Colombia vs Argentina Copa America 2019 (JUN 15th)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So form wise Argentina have only won against Nicaragua (unsurprisingly 5-1) and Morroco (only by 1 goal) and lost to Venezuela. All this year as the last friendlies before that were domestic players only against Brazil and Mexico (twice).

Last time we lost was against S. Korea in an experiment with our newest coach who took over since the start of this year. Aside from that since, we've won our 3 other friendlies under him this year and scored a total of 8 goals in the 4 friendlies that we had.

When we last faced Argentina, we were a joke, using most of our best players whereas Argentina used basically their C team and they gave us trouble.

What do you guys think? Can our new coach get us to get on momentum and actually win this game? Or will it be another case of us being a bunch of pussies that would be content with a draw and won't even try to risk it?

Furnaccio repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We have to beat these guys.
    Last time we beat them Wason and Dayro were running around El Campín.

Hopefully this is the start of something good.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, totally agree this is the worst Argentina we will ever play. This is even worst then the one we saw in qualifiers who hadn’t won in a while but we somehow lost to in Argentina.

We give them too much respect. I hope we a new coach we change that chip. Dont give them too much respect and they are just 11 guys on the field who cares what color their uniforms are. They lost 3-0 to Venezuela. So unless some crazy Messi magic I don’t want to hear that Colombians are weak mentally excuse if the coach goes out their to not attack.

4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    You guys are all crazy...if there's one thing Colombia has done vs Argentina is revive the dead. Time and time again FOR YEARS, they'll be coming off a crop of poor performances or coaching issues or Messi just getting back from injury....whatever the reason, we end up choking...every...single...time... Until they show me otherwise, a tie is the best we can expect.

Froboy69 repped this.
  5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are not wrong which is why I think it’s important we go out on saturday guns blazing and force argentina to play our game and not let them get into any sort of rhythm.

Last time we faced Argentina in a REAL game; Argentina was up 2-0 after 25 minutes and it was game over (Messi had space and lit us up in the 10th minute if memory serves)

We gotta suffocate Messi/Aguero/Di Maria from get-go, but play smart at the same time.

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    That game had too much improvisation as we had too many issues. I think we tried Balanta as a Left Back winger, had Davidson Sanchez start his 1st game, and THREE DFM and no creativity on top. Messi swept the floor with Barrios.

7. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    oh and I forgot to include Jeison Murillo and his worst worst worst game ever played with the NT.

8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    True and good points. nevertheless - we played their game and paid for it early on.

No matter who is playing on the pitch at any time - we can’t let other teams dictate the tempo of the game. If we do have have that many newbies or inexperienced players, it’s up to the leaders of the team (not just the guy with the armband) to get everyone to be in that alpha mode.

Thats why I think this Peru game was good for us. Rather than wait for Argentina to strike first on us, we need to be in the driver seat. I felt against Peru it took until the 20th minute to get the game in our hands.

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    At this level though and with points that matter, those 1st 20 minutes serve as measuring stick. I don't mind Colombia being patient but I do want them to have a purpose. If we're not passing and moving they'll make us pay. I just hope we can stop with the fouls right outside our box because those have a high probability of a Messi goal.
    So far what I've liked about his team is that there is an urgency from the whole team to recover the ball and gain possession asap. Boy would I love Diaz over Cuadrado. He would cause all sorts of problems for that Argentinian defense.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im gonna miss this match. A firend decided to get marraige at the hour of the match. and he is also a big football fan......bad timing of the wife...

my revenge: i will be in salavador for paraguay game.

BlueDamian, Doogs, crzdcolombian and 4 others repped this.
  11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    not a good start to any marriage :D

Doogs, crzdcolombian, jay luis and 2 others repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we will be like this:

[​IMG]

Have you watch this movie??

BlueDamian, Doogs and Baal88 repped this.
  13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Froboy69 and kromekote repped this.
  14. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm sorry boys, but we won't go past the group stage.

jay luis repped this.
  15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    nope, never even heard of it.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    watch it, is called pena maxima.

kromekote repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Crazy or not it is a new coaching regime and a clean slate for everyone.
    I am going to be as optimistic as possible and expect a 5-0 until proven otherwise.
    :p

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we are winning, i know it. and the only reason is because im not going to able to watch it.

If im not wrong is the first offical match that i have lose in years...........i lost a half of colombia-urguay in 2017, because i was presenting my thesis....

19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    haha, just watched it... thanks for the tip...forgetting the poor sound quality for a moment it really does capture how stupid we all are about the game... So many times I was willing to bet everything that we would win because I was so sure we were a top 3 side, when in reality we were very mediocre. We've improved and so have all the other NTs but until we start winning silverware we are just like these 2 fools.

BlueDamian, jay luis and pepinointer repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah!! im looking for a radio to get in the marriage........like these two guys!! at least isnt a funeral :D

kromekote repped this.
  21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope we can beat these guys, it never happens anymore.

22. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I believe in the coach and the players. I believe that they will progress Colombian Football.

Furnaccio repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no man, that was cursy.

Doogs and jay luis repped this.
  24. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ha! We were undefeated in qualifying for wc2014 in games I couldn't watch because I was at work

pepinointer repped this.
  25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    bad luck.....2012 2014 were beautiful years of our nt...........also was so painful the day of the injury of falcao.........