Colombia Sub-20

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Baal88, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Equipo mixto para los centroamericanos. Un par de paquetes pero bueno, raro sería que todo fuera excelente. No veo lateral izquierdo en la convocatoria.

• GUSTAVO ADOLFO CARVAJAL GÓMEZ – América
    • YEISON ANDRÉS TOLOSA CASTRO – Deportivo Cali
    • MANUEL GARDANI ARIAS ARIAS – Cortuluá
    • JUAN SEBASTIÁN PALMA MICOLTA – Once Caldas
    • LÉYSER CHAVERRA RENTERÍA – Deportes Quindío
    • CHRISTIAN ANDRÉS MINA REYES – Deportes Quindío
    • NÉIDER BARONA SOLÍS – Equidad Seguros
    • YÉILER ANDRÉS GOEZ – Atlético Nacional
    • ANDRÉS FELIPE REYES AMBUILA – Atlético Nacional
    • HAYEN SANTIAGO PALACIOS SÁNCHEZ – Atlético Nacional
    • KEVIN LEONARDO MIER ROBLES – Atlético Nacional
    • MICHAEL LÓPEZ MARTÍNEZ – Envigado Fútbol Club
    • IVÁN ANDRÉS ROJAS VÁSQUEZ – Envigado Fútbol Club
    • LEONARDO FABIO CASTRO LOAIZA – Deportivo Independiente Medellín
    • HERNÁN ENRIQUE PERTUZ ORTEGA – Deportivo Independiente Medellín
    • BRAYAN EMANUEL VERA RAMÍREZ – Leones
    • LUIS FERNANDO SANDOVAL OYOLA – Junior
    • LARRY VÁSQUEZ ORTEGA – Club Tigres UANL (MEX)
    • JULIÁN ANDRÉS QUIÑONES QUIÑONES – Club Tigres UANL (MEX)

Azucarero, pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Larry es tan joven? el no era capitan de patriotas?

3. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Se podían llevar a 3 jugadores mayores de 21 años, esos son Larry Vázquez, Leonardo Castro y Hernán Pertuz. Para llevar a esos 3 más bien llevaba a otros sub 21 más bien.

4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Lopez and Rojas...

Quite a few guys on this roster were very talented when they were sub 20 but for some reason or other didn't make it to the Sudamericano or just didn't pan out

We always used to use this tournament to experiment with our upcoming sub 20 and 17 teams. Less than half these guys are young enough for that.

I can't tell if the coach's idea is to win the tournament or to try to get guys scouted; either way, there are far more talented/promising players in FPC...

5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lopez, Quiñones, Arias, Mina, Chaverra y Rojas tienen 21 años, todos estuvieron convocados en los microciclos de la sub 20 del año pasado, así que pueden participar en este torneo porque son sub 21, aun asi me parece una tonteria no llevar solo sub 20, la idea seria que tuvieran mas roce como preparación para el sudamericano no?

Azucarero repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Que pendejada...premiar mediocridad....si los tipos no tienen categoria para representar la de mayores no la van a tener para liderar a los jovenes...

pa eso llamen a ricardo laborde, el mismo rifle andrade...jugadores que saben llevar el nombre de colombia por lo alto

7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why is this thread still alive??? If for something that isn't related toe the south american tournament from last year then start a new thread!

8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The team debuts tonight against Costa Rica for the Centroamericanos.

Match starts at 8pm EST. There are 4 live signals on youtube, not sure which one will have the futbol match yet.

I'm not clearing out my schedule or anything for this, but if the younger kids play I'll give it a good look.

Doogs repped this.
  9. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'll watch It. Full report Tomorrow. LOL.

CalamityX18 repped this.
  10. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Subscribed!!!

Doogs and Baal88 repped this.
  11. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Pretty ugly first half so far against Costa Rica. Reminiscent of various teams coached by Lara

Castro - Quinones
    Toloza - Lopez
    Rojas - Vasquez
    Barona - Palma - Chaverra - Reyes
    Arias

Quinones is imprecise as hell with the ball but he's been Colombia's best just because of his pace and work rate.

CalamityX18 repped this.
  12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    So Colombia ended up winning 1-0 with a goal in minute 87 by Cristian Mina. The kids looked much better in the 2nd half, especially after Mina came on for Lopez.

