Colombia Copa AMerica SQUAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, May 28, 2007.

1. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    There is nothing wrong with Ecuador as an opponent on Saturday. there is something horrifically wrong, ridiculous, pathetic, and embarrassing about touting a friendly vs. real madrid/brasil/sudafrica, and then saying a few days before the game 'WOOPS, NEVERMIND, WE ARENT GOING TO PLAY THEM BECAUSE *insert pathetic excuse*'.
    That is maybe acceptable for a high school team who is playing friendly matches during the summer, not for a national team whose couch says his team intends to win the maximum football tournament in South America.

Ecuador is obviously superior to South Africa, but that is not the point. the point is about the perpetual incompetance of the people who supposedly are leading our national sport.

2. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

...depends how you view the glass...

instead of criticizing our federation, I APPLAUD the fact that Colombia REFUSED to play the game vs an 'alternate' South African side. If you think they're are problems on this side of the pond you should see how poorly things are managed in Africa. Bafana squared, just played an African Nations Cup qualifier and tied Congo in a game they almost lost. And apparently they may still not make it to next year's big African event.

3. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear what you're saying, I mean we havent been able to qualify but Ecuador has only gone becuase of the way they play in Quito, there not that good of a team. I mean how many points did they get away from home? I think it was 1. It's going to be very hard for them this time around. They might be in a battle for the 5th spot.

4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you are totally wrong....Ecuador and South Africa are avrage teams....Saudi Arabia qualify 4 times in a raw...why not play against them??? first of all, I ment that we should play sometimes vs. opponents who have different style of play and not south american teams all the time. second, Ecuador wasn't that good in the qualification. they qualified on Colombia's count cuz we haven't use our home better. 3 pts vs. venezuela, 2 pts vs. paraguay, 2 pts vs. chile and we are 2nd place already....and ecuador only got 1!!!! point in away matches!! please dont make them Brazil.

5. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we need to start playing new teams, we played ecuador not too long ago in a friendly with a 1-1 tie, goal de soto, we need new blood. with eliminatorias, friendlies, and copa america we could be playing ecuador 4 times already, whats the point, showing them all our secret weapons and letting them adapt to us.

6. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    heres the deal on moreno, and forget about whats he done at the club level, lets go with the NT level and facts, heres the latest; he came through against peru and ecuador big time (kept us in the race), didnt do anything against uruguay in montevideo, and then couldnt play against chile due to a yellow in the uruguay game (in comes Pacheco yikes), and that was it. is it safe to kick him out? at least tressor had some good games with the NT, i rather see him there than vargas. and as for ferreria, well its do or die for you in the copa america, hes never had enough playing time to shine, but lets see if in the copa america he does.

7. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007

lol secret weapons :D are those hidden in the same place saddam hussein hid his? :eek:

8. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lol, the more times two teams play the closer the game will be, why let them know us more if we are the better team, the secret weapon is elkin soto who will not play in the copa america and the friendly, hahahaha

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dude ecuador already plays like we do they ahve colombian coachs and use our style they want to be us... to bad for them we have better players. Either way I dont see this team taht we are sending as the same as the one we will have during qualifiers and much less the teams we will ahve July 2008. the young players in colombia are def coming threw and are very promising it would be insane not to let a few of them in the 1st squad soon.

as much as u guys will hate it I dont see Calero as the goalie for much longer, nor do I think we are going to be using such old playres for much longer either if u look at some of the best NTs you will see how young the players are. I just hope we have a striker scoring goals by the time qualifeirs start, hoping for Yanez to have a big year, hopefully Perea will actually play, Pino will have his breakout and Guarin will keep on doing what he is doing.

10. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    they just have to watch a video tape of one of our national teams games to know how we work, and they national team DT's are colombian, so we cannot hide anything from them.

all our team should do is worry about how we are playing, and practice. and i believe that they can copy us or study us all they want, for the most part, in the end our players are more talented than theirs, and talent cant be copied very easily.

11. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Definida la nómina de Colombia para la Copa América

Por fuera del grupo, del que hacÃ**an parte 25 jugadores, quedaron el portero AgustÃ**n Julio, el defensor Aquivaldo Mosquera, quien no logró recuperarse de una molestia en la rodilla, y el delantero Yulián Anchico, quien habÃ**a sido convocado para suplir la no asistencia de Sergio Herrera.

More...

12. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    se quedaron por fuera de la lista final Agustín Julio y Aquivaldo Mosquera (por lesión), me da pesar de Aquivaldo, pero fue por fuerza mayor. Ojalá su ausencia no nos haga mucha falta.

Pinto confirmó nómina para la Copa América
    6/21/2007

El técnico de la Selección nacional dio a conocer la lista definitiva de 22 jugadores que viajarán a Venezuela. Agustín Julio y Yulián Anchico no disputarán el certamen continental por decisión técnica, mientras Aquivaldo Mosquera no alcanzó a recuperarse de su lesión y tampoco hará parte del equipo que enfrentará el Grupo C de la Copa América, a partir del próximo 28 de junio.

