Colombia Sub-20

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Baal88, Apr 22, 2016.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Colombia Sub-20 perdió 0-2 en amistoso con Uruguay
    http://www.futbolred.com/seleccion-colombia/colombia-sub-20-perdio-0-2-en-amistoso-con-uruguay-84182

[​IMG]

haha, will someone please tell these kids that its rather obvious that they're on their tippy toes...

Doesn't look like we're getting great results from these friendlies. @Baal88 The Toulon tournament is no longer a consideration for FCF or even Conmebol? It used to be a pretty good warm-up for so many NTs ?

Time to be really worried as our federation keeps looking rather lazy.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    SNT has a World Cup next month and only 1 friendly...... they like to take their time and count their money

kromekote repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    With all that money coming into the FCF one would think they would be pouring money and preparing the next generation of youngsters. I know these are just initial phases of preparation but I would imagine that this summer the U20 will take a back seat to the WC so we lose even more time.... Hope I'm just worrying about nothing but that 2017 cycle was a bust and don't want to see us lose more ground.

4. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #404 Baal88, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Yes. It looks a bit worrisome, but take into account that the two teams Colombia played tend to have a very nivel structure going on, Venezuela is improving very fast in youth investment and development and Uruguay has always been one if the best.

Still I'm not excusing Reyes or the players, from what I've read he didn't call a right back and apparently Hayen Palacios is playing there. Besides, the team seems to be playing a 4-3-3, which seems to me very odd, because very few players actually play in a team that uses It.

In these categories I think they should use the most basic or widespread, 1-4-4-2 or 1-4-2-3-1 just to make It easier for the players.

This south american Championship we Will be the same thing as always, a lot of individual talent but very little collective play.

The starting lineup was:

12 – Juan Lemus
    3 – Andrés Reyes
    6 – Yeiler Goez
    9 – Rivaldo Correa
    10 – Yeison Tolosa
    11 – Luis Sinisterra
    13 – Fabio Delgado
    15 – Gustavo Carvajal
    18 – Hayen Palacios
    19 – Luis Sandoval
    24 – Sebastián Palma

I'm going to try to make the formations that the team has been using, the positions I know they play in and from the information I've gathered:

LEMUS
    ?---Reyes--Palma-Delgado

Carvajal-Goez

Sinisterra-Tolosa

Sandoval-Rivaldo

As you can see, I didn't put a right back, but since the only one left is Hayen Palacios, he probably played there. By ability I think he could fit there, tall, fast with decent technique, but I've never seen him play there.

kromekote repped this.
  5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    We really need to find the next Pekerman for our youth divisions...more so, this is obviously a change in paradigm that starts from the top.

Which outside of Colombian players would you think will make the U20 roster for the WC? Do you see Cucho being let go to play U20 considering his progress and impact ( used to be, it's not mandatory for clubs to lend out their players for U20 competition--not sure if that's still the case?). What about the 2 guys that play for Rayo B?)

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #406 Baal88, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Arango and Bolaños were born in 1998, so they can't. I doubt Cucho Will be with the team, but I Hope so. Still, he won't be enough. I think Arlex Hurtado from Tigres must be here. Hopefully Peñaloza, Garavito and Mejía from the U-17 are also called. Also Angulo from Envigado.

There are also a couple of kids in Argentina but I doubt they are the solution to the defensive problem. Anderson Arroyo must be the right back, that's where he's being played in Mallorca and hopefully he becomes one of the solutions. Also Carlos Cuesta from Nacional could be in this team.

kromekote repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thing is Cucho next season can be in the Snt but won’t start. If he is 4th choice striker I would expect him to play with u20

If he is 1st choice in Snt I wouldn’t expect him to go to the U20. Not saying that will happen

The James thing I get becauae we hosted the youth WC but he should have played both

8. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ganaron el segundo amistoso por 2 a 0. Goles de Yeison Tolosa y Luis Sinisterra.

Este fue el equipo titular:

1 – Reinaldo Fontalvo;
    3 – Andrés Reyes,
    6 – Yeiler Goez
    9 – Rivaldo Correa
    10 – Yeison Tolosa
    11 – Luis Sinisterra
    13 – Fabio Delgado
    15 – Gustavo Carvajal
    18 – Hayen Palacios
    19 – Luis Sandoval
    24 – Sebastián Palma

kromekote, pibe10 and jay luis repped this.
  9. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You can check the goals in this link, I didn't found it anywhere else. Very nice assist and goal of Yeison Tolosa, the kid is great.

10. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Convocatoria para los juegos Odesur. No hay lateral derecho en FPC al parecer.

