Deportes Tolima
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Duvan HAS to start in Quito, not Bacca, we need his physical presence against the big Ecuadorian defenders.

19. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Bacca has been shit and offered nothing, he's been bad for most of the season in Milan. So ********ing unlucky with Falcao during the qualifiers, we miss his leadership and his play. Give Duvan a chance Imo.

J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That is actually great news. Armero atleast. We've been starving for wing play and the goals will come. (Worked thru the game today, appreciate all the coverage here)

Btw - not a terrible penalty from James, keeper guessed right and really extended...

http://www.beinsports.com/us/conmeb...odriguez-nets-all-important-goal-again/490598

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    armero had some great crosses today but he was not tested at all defensively so he did not have to drop back often. Ecuador will be a different style of game so let's hope for some good match fitness that game. If Ecuador force armero to his right, he will be in for a rough day.

3 point gap between 2nd place and 6th place. Gotta play to win against Ecuador who will be coming out guns blazing after their loss today.

22. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Para mi, un gol depues de jugar tan horrible se debe celebrar diciendo GOL CARAJO, no unos bailesitos. He tenido miedo admitir esto pero ahora que veo que alguien mas piensa esto, lo puedo decir sin dudas.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So true! I was disgusted by them. Also by the fans who started to do 'OLE' after the goal like we gave a show and lead 6-0/ Awful.

As for the game, my opinion isn't different from most of you. I think that only Venezuela-Colombian in the 2015 Copa America was uglier, but that game wasn't at home, this one is, vs. the weakest team in South America. I couldn't believe that we could play so stupid vs. a bunker team. Keep crossing inaccurate balls; insisting to break through the middle; Barely tested the keeper from long distance; Play too slow; 0 link up play between our midfielders which for me, this problem is not smaller then our lack of goals from the strikers.

This time it wasn't Pekerman's fault. He had a good lineup, offensive. Muriel's injury ruin it and I think that Pekerman's only mistake was with Quiñones (awful, I already questioned him when he got called). Should've bring in Cardona, would be better. Other then that, we need to accept the fact that our exciting 2013-2014 national is not here anymore and Pekerman is not our saver anymore. When most of our key players 'eating' bench in their clubs or just in a bad shape, their ability won't change drastically just because they wear the yellow jersey.

Only good thing was the 3 points which deserve us, but a team that cannot beat Bolivia AT HOME, simply doesn't deserve to qualify (like Chile who had much more luck the brain in this case). I'm telling you now, I'm buying a point in Quito. My new concern is Brazil. If I thought that we will beat them in Quilla, then this thought now is gone. Our fortune is that they already qualified so maybe they won't play that strong, but honestly, I don't see us winning them.

krass repped this.
  24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    God this match pissed me off.

I honestly have lost confidence in this team. We can't make a run like we did at the 2014 world cup if we don't improve.

25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hopefully Falcao is healthy next month. Can't carry on with Bacca