Lista de jugadores

Arqueros:

Miguel Calero
    Róbinson Zapata

Defensas:

Iván Ramiro Córdoba
    Amaranto Perea
    Mario Alberto Yepes
    Jair Benítez
    Javier Arizala
    Gerardo Vallejo

Volantes:

Jorge Banguero
    Jhon Viáfara
    Jaime Castrillón
    Camilo Zúñiga
    Macnelly Torres
    Álvaro Domínguez
    Andrés Chitiva
    David Ferreira
    Fabián Vargas
    Vladimir Marín

Delanteros:

César Valoyes
    Hugo Rodallega
    Luis Gabriel Rey
    Edixon Perea

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I feel so disappointed for Aquivaldo:( he starting to fit in so well in the lineup and now he's injury...this is good squad, strong squad, still don't understand what Banguero and Benitez doing there but....let's put our faith in Pinto.
    I hope the lineup will be:

GK--Calero
    RB--Amaranto
    CB--Cordoba
    CB--Yepes
    LB--Arizala
    RM-Zuniga
    CM-Ferreira
    CDM-Vargas
    LM--Marin
    FW--Chitiva
    ST--Rodallega

14. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    You don't want Vargas holding by himself or Ferreira coming through the middle all the time. I like the midfield of Viafara, Vargas, Ferreira, Dominguez. Play to everyone's strengths...

15. elpipeman

elpipeman New Member

Nov 11, 2005
    ENVIGADO
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yo creo q la formacion va a ser:

-------------------------calero-----------------------------

zuñiga----------IRcordoba---------yepes------------Arizala

-------------------------Viafara----------------------------

-------------------------------------------vargas-----------

----------------------Ferreira------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Marin------------

----------------------Edixon-------------------------------
    ----------------------------------LGRey----------------------

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    me gusta... pero 2 enanitos en el medio campo no da ventajas. Tambien hay que decir que se nesecita un conductor vertical pero con pausa -- por eso McNelly o Al

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I will agree with you in the matter of Viafara and Vargas. I really love to see Zuniga as a RWM becouse in NAL he's a defender but less good in defense more usuful in offense. since Perea can play RB, I think Zuniga should play RWM. I also think that Rodallega and Chitiva, who played great together in the friendlies.

18. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think we can spare to have 3 solid 'CB' like Perea, IRC and Yepes with a defensive poacher that makes constant runs...even if a guy like Zuniga loses the ball those 3 guys in the back can cover very well.

19. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    Gaste 90 minutos viendo el espectaculo humillante de la seleccion.
    Apuesto que si hubieran puesto a los 11 jugadores del Cucuta deportivo que jugaron las semifinales de la Copa Libertadores, hubieran jugado un mejor partido y no les hubieran metido 5.

Ese equipo es un fracaso. Ojala pierdan todos los partidos (algo que sea muy probable), asi sera la unica manera de que renuncie el idiota de Pinto y se arme una nueva seleccion con jugadores que juegen en Colombia.

Como explicarse que Calero sea el titular cuando mientras Robinson Zapata que le atajo de todo a Boca Juniors en la bombonera este en la banca?

Apuesto que Pinto es tan inepto que va a volver a poner a Calero de titular.

Nuestro futbol todavia no se ha librado de la maldicion que fue Maturana.. el futbolito que juega la seleccion no sirve si no para perder.
    Ese futbolito nos ha eliminado de las dos ultimas copas del mundo.
    Por eso nos pinto la cara Paraguay. Lo unico que ha ganado Colombia en la ultima decada ha sido la Copa Libertadores que gano el Caldas, jugando un futbol que es lo opuesto a lo que juega la seleccion, un futbol anti-estetico, pero que da resultados.

Eso de tratar de jugar como Brasil solamente sirve si tenes jugadores de la calidad como la de la seleccion de el 94, y esa selecion misma fracaso en la copa USA 94.
    No somos Brasil, no tenemos delanteros contundentes, el tipo de futbol que practicamos en casa no sirve en el exterior.
    Despues de el Tino, y el tren Valencia, todos los delanteros Colombianos en Europa han fracasado.. no tenemos con que..

20. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    Cierto! Colombia have toque toque y despues pasan el balon pa tras. Deberiamos ensenar a los jugadores que el punto del partido es meter goles y no hacerle tres enganches a una defensa y despues pasar el balon pa tras. Ke decepcion ponerle todo el corazon a la seleccion pa ke nos hagan esto una falta de respeto y honra.

21. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    es algo muy simple que lo dijo Leonel Alvarez... estos jugadores no tienen compromiso como lo tuvo el grupo de el... hay que pensar que todo un pais tiene la esperanza puesta en ellos, pero parece ser que les vale guewo a la mayoria, no digo que todos, pero es que por favor! No habia un lider... o contra paraguay nadie reganhaba a nadie... que fue eso? yo cuando juego 4 contra 4 el que no se mosquea lo reganho, uno le pone empenho pa que no lo saquen de la canchita... y estos como que... ponerse la camisa de la seleccion es un bono en el cheque que si no lleva les da lo mismo.

22. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Que Massacre Tan Malo!!

Nada De Pasion O Ganas O Corazon!!

23. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

100% correcto, y las cosas no se van a poner mejor si siguemos poniendo jugadores de cinco pies en el medio campo

24. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    es verdad, por lo menos cuando nos fue mal en el 94 rincon reganhaba a todo el mundo dentro de la cancha