Colombia Sub-20

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Baal88, Apr 22, 2016.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bernardo Redin for me is also an option, but he'll have to quit his job in Nacional I guess.

Like I said, one of our major failures in the Sudamericano, surely competing for the worst sub-20 team... What a waste

2. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #277 Baal88, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    I don't know... The thing that saddens me, is that we have so much potential, but Piscis just isn't using these kids the way he should. I can't believe that there isn't a single left footed left back born after 97 who's been playing regular pro football, and actually, I can think of two, Jesus Varona (America) and Alvaro Angulo (Pasto).

This team really missed Ceter in the Sudamericano, Piscis had a single plan (throw the ball to Ceter and hope for the best) but when he got injured he tried to keep doing the same thing with forwards who simply aren't good enough for that kind of game. He simply lacks the strategic mind to turn around a game, all he does is keep adding more offensive players to see if something sticks.

The sad thing is that we are still alive, sure, the teams we have to play are strong, but Piscis is a very lucky fella.

MiLo4891 repped this.
  3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope that we won't quality and he'll leave. We really won't do nothing in the WC with him anyway. Question is if he will go home for sure in case that we won't quality?

4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    he will stay. Lara was given the WORLD CUP even though he had choked to even make the WC for the 2009 cup.

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    genuinely scared at the thought of Lara being handed back the U-20 team if this guy leaves. Luckily he's with El Salvador now.

6. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who was coach when rodallega played

7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Colombia played abysmally in the 2011 Sudamericano literally months before that World Cup. He wouldn't have qualified to that one either. There are no consequences in this fed if you manage one of the youth squads

8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Lara. But that squad was a golden generation. And most of them were part of Rueda's core

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We all agree that Piscis is garbage but I do think that this team really isn't that good either. You can't lie for too long. We played average minus almost in all of our games, we received goals in every match beside Chile & Brazil. Most of the players didn't impress me at all and the ones who should be the leaders, also disappointed. Yes we lost Ceter, but I don't think that the difference would be that much. Look at the table, it's embarrassing. We have to accept that this is just an average squad of Colombia with a medicore coach.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a squad that he selected...

remember he ignored marlos , roger martinez, Roa and others before

ColombiaPAPA! and kromekote repped this.
  11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree, but according to @Baal88 , this squad could achieve more with a different coach. Maybe it's true, we know that there are several of great potentials here like Indio, Cucho, Ceter, Nike, Valencia etc. but maybe they are not capable of getting more. I mean, we played 7 matches; won 2, tied 2 and lost 3; we received too may goals and in general our games suck. Also, I didn't see anyone lead this team when we were down and needed some leader. Maybe we could've qualify with a different coach but I don't think that we would've play much better with the same players.

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

partly agree but there is NO identity with this team on the field. Every player is almost in a holding pattern when attacking and defending. It's as if each player were playing their own game. At this level, there should be some type of cohesiveness even if in ONE of their lines, be it defense, midfield or forwards. But that's not the case. And all that structure comes with coaching. A good coach will squeeze every bit out of their players and Piscis can't seem to do that. Clearly, Uruguay is notches above everyone else and we may still have a shot if Colombia wins their next 2 matches.

Baal88 repped this.
  13. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Will the federation get rid of Piscis after getting embarrassed by Ecuador? If not, what will it take for Piscis to get fired?

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I stand behind my words: worst sub-20, maybe along with 2007. I guess they just don't worth more than that.

MiLo4891 repped this.
  15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El bembem

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  17. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nothing is official; let's see what happens.

18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know that nothing is official but I also know jow the fcf works

pepinointer and crzdcolombian repped this.
  19. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow we eliminated Brazil by drawing with them lol.

pibe10, pepinointer and crzdcolombian repped this.
  20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And this! is for our elimination in the 2014 WC... Huh! ;)

Poor performance from our kids, really hope that Piscis will end his job with the FCF soon.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    keep reading that Picis is going to get fired.. but if it doesn't happen soon I think they are just going to wait for most colombians to forget about it. Like they did after his shit Olympics(again super pissed Pekerman didnt coach it because he is lazy as shit)

22. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think it's confirmed

crzdcolombian repped this.
  23. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Not yet. Apparently today the federation will decide his future, and it seems that Nelson Abadia (ex coach of the women national team) might be considered, according to El Tiempo. I think that would be cool, he is a very capable guy.

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The women didn't play all that great. The NT is a boy's club. It's who ever is friends with the guys in charge.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ha sido el mejor equipo de la historia femenino de Colombia

Derrotaron a una potencia cómo Francia en un mundial

Quiero saber qué sabes del potencial del equipo femenino para decir que no jugaron tan bien y que TAN CULPA ES DEL DT

UD ES UNA PERSONA TERRIBLE , MALINTENCIONADA Y AHORA HASTA MACHISTA