Colombia Sub-20

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Baal88, Apr 22, 2016.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because you have a lot of precedents of use wrong facts, tergiverse reality....

Angel isnt on the radar since 2006.....

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No shit!!! That is why it blew my mind people asking for him or cordoba!!! You aren’t the only person in the world with Wikipedia man

Granted they stop random people on the street who just answer it

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ok, is true.

4. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we do need a leader in our defense. yepes left a very deep gap there.

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yikes. Just logged into see a backlog of nonsense in this thread.

Appreciate @pibe10 for handling this on his own. As he didn't see fit to issue bans I am looking past several complaints received. To be clear, if we see threads derailed with more political discussions or baiting, bans will come.

With Copa coming, we have plenty of football to discuss. Thanks.

J-Mezzy, kromekote, Doogs and 1 other person repped this.
  6. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What still bothers me is the lack of fighting spirit and aoverall interest from the coaching staff. Its like they never gave a ********. like it was a chore. to top this the lack of debate among the colombian press is stunning! wow... barely a peep about the shitty performance.

we will pay for this in the future. that is guaranteed.

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I must admit that I was blinded by Reyes's coaching skills with the senior after the WC, but I guess I was wrong. In both Sudamericano and Mundial he proves that he is probably not the right guy for this job. After our horrible performance in the Sudamericano I expected a major improvement especially with Cucho and Sinisterra, but it didn't happen. I hope that they'll find a new coach to start a new process, I can't see any bright future with Reyes.

8. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    It goes to show, a couple games against weak opponents doesn't really give you much to work on, you need a big sample size and you need to see games with players who aren't mainly all familiar with each other. Coaching the U-20's is a lot more difficult I'd imagine in many ways, you have some kids who are very raw, you don't have a ton of experience and you usually don't have players playing together for years, good coaches can make that work and poor coaches get exposed quickly.

pibe10 repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Korea eliminated Senegal in pks after a good matc

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Will CQ have an impact (or any involvement) on how the next cycle of the u20 will be run?

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Unpopular opinion:

1. At this point we dont know if reyes scouting was the best. In the next 2 years we are going to discover if he excluded an important player.

2. Judging by the roster of players and the lack of quality of player........this team played at least as a team....not the most solid team but a team.....since lara 2005 i dont remember a colombian team that dont depended in individualities....this team of reyes generated more options and in different ways thta piscis team for example.

3. Quarter finals isnt a bad result....yeah we arrogant and we have to pass over new zealand, but new zealand very sexy team in first round.....and was a good game which the two teams generated options.

4. The elimination also was unfair giving the circustances of the match....you never cant be eliminitades because of that blooper goal and that is to the players.

5. I think that is not a need fired reyes or change the coach, because as i sadi in my first point...if this a generational problem of talent.....at the end he did a good job....but if it was lack of scouting, so we will know soon.....

For example this argument. it repeats always in u-20 teams, even in reinaldos one....and i think that isnt an issue just of the coaching staff....

J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I actually like ecuador. They were third in their group but even in their losses they looked good. Against italy they were a man down and looked superior for long stretches of the game.

Korea imo got lucky yesterday, senegal wasted many many chances, the ref gave korea a weak pen, and even then the koreans still needed to equalize in the last second of full time.

Ecuador-Italy for me.

pepinointer repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Un Velez said he should have been fired at the sudamerico and same on el pulso de futbol think it was restrepo

The game was on Friday but they kind of just were like whatever.

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Ummm he did a good job because we had a weak group? He did a bad job, he couldn't prepare the team to play good soccer and couldn't get them to employ even simple tactics and ball possession or to make adjustments at all. Results don't mean shit, you can be playing shitty teams get lucky and win but that doesn't make you a good coach.

crzdcolombian and jay luis repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. Play against the host will always be a match and senegal draw with them

2.Im not talking just of results. I saw a team that created chances( witb too much bad definition) and received little amount pf goals. I liked that the team didnt relied in individualities like in other time

