Colombia Copa AMerica SQUAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, May 28, 2007.

1. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is it me or why cant I find ANY news reports about the upcoming friendly. I've looked in South African news papers, BBC Africa, etc., and there is no mention of the friendly. Is this a done deal?

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    en la pagina de la dimayor, dice que sudafrica es conocida como Bafana Bafana, ¿esta fue la seleccion que estuvo en la copa oro pasada con colombia como invitados?

4. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    si, sudafrica es probablemente el peor equipo africano que yo e visto jugar. son debiles en defensa, ataque, y mediocampo. yo no se de donde salieron con este cuento de que sudafrica es un equipo de alto nivel y que son un buen remplace sobre el partido contra el real madrid o brasil.

ive never seen south africa not get owned on the field, but i suppose we dont have much of a choice considering the people who lead our football federation.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    millir light our sponsor is from South Africa.... and SA beate Mexico in the gold cup, but then again our crap team taht went did too... I mean its better than nothing, brasil wanted to play us the last week of may and we wanted to play b4 copa america so thats what happened. Look at least its not one of the same 4 teams we play like always. Colombia really has to play more teams than just SA and NA teams.... I mean Id prefer Costa De Marfil or Cameroon but u dont always get what u want

6. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

there are worst out there, trust me. However, this is the host of the NEXT WC. So it's a good thing for us to be exposed with this team. And the federation could have done worst..they could have scheduled the game in South Africa:eek:

7. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    That game has been canceled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parreira did not want to play

Bavaria is looking for another Team.

8. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

link??? I told ya so....

It was odd to me that there was no mention of it. Plus they're playing qualifiers for African Nations Cup.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    now they say were playin Ecuador... thanks for jinxin us... Is the most likely team as the coach wants to play us. I hate this ... its always ecuador, mexico or ********ing honduras !!!! Colombia needs to start playin diff teams cause this is gettin annoying we play each team at least 2-3 times a year

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    heres what's going to happen: if we win against ecuador, we'll go into CA thinking that we're going to kill everyone, and well crap out in the first round, losing to both Argentina and USA.....:( :(

but of course, we can always lose to Ecuador, and it will be ok :D (joke)

11. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Since the last time we played Ecuador (prior to WC)
    May 06
    Ecuador
    Romania
    Poland
    Germany
    Morocco
    Chile
    Uruguay
    Switzerland
    Paraguay
    Panama
    Montenegro
    Japan

...que mas quire mijo

12. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

so that means we should lose?

guys, it's a prep match. It can only help IMO. Ecuador is a WC team, let's not forget.

13. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    exaclty, doesn't really matter who we play at this point, as long as we play.

14. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOOD!!

I think we can get better competition than South Africa (no offense to them), in order to prepare for Copa America!!

I'm REALLY looking forward to this Copa, probably because it's the first time the USA has participated in 12 years & I want to see how Colombia looks before WCQ starts in September!!

Not to get ahead of myself but any idea when the WCQ schedule will be released??

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hey mate! did you know that Landon will not go to venezuela, he is asking for a rest.

I really think he wants to be around the galaxy to receive david Beckham!

16. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The WCQ schedule already got released. We start in October 13 or so against Brazil in a TBD site.

17. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops...thanks!! Guess I should check CONMEBOL or Colombian website for the schedule!!

18. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey efern,

Yeah, I heard that Landon wants to stay with the Galaxy (if we didn't start out SOOO bad, he might be "willing" to go) but he might not have a choice. I hear that he will be included in the roster!!

I'm not sure I want Landon going, if his heart & mind are not 110% into it but I think Coach Bradley will take him...and Landon did say that if he's picked, he'll play "his heart out"!!

As for Colombia, ANY chance Juan Pablo Angel will be called in...if not CA, how about WCQ?? He's been tearing up MLS & I think has earned a shot!!

And, I'm too lazy & busy to check back but is Tressor Moreno on the squad and, if not, where is he? Haven't heard much about him & I thought he had a GREAT future??

19. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    Tressor Moreno got kicked out of the squad for showing up late to practice, that guy does not care about the national team hope he doesnt come back till he is ready to give everything for the Colombian national team.

20. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he is playing for san luis en mexico and no he is not part of the national team. for showing up late for a concentration.

21. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info, guys!!

Si no tiene PASION para la seleccion, para el diablo con Moreno!! Pero que lastima!! Tenia MUCHAS posiblidades de futbolista, me parece!

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Moreno was promising in the youth cup in 99 or 2001 not sure which team he was on then went to France and was still promising he prob should have stayd with Metz, but he has always had discipline problems and went from team to team for the past 5-6 years. He has alot of talent but so did Asprill and Johineer and look what they did with it. Colombia has alot of players like this but we need ones that would kill to be on the team who are not only hungry but are also thirsty to play and represent their country. I dont care if we lose as long as every player give all he can to win, u cant win every game but at least try and Tessor doesnt just look at his gold cup preformance, after he got signed in mexico he could give 2 shits about colombia and had a bad tournie

23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    South Africa will be in the next world cup (as hosts) and they are certainly not the worst in Africa. Benni McCarthy had a fantastic debut in the Prem this year and would have been a great challenge to mark for any of our back four. Shame we won't get to play them.

Hope our friendly is replaced with a worthwhile opponent.

24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ecuador. they're OK, but I think we need friendlies with more European opponents, first class and 2nd class opponents are recommended. by the way, someone knows when Pinto will publish the final 22 players??? hope Banguero, Benitez and julio won't be there....i still can't belive he didn't call Ospina, Falcao and Montero. but I'm counting on him

25. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

ANY team that is coming from 2 straight World Cups is first class. Ecuador >>South Africa + they're a potential Copa America opponent + WCQ start in Oct so we need a good idea as to what our level at the moment is looking like..