Colombia Sub-20

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Baal88, Apr 22, 2016.

1. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Trying to get back on topic, I dont think New Zealand will be any stroll in the park, they’ve played pretty well in the tournament and have good chemistry as many of their starters play together for Wellington Phoenix. Will be a tough game imo, hopefully the goals continue to come

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Watching the game against Uruguay, I think high pressure and isolating the midfield worked for Uruguay. IMHO the Kiwis also looked very naive when reading the game flow, which hopefully is an advantage for us too.

kromekote and colombianballa91 repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    they're a physical but quick team from what I saw. Problem is you can't play Uruguay at their own game which for us means more possession and timing as opposed to constantly running up at their opposition which the Kiwi's were doing. That said, all is forgotten at this point and so every team starts at zero in this next match. We just need some transition management in MF.

4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    interesting, the Kiwi's literally played with almost all their subs vs Uruguay. :cautious: ....Ojo with this team:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12236064
    With their respective passages to the Round of 16 already secured, both sides took the opportunity to freshen their starting line-ups as Buckingham made nine changes, only the centre back pairing of Nando Pijnaker and George Stanger keeping their places.

dapip, pepinointer and HomietheClown repped this.
  5. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There are rumors saying that Honduras lost on purpose. I didn't see the game myself.

pepinointer repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, they were also accused of match fixing in 2015 against Fiji.

I am not sure why they would lose 12 nothing though unless someone did some weird prop bet specifically on that number.
    IT does not make sense.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  7. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I didnt watch the match but it could be that they were just piss poor? I mean we have easily>15 shots on goal vs Tahiti that should have put
    us in double digits.... 2 red cards from Honduras didnt help either. While we all know Concacaf is pretty weak with the exception of US/Mex I still dont think they're 12 goals weaker than Norway, so there may be something to the story.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup. That is my theory.
    They played a very physical and emotionally draining match against Uruguay the previous match. And they played a tall, physical team that just made them look even worse.
    3 matches in such a small time frame can do that to a poor squad.

kromekote repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1334 HomietheClown, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Going back to this.
    It is a Pick your poison sorta thing but if you would have askrd me before the tournament who would you rather face in a possible 2nd round match up....

....New Zealand or Nigeria (the team we would have faced if we finished in first) I would have picked the Kiwis.
    Now, the context has changed a little bit and we know they both would be difficult in different ways but I still kinda would rather face New Zealand over an athletic African team like Nigeria.
    We shall see how it all plays out.
    This team has to go out there and play their best game if they want to advance.

pibe10 repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And now looking at our side of the bracket we could face either Ukraine or Panama in the Quarters.
    That does not look bad at all.

(I know, I know don't look ahead and focus on New Zealand. Also as long as we can't score goals anyone can beat us blah blah)

pibe10 and Froboy69 repped this.
  11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    u20.PNG Yeah this is actually a blessing in diguise. I would say that if they at least reached the semis then that would be a good milestone considering how we've played up to this point.
    That and the fact that we would not need to travel that much between new zealand and whoever we play after them, we are quite comfortable here.

kromekote repped this.
  12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    this team is too colombian.

I saw the game between USA and Qatar the other day, Qatar missed a few clear cut chances and the US had few opportunities but scored when they got their chance. I can see that same scenario happening with Colombia against New Zealand or something similar to the Senegal game where we lost because we made 2 fouls and gave them PK's.

personally, I think we can get past New Zealand but it also would not surprise me to see us lose and we get past them im not convinced we'll get past Ukraine (assuming they beat Panama).

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dapip and Doogs repped this.
  14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That is a bit misleading.^^^^
    Trump claims to like it when immigrants do things the right way and legally claim residency , green cards and citizenship.
    So he actually would like the players on the US National team.

He would say that tweet posted by Pepino is Fake News. :ROFLMAO:

Froboy69 repped this.
  15. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'll be honest with you when it comes to politics I tend to believe less and less of the media. Each day information get more and more stretched...hell more recently it's gotten to the point where I just ignore all media reports on politics.

What a ********ing headache.

16. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1341 Bomb8, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Trump is often being accused of being a racist so he uses every opportunity to say something positive about latinos - which is not very often, but still. The truth is revealed when he talks about them in general. When they are crossing the border they are all criminals. The ones that are "legal" and doing good things are just execptions in his eyes.

The US has the right of defending its borders, but if people like Trump were honest they would admit USA has done its best to destroy many Latin American countries and that the immigration problem is almost completely their own fault.

villus, sidspaceman, dapip and 2 others repped this.
  17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    He occasionally says good things about Latinos and non-whites so white people have something to point at to say that he is not racist.

18. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exactly. And even if he genuinely likes a certain latin or non-white person doesn't make him non-racist. If you hold different standards for different ethnic groups means you are racist. I've seen the most racist white person say nice things about a black person if he/she does something heroic. That's the problem, you have to do something heroic to be accepted.

But in the end it really doesn't matter if Trump is racist or not. That's the least worrying thing about him.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Technically if you cross the border illegally and you work in the US without doing the proper paperwork that is a crime. People who do crimes are criminals. That is logical.

But anyway, let's keep this about the Sub20. This game against New Zealand is going to be a war and we have another thread for people to complain about Trump,

Froboy69 repped this.
  20. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Come on, I know you are not that pedantic.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I call a spade a spade. Tough love as they say.

22. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not very flattering of you if pointing out a pettier detail than a typo for you is "calling a spade a spade". I guess we are all criminals since we all have jaywalked at least once in our lifetime.

sitruc, villus, sidspaceman and 2 others repped this.
  23. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Let’s not get into politics this esrly in the morning please . Let’s tslk about the next game

Froboy69 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

jay luis, dapip, Azucarero and 1 other person repped this.
  25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I do not care about how I am depicted, flattering or not.
    I just read your post and said the truth.