KEVIN ESTIBEN VIVEROS RODALLEGA América
    GUSTAVO ADOLFO CARVAJAL GÓMEZ América
    YEISON ANDRÉS TOLOSA CASTRO Deportivo Cali
    JOSÉ DAVID ENAMORADO GÓMEZ Orsomarso
    FABIO ALEJANDRO DELGADO TACÁN Cortuluá
    JUAN SEBASTIÁN PALMA MICOLTA Once Caldas
    LUIS FERNANDO SINISTERRA LUCUMÍ Once Caldas
    JOHAN STIVEN CARBONERO BALANTA Once Caldas
    KLIVER EXNEY MORENO ROBLES Millonarios F.C.
    JUAN DAVID LEMUS QUINTERO Club Llaneros
    RIVALDO ANTONIO CORREA BARBOSA Deportivo Independiente Medellín
    BRAYAN STIVEN CARABALÍ BONILLA Deportivo Independiente Medellín
    YEILER ANDRÉS GOEZ Atlético Nacional
    ANDRÉS FELIPE REYES AMBUILA Atlético Nacional
    HAYEN SANTIAGO PALACIOS SÁNCHEZ Atlético Nacional
    BRAYAN EMANUEL VERA RAMÍREZ Leones F.C.
    LUIS FERNANDO SANDOVAL OYOLA Junior F.C.
    REYNALDO MIGUEL FONTALVO FREILE Barranquilla F.C.

kromekote repped this.
  11. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #411 Baal88, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Inicio con victoria de la selección sub 20 en los juegos Odesur. El gol de la victoria lo hizo Luis Sinisterra. El equipo creo que formó así:

-----Fontalvo
    Palacios-Reyes-Palma-Delgado

-------Goez----Carvajal
    Sinisterra-----------Tolosa
    -----Rivaldo-----Sandoval

Buena representación del Junior, que tiene a dos en la titular, Fontalvo y Sandoval. Destacado también lo de Nacional (3) y Once Caldas (2).

Los partidos los pueden ver por www.BoliviaTV.bo. Ahí realizan las transmisiones en vivo. Voy a ver si alcanzo a verme el próximo partido, que es el miércoles 30 a las 2:30 PM hora colombiana.

[​IMG]

GavoCol and Azucarero repped this.
  12. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No transmitieron el partido en el link que monté pero me enteré que la selección sub 20 ganó 2-1, con goles de Rivaldo Correa y Yeiler Goez. Esta fue la formación:

--------------Lemus
    Palacios-Reyes-Palma-Delgado

-------Carvajal--Goez

Sinisterra-------Enamorado

------Rivaldo---Sandoval

Azucarero and kromekote repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fontalvo tiene cara de buen arquero

14. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Es una viga. Ojalá dentro de poco empiece a jugar de titular con Barranquilla, así llega con buen ritmo. De momento va en una buena competencia con Lemus, pues ambos han jugado mas o menos lo mismo en sus clubes. Ambos rotando en equipos mas bien malos.

15. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Like these kids: they play decently and have real Colombian pride wearing our red socks with the home kid like real god damn Colombians.

Azucarero repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not trying to Jinx the team but a Colombian U20 actually winning :)

Seems like forever ago

Glad we finally got a remotely decent coach

17. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    U20s always do well in initial stages (except for 2017 when they really choked). We pretty much get to the final four and then tend to implode.

@Baal88, how many of this bunch do you actually see playing Sudamericano next year?

18. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #418 Baal88, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    At least 50% of them Will be in the sudamericano. The ones that with certainty will be there are Juan Lemus, Luis Sinisterra, Rivaldo Correa, Yeiler Goez, Fabio Delgado, Andres Reyes, Gustavo Carvajal, Sebastián Palma and Yeison Tolosa. The rest Will have to improve and show some consistency, but these nine Will be there, barring injury.

The right back and striker positions Will probably have some names that haven't shown up yet. I'd include Yimi Gómez and Reinaldo Fontalvo as the other two goalkeepers, but we have such an amazing generation of goalkeepers coming that I just can't guarantee that another one doesn't get in there. Probably one of these two will be on the final list.

19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Great to hear about a new generation of GKs.

villus and crzdcolombian repped this.
  20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Would be great to see the top talent for a World Cup next summer. Arroyo and Cucho would be a good showcase and to see how they stack up against top talent and improve their profile. I really would like to see Arroyo get to play at a high level soon, I know he's bought by Liverpool but they have 2 very young FB's who have had great seasons, think its going to be difficult for him to break through and assure PT there.

