Colombia sub-23

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by colombia10, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    1-3 loss.

We were even if not better until Reyes got red carded. Sucks.

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's a damn shame.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Again Reyes is worse then Picis thank god he didn’t get the SNT job!

4. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Un asistente de Queiroz o un DT que escogió Querioz debe ser el DT de la sub 23 y no Reyes.. Reyes se debe volver a enfocarse en el próximo sub 20 para que la próxima selección sub 20 lleve el máximo tiempo trabajado... Y sobre todo este sub 23 debe tener el mismo estilo de juego de la mayores para que esta camada ya tenga esa base y le cueste menos adaptarse a la Selección Mayor de Querioz porque a los 23 años y menos de 4 años al próximo mundial la sub 23 debería formar una parte de la selección que va pelear por un cupo al mundial...y porque será una buena parte del futuro de la Selección post mundial del 2022. Aún si se vaya Querioz después del 2022 le hace mucho beneficio que la sub 23 y las mayores hayan tenido el mismo estilo porque los jugadores de los dos que luego formarán un Seleccionado Mixto que será la nueva Selección Mayor tendrá de memoria el mismo estilo de jugar y harían movimientos que entre ellos reconocen aún siendo nuevo compañeros de selección

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Reyes is an assistant of Queiroz.
    And there is no Sub 20 to work on until 2021 so he is in charge of the Sub 23.

6. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #131 MiLo4891, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Reyes was only his assistant after Queiroz was given the job.....

Queiroz has never worked with him in the past and likely they don't have the same philosophy for tactics and style and choosing players... Hence the results are poor.. Because now Reyes that has stated he likes playing with 2 forwards, Reyes a guy who has his own philosophy is now being forced to play and coach a style that isn't his natural idea... That doesn't make sense...

A guy that has always had a 433 should coach the Sub 23 .. On top of havinghhad history of winning while playing 433 the DT should like to play the counterattack and have his side play at high pace style and intensitytthat Queiroz also likes to have his sides play... That way even if the Sub 23 doesn't accomplish good results they'll have a higher likelihood of playing similar to the senior side and when the players get called in they'll be more likely to have a better chance of playing cohesively...

Because have Reyes a 442 possession style of coach teaching a 433 counterattacking directly style of play isn't doing anything but losing games which will lose the players confidence and not get the players accustomed to playing the 433 correctly or at the same level or same way the senior side does

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Queiroz has sat down with Reyes and all the youth coaches and discussed how he wants things run.

It has been two friendlies on the road. I do not think there's going to be much changes other than more microciclos of new players.

It has also been reported that he does not really care much about this tournament anyway so I do not see the Federation changing things up at all.

8. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Again that is not the same thing as naming a DT that has the same philosophy and success with the same style of play as what the senior side wants and what their DT has had and will implement. I edited my prior post and elaborated more and I think I made a valid case as to why Reyes versus a guy that has had success with clubs or teams while implementing the counterattacking high pace 433 is not the same thing and why it is not as good as an idea to do

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Valid case or not it is not realistic to expect any changes at this point in the process.
    It is a moot point to plea for another manager when it is Reyes' ship until it sinks.

10. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    To put it simply in both languages...

Reyes uses a 442 and now your asking him to coach at something he hasn't naturally selected as shown when he had the Senior Side. That can't be better than naming a guy who already naturally is inclined to play the 433 and has done it successfully.

No se puede esperar que un tipo como Reyes que ha escogido jugar de otra manera que Queiroz pueda transmitirle el estilo de juego que quiere Queiroz.. Más bien se debe nombrar alguien ya tiene naturalmente la misma or muy similar philosophia y estilo que tiene Queiroz... Eso es lógico... En todo club hacen eso mismo... Ahorra no se puede con la selección de Colombia.. Ahora basta no mas que se sientan y le diga haga esto?! No el tipo ya tiene que tener esa idea o tendrá que tener historia cualidades que puede implementar el mismo estilo... Y Reyes ha mostrado que su philosophia es diferente, es más dijo que el creía en una idea diferente que la de Querioz antes de que nombran a Queiroz...

11. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    It's not late in the process. It's not a moot point. The Pre Olympic tournament hasn't happened.. The guys that qualify to play for the u 23 still are of age qualify for the u23 so hence it is not moot. That's not even the definition of moot nor it's appropriate applicable use. And if I have an opinion on what the characteristics of the u 23 DT should be that isn't a moot point.. Opinions can't be moot... Moot by definition is the opposite of what can be open for discussion and discussion of opinions and ideas are exactly the essence and the point of forums to begin with!

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Again, Queiroz has had months to talk to Reyes and discuss philosophies.
    Would it be better to bring in somebody else? Maybe. But that is a moot point because Queiroz and the Federation have agreed to this process.
    And Reyes is a major part of the process.

Yes it is too late. We basically have October and November and maybe a couple of microciclos in the winter.

13. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I don't think you know what the word moot means.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Noun. moot point (plural moot points) An issue that is subject to, or open for, discussion or debate, to which no satisfactory answer is found

15. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    My opinion isn't moot it's my opinion. If you don't share the same view it's OK. But to say someone has a moot point is to say it's no longer open for discussion or allowed. Hence I don't think you mean to say moot point. If you think it's not a good idea to change coaches you're entitled to that opinion. I think there's more validity in naming someone with a similar style of that of the senior side.

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not saying your opinion is moot.
    I do believe that pleading for a new manager when there is not going to be a change in the process is moot.
    Here is a better definition:
    An issue regarded as potentially debatable, but no longer practically applicable. Although the idea may still be worth debating and exploring academically, and such discussion may be useful for addressing similar issues in the future, the idea has been rendered irrelevant for the present issue.

17. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Reread that.

Especially the satisfactory part.

I'd find it more satisfactory and more practical to name a coach to coach a counterattacking 433 than to leave in charge a coach who has voiced his preference for another style of play and has objectively without debate not the same record with the 433 as to what it means to win while implementing the 433

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes.
    But the discussion is moot if the Federation and Queiroz are sticking to the process that they have been working on for months. There is no indication that they will hire anyone else.

19. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #144 MiLo4891, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    my opinion is that it is possible to change the coach and has valid reasoning to do so. It hasn't been rendered irrelevant because it is not impossible to change the coach. It literally is within the realm of possibility that another coach can be named. In fact it's impossible that Reyes can coach the Sub 23 infinitely forever.

My stance and opinion is that there are valid reasons for another coach and now that you wanted to use moot point in a solecistic fashion I'm just explaining that it's not moot. We are literally having the discussion about changing the coach and Reyes can literally be fired and another coach named.

Moot point would be to write a letter ordering someone who died or suggesting to someone what to do in life after they had died. It's moot they're dead. They can no longer apply what you said because they're dead. But it's literally something able to be discussed and those ideas can be applied for someone else in the future.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup.
    The present issue is that this is Reyes' team and he was picked by the Fed and Queiroz to manage.

Any hypothetical other manager talk is definitely moot.

21. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    You still don't use moot correctly and now you're contradicting yourself by saying it's hypothetical and yet moot when it literally can happen..

22. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I think you mean to say that it's not probable that they would fire Reyes and maybe you feel it's not worth discussing but you have literally been discussing it for several posts.

23. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I feel like you saying moot is nothing more than flaming.

Probably could have just ignored my post or said that you don't think they'll fire him.

I think a coach that has had success with the 433 is a better choice because if they have had a winning record with it they already have a better record with it than Reyes does. And I think results are one of the indicators of successfully implementing a style of play..

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am saying what I mean and meaning what I say.

Just because you disagree and do not like what I am saying does not change that fact.

25. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    And if the coach has a winning record with a 433 and hence better record with it than Reyes does so far then on top of that said candidate also likes to play with a high pace and direct style of play than he would have more similarities in coaching to Queiroz than Reyes does.... That similarity would benefit any play that later will play with the players that Queiroz is coaching now... Because they'll be able to play the same style and strategy together despite never playing together before