If Vasquez was 5 years younger, I'd be super excited about him. Very calming presence in the midfield. Being how he's considerably more experienced than anybody else on the field, however, he leaves a bit more to be desired.

The back 4 was shaky as all hell. Even clearing the ball was a chore for them.

There's always nerves to get out of the way in the first match; hopefully the way they played in the 2nd half is more indicative of who this team actually is.

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where are you guys watching this?

14. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Just type in "juegos centroamericanos y del caribe 2018 en vivo" on youtube

There's a few different feeds.

15. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The second half was another team to be honest. I really liked Quiñones and Castro. Hell, I even liked Larry Vázquez and I think he sucked for a large chunk of the Game.

The first half they looked horrible, there was a disconnect between the fullbacks, the central midfielders and the wingers. A horrid mess.

Nonetheless the two center backs did well and Leyser Chaverra once again showing that he deserves to play at least in the first division of Colombian football. Very interesting prospect for the RB. And Barona, Who is a winger for Equidad did a horrible job in the first half as a LB but in my opinion was at least in the top 3 in the second half. And our best player in that half was Michael Lopez, who played as an Inverted winger in the right, and created two very important chances that were wasted, but he is too intermittent. The most disappointing player to me was Tolosa, he has a lot of talent but is still very immature, very bad decision-making. Costa Rica could have scored at least in two occasions but they either missed or Arias deflected, by the way, he is a very decent GK. Hopefully he starts getting minutes with Tulua.

The second half they looked like a different team. Iván Rojas (Who played in the box to box role) took more responsibilities and the team started dominating. Larry Vazquez did well as an anchor man. The entrance of Christian Mina changed the game for the best, he hit the bar and scored the winning goal after a wonderful pass from Rojas.

So overall, my ratings for the team are:

Arias (7)
    Chaverra (7)
    Barona (7)
    Reyes (6)
    Palma (7)
    Vazquez (6)
    Rojas (7)
    Lopez (5,5)
    Tolosa (4,5)
    Castro (6)
    Quinones (7,5)

Subs

Mina (8)
    Sandoval (6)
    Goez (NR)

Doogs and Azucarero repped this.
  16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well that explains why I couldn't find it; it was already over.

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so I came in here to ask about Yeison Toloza, judging by the rating you gave him he was crap.

However, I wanted to ask because i've seen snippets of him here and there and was wondering how he was doing lately, from what i've seen he's an explosive winger who links up well with his teammates and likes the one on one. Finishing isn't good but when was the last time we had a colombian winger who could finish.

Also, no Deiber Caicedo in the call up?

18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    also, when do they play again? I'm in the mood to watch some youth products. Hopefully the overall quality isn't too horrible.

19. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Caicedo never gets called to the camps... I find that odd, too, given that he has had way more exposure to Cali's first team than Tolosa

Baal gave a good summation of Tolosa's match, but I'll add something

In every single one of these youth teams, even the worst ones, there's always at least 1 kid who becomes a member of the senior squad. If I'm betting on just one player from today's match to make it big, I'm going with Tolosa. Despite his poor match, you can see that he's got something different about him.

Doogs repped this.
  20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If Tolosa isn't ready you can be sure as hell that Caicedo isn't either. Physically he would have suffered against this team. I think that Tolosa probably had a bad game, he passed when he had to dribble and vice versa, hopefully he learns from this game.

To me the U-20 players that played did well overall, this was a very experienced Costa Rica NT that has played together for a long time, and our players have been at it for a couple of weeks, the second half we dominated completely, so I feel very hopeful for them. Reyes seems like a decent coach, at least he isn't cowardly and despite playing players out of position like Barona, he took the best out of them. Also his substitutions were very good.

Doogs repped this.
  21. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    We play again on Sunday, at the same time against Honduras.

I'm going to try to watch Venezuela play tomorrow. From what I understand, their team is composed of that monster squad they had in the recent sub 20

Baal88 repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #447 Doogs, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    do you know at what time?

that Venezuela team was really good, hopefully those guys can make it in when they mature later on in their careers. Could seriously challenge for a spot in upcoming WC's if they do.

23. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    8 PM est

Doogs repped this.
  24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup. Gonna watch it too if it's going to be shown. They'll probably win the gold medal.

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ronaldo Lucena is part of this squad. I really hope that one day he'll contribute for Nacional because he is a talented player, I just hope we'll be patiant with him. This season he'll be loaned out to Tachira.