Colombia sub-23

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by colombia10, Apr 1, 2012.

1. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    do you make anything other than snide remarks and posts?

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    When you have Crzd on your side you have to think about this statement really hard.
    I mean, maybe others will chime in on who they think should coach so more power to you.
    I will just let you guys discuss the list of people who may be better.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nope. Obviously not.

4. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Obviously. Hence why I used the word petulant.

It's immature to be so contemptuous and always making snide remarks.

Could we digress....

Out of recent memory I can really only think of one coach that has used a 433 with a Colombian squad of late... Maybe you can think of more than one and share that instead of a childish response or instead a malapropism.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for the lesson in etiquette.
    I will be much more polite in the future.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Bolillo here we come.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My only thing is they are treating Reyes like if he was fking Yepes, El Pibe or Ivan cordoba.

He has been pretty bad as a coach other then using Pekermans team that played in autopilot. The first 2 games after that the team was god awful under him.

8. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I just don't think h fits in to what they are forcing him to do.

I think Gamero would be better he has used a 433 even I've seen him use a 442 and 4231 most of the time. But the philosophy of being discipline on spacing and marking would be similar to what Queiroz wants.

Even Oscar Quintabani.... He's used the 433 before and has been successful in the Colombian league.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quintabani stopped being good like 10 years ago and is a old coach

10. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Yea he's old but I don't think he can do worse. The 23 side looked lackluster and without much tactical discipline

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just shows a lack of scouting.

Not too impressed with The scouting of any of our coaching the last few years to be honest.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I do not think it is wise to fire someone based on a couple of friendly games.
    Specifically on the road against two teams that are pretty good.
    No one is saying he is any of the people you are bringing up.
    And yes, the Sub 20 was not great but even they made it to the Quarters and barely lost to the eventual champions.

13. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I think it's foolish to ask a guy who doesn't coach the system that the Senior side uses to all of a sudden coach something h never coaches..
    That's like asking a Spanish teacher to teach Catalan and it's OK because a Catalán teach sat him down and told him what do....

It's absurd and the results and terrible play are undeniable proof.

I'd rather Oceano Cruz take over... And then for the actual tournament Queiroz run it..
    And Reyes can be the assistant...

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #189 HomietheClown, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    That is an interesting way of putting it.

Keeping with this logic if the Spanish teacher sat down with the other teacher and gave him prep and his lesson plans, and has been in contact with him for 8 months it would not be the worst thing in the world for that Catalán to teach the basics of the Spanish Language.

The Sub 20 and sub 23 are the basics, they are not Honors classes.

15. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I like Ocena Cruz to be the sub 23 manager and to schedule sub 23 friendlies near where the Senior side play. That way it's easier for the Senior side staff to help the sub 23.....

Hopefully with the next friendlies though Reyes can have Cucho there. And hopefully other guys can have a chance like Solano and Jose Ortiz

16. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I'd like to see Solano in that Yario Moreno role and Carrascal in the Cuadrado role...

Have Julián Quiñiones as on of the front 3 and Cetre as the CF and Cucho on the right side of the front 3

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Has Oceano even commented on whether or not he wants that responsibility?

This is reminding me of when Pibe10 was clamoring for Nestor Lorenzo to be the manager for Colombia without really knowing if he wanted the job.

pepinointer repped this.
  18. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #193 MiLo4891, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Anyways.....

Going back to the sub 23 and who they've called up, I hope in addition to hopefully be seeing Cucho, and Julian Quiñiones, I'd be happy if they played Luis Díaz in the pre Olympic tournament. He's been doing well for the Senior side but I think between Roger Martínez and Muriel and possibly James as one of the front three I'd rather see him as the out and out starter in the same role on the sub 23... I think as far as a front 3 they would do much better than the last group that played...

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Our next two friendlies will be against Peru in October.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Diaz > Roger

just needs to be given a shot and time. That is a great healthy competition between the two.

I guess with James and Quintero back potentially he might drop back to 3rd or 4th choice so then fine go with the U23.

pepinointer repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #196 HomietheClown, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    CONMEBOL youth tournaments are not treated as a FIFA dates though so Porto is not obligated to let him go to the Pre-Olympic tournament.
    So more than likely Diaz will never get called up for the Sub 23. .

22. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Agree with you... I think he has a higher ceiling than Martinez. I think Martínez may have peaked already but Díaz will get better and be much better than Martínez is now.... But I'd like to see him play more and he'd get more time with the u23s...

The thing will be will James and Quintero start together or will they replace each other.. Like Start James and then bring Quintero... Or Start James with the Front three cuz he has shoot first mentality and then Quintero with the CMs?!

In my opinion.... Ideally Díaz gets better he starts at LW and if James keeps getting shredded and stays healthy and in a scoring streak he's the RW...and it looks like Queiroz wants a 4 man back line with all CBS and Fullbacks that are traditional Fullbacks that stay back. 4 CBS but two that have Fullback experience. And he wants LM and RM with fullback and winger/wide midfielder experience. And 3 CFs....

But if Díaz would get more time with 23s and maybe have better results vs u23 competition and those good outings will compound in helping him reach a higher ceiling than Martinez...

Quiñiones when healthy too should start for the 23s....and maybe he can compete with Muriel for RW in 2020...

If it was me I'd play more attack minded and have Cuadrado as a wing back save the 4cbs for the big NTs like Brazil but for Perú, Bolivia Venezuela go with Cuadrado as RB and Yairo at LB and James as LM Díaz as LW Quintero Duvan/Falcao CF and Muriel/ Martínez/ Quiñiones at RW

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We should take Cardona and Falcao to the Olympics. If not Falcao, Borja.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It will probably be Tesillo and Berrio. :p

Seriously, I just hope we qualify. It will be interesting to see who the Senior players would be though.

25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I mean Queiroz won't take Cardona to Copa America so he should definitely play in this. Also we desperately need a striker so Borja or Falcao to help out.

Maybe also one of the wingers left out by Queiroz

Azucarero repped this.