3. I never have watched honestly a colombia youth theam playing good, only good performaces of players no even 2005 (was horrible in worle cup)...recently people is idealizing too much FIFA...few teams can play.....this team received goals because bloopers not..but wasnt disorganized

4. Yes is always difficult to make a unpopular opinion..

5. Was a very mediocre roster that achived more...colombia not always qualifu to wc so...just say "results are shit" isnt so accurate......romantic play is shit too

6. Also reyes is not guilty that cucho hernandez is so overrated.

7. We should be more worry about u-17 , tjat team lost all their matches and the coach cardenas havent been so Fired.....if the generations upcoming are so bad.....we need a coach that get results depsite if they play nice or like in fifa

16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    They didn't have a single good performance, there was no continuity or understanding throughout the team. Take away the teams, their soccer was clear to see and it used no midfield, played it to the wingers and let them go one on one then cross, rinse repeat. It was bad soccer, and there was no adjustments, they got to where they did because simply we had more talent and athleticism then most teams, but the coaches foot print was nil. We need coaches who can develop players and implement tactics at this level, picking players isn't the biggest part of the job.

Not only that the defense got shredded over and over by NZ, it was like he just put guys out to play and built no team, adjusted nothing coaches need to actually have an impact.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

We doubt thay actually this roster have more talent than other teams that faced....the u-20 of 2017, the u-17 of this year, give me clue that we are goinf to suffer with these upcoming generation.....and to get results maybe we will to forget "romantic play"

"Bad soccer" "good soccer".....i liked the performance agaisnt poland and new zealand the second two parts , the team showed a good level.....there were order in defense, beyond the bloopers and individual concenteation problem

That they ise more wings and no midifield....maybe but i dont know if these player can play in anothrr way....maybe you just adjust to thr players that you have.

Im not saying that if they fired reyes it will be a bad choice.....but dont see how better will be without him....it will be a good scapegoat....

Since lara, restrep and now reyes these teams plays very similar....and get better only when they have cracks.....i think is a developemente problem that is more attribuble to the youth clubs than to a coach.

J-Mezzy and Doogs repped this.
  18. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Ya sure its hasty for me to say he should be fired since we don't know what we'll get and maybe this was the best style, I was just really disappointed with how they couldn't be patient or avoid being too predictable and adjusting. I'd think there are better coaches and we shouldn't accept that a team that to be fair should be at a higher level was not set up or coached in a manner that would progress their soccer or would lead to them transitioning to the national team. I've seen a lot of U-20 teams with a lot less talent play a lot better, talent is one thing but tactics and playing intelligent soccer is another, and I saw a lot of simple mistakes in build up that a decent coach should spot and change, he seemed to be perfectly content and sat back.

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guys... Reyes is here to stay. The results weren't great and I think that with a playmaker this team would have flown high. But that's something I already knew about Reyes, he likes counterattacking and playing down the flanks, it's a shame because some of the most talented players we have are enganches and if he doesn't like them and gets the U23 gig he might waste or not even call the most wonderful genius we have in the League: Yeison Guzmán, a mix between Cardona and Quintero.

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would love huberth boderth to be in charge......he rejected this job in december in 2017 because he prefered to be coach in once caldas.

but i want to know if there a better players.....and was just bad scouting of reyes......because that worry more than the coach at this moment.

Doogs repped this.
  21. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Most of the players I thought would give something to this team were called Up, I mean, some probably slipped through the cracks, just like in every country, but to be completely honest there weren't a lot of players that I would have considered worthy, he brought Amaya and Caicedo, didn't use them as much as he should have, but at least they were in the roster.

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah agree, but i think that amaya played in all matches and he was very average....deiber deserved more chances.

Watching the bad u-17...i think that reyes could be worse: like hector cardenas...

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ukraine is in the final....

What could have been but the whole U20 cup in general hasn’t been that impressive nor has any one really stood out

Bomb8 and pepinointer repped this.
  24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes the level havent been good...a lot of irregular teams....Ecuador is in semis because portugal wasnt able to defeat south africa

25. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Welp both the teams i didnt think would make it made it. I agree with pep though, the qualities of teams this year were rather low

pepinointer repped this.