21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I think Baal has mentioned the issue with the Youth teams for Colombia, which is, that while they are athletically and skillfully bountiful, they lack the tools to bring cohesion and team play. So you get a lot if individualities like Pino, Darwin, Cucho and Carro locos but really very little team structure.

Usually in many Euro academies your training stems from the same core ideals so that your U15s, U17s U20s integrate well into molded Federation systems and eventually carry on these disciplines and tactics onto their senior team play and careers. Basically, the model being, is that you treat these kids at a young age with the same professionalism you would a pro. Argentina triumphed with Pekerman partly because they carried his structure along all their tiers. Sprinkle in some individualities and you have a very strong team with many titles.

Once he left, they've become, similar to us, a team built for the 'now' with no long term plan. That's why I have a hard time recognizing any U17s that ever even make it to the U20s. It's like every man for himself at FCF.

22. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Agreed, we produce talent but not sure we are preparing them as best we could. We need to clearly define our style and do that throughout, we've moved away somewhat from a team that is really about possession and passing. At these younger age groups we tend to have a ton of really great athletes, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the program going forward, we need to find better ways to get these guys in a system that utilizes specific goals to prepare them for the national team and/or careers. Our structure could be better, we are producing a lot of talent but it would be nice to produce a set style to get these kids working on other then relying on individual talent and athleticism.

Doogs and Azucarero repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like that name, "Reinaldo Fontalvo". Different from the standard colombian names we get.

pepinointer repped this.
  24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #424 Baal88, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Al final la selección sub 20 obtuvo el bronce contra Argentina. El equipo no perdió ningún partido, fue eliminado en semifinales por Chile pero desde penaltis.

El partido contra Argentina quedo 2-0, los goles los hicieron José Enamorado y Luis Sinisterra.

Goles del equipo:

Luis Sinisterra y Luis Sandoval 2
    José Enamorado, Yeiler Goez y Rivaldo Correa 1

De momento muy buenos resultados, no sé de sensaciones como vayan porque no he podido verlos jugar más de 45 minutos.

La titular fue:

-----fontalvo
    Palacios-Carabali-Reyes-Vera

--------Goez-----Carvajal

Sinisterra-------------Enamorado
    ------Rivaldo--------Sandoval

También es posible que haya sido otra formación, una 3-5-2 también tendría sentido con los jugadores que arrancaron.

25. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nueva convocatoria, esta vez para los juegos centroamericanos y del Caribe. Nuevos jugadores, 2 que no habían estado en ninguna convocatoria, los dos son mediocampistas, Edwin Laszo y Jaime Alvarado, estos dos últimos juegan en Europa. Recuerdo a Laszo del torneo nacional juvenil, jugo en la selección de Valle y era muy bueno en recuperación y distribución. Alvarado es muy bueno, es un volante mixto, me recuerda a Cuéllar en sus inicios.

Finalmente vuelve a la convocatoria un lateral derecho, Quelmer Hurtado de Bogotá FC.

GUSTAVO ADOLFO CARVAJAL GÓMEZ América
    JUAN DANIEL CIFUENTES VERGARA América
    ANDRÉS FELIPE ÁLVAREZ MOLINA América
    YEISON ANDRÉS TOLOSA CASTRO Deportivo Cali
    DÉIBER JAIR CAICEDO MIDEROS Deportivo Cali
    JOSÉ DAVID ENAMORADO GÓMEZ Orsomarso
    FABIO ALEJANDRO DELGADO TACAN Cortuluá
    LUIS FERNANDO SINISTERRA LUCUMÍ Once Caldas
    CARLOS ALBERTO ROMAÑA MENA Boyacá Chicó
    CRISTHIAN FERNANDO CANIZALES VERGARA Boyacá Chicó
    QUÉLMER HURTADO HERRERA Bogotá F.C.
    JUAN DAVID LEMUS QUINTERO Club Llaneros
    RIVALDO ANTONIO CORREA BARBOSA Deportivo Independiente Medellín
    BRAYAN STIVEN CARABALÍ BONILLA Deportivo Independiente Medellín
    YEILER ANDRÉS GOEZ Atlético Nacional
    ANDRÉS FELIPE REYES AMBUILA Atlético Nacional
    HAYEN SANTIAGO PALACIOS SÁNCHEZ Atlético Nacional
    KEVIN LEONARDO MIER ROBLES Atlético Nacional
    LUIS FERNANDO SANDOVAL OYOLA Junior F.C.
    CARLOS ANDRÉS ESPARRAGOZA PÉREZ Barranquilla F.C.
    EDWIN DAVID LASZO RAMOS Torino F.C. (ITA)
    JAIME ALBERTO ALVARADO HOYOS Watford F.C. (INGL)