Colombia Copa America 2019 (Brazil)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by kromekote, Dec 21, 2018.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    no it' not, but it's a huge start to be taken seriously. And it can't be ignored. It's also how you play during a tournament. Hence why defensive bunkering teams that have been successful and won (thinking Greece in Euros) don't tend to get a ton of accolades/recognition/respect. If Peru wins the Copa and while it doesn't guarantee anything I do think doors will be opened. While we've had players abroad going back a while, Argentina was usually a pretty high 'top' our players could achieve going back to the culminating in the success of Boca Jrs trio.

Once those players started winning titles and competing at the highest levels, other leagues took notice and started making the jump to 2nd tier leagues in Europe and eventually to top tier leagues and teams. I see lots more Peruvian players just in the past 2 years in Mex, Arg and Brazilian and 2nd tier Euro clubs so the 'exportation' has def started and this is a show of respect.

However, this next generation of Peruvian players will need to take advantage of and make the right decisions. The likes of Benavente and even Carillo did not speak well for making good choices despite having the talent and being at good points in their careers.

dapip repped this.
  2. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Peru up by 2 against Chile... What the hell happened to us :oops:

dapip and CalamityX18 repped this.
  3. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pues hombe, la cagamos. Que mas se dice. JAJAJA

dapip, J-Mezzy, jay luis and 1 other person repped this.
  4. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We played with 2 Zombies..... and didn't shoot at goal

6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Peru is playing really good. Guerrero is dominating the Chilean back line without really scoring or assisting, but his link up play and ability to occupy and draw the CB's is creating all the space for all of their chances. Sigh what could have been if we played Duvan, who is an improvement on Guerrero in a few other areas with all the same good attributes he's using to dictate play in this game.

Garreca again working miracles, Peru had a stinker against Argentina but they've been fantastic today and its crazy how much he's got from such a limited squad.

Azucarero and Doogs repped this.
  7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im not watching the game but stuff like this makes me sad for colombia, everything just feels like a merry-go-round, a seemingly endless cycle. Doesn't matter what we have, results are relatively the same.

and to think Brazil put 5 past Peru.

8. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I have no idea how Quieroz didn't see the way to play against Chile, Guerrero over and over again is getting Peru into attacking areas by showing for the ball and then allowing midfielders and wide players to stretch them wide and use their press against them. Literally Guerrero looks like he's playing against kids and we decided to play Falcao. Don't get me wrong Peru's midfield is doing a great job defensively but their offense is all running through Guerrero's link up play.

TrickyCoonVic and Azucarero repped this.
  9. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    You have a point, and I think if you look at our team and squad on the whole we do have better players than Peru. But Peru after the first part of qualifying were the better team, and played very well at the World Cup even thought they didn't get out of the group. The Sum is more important then the parts, and Peru has done really well with good players, but not a ton of guys who necessarily stand out. Our players are less regarded typically then Argentina and Brazil and you guys are behind us and Chile as well, its just the way it is with exposure.

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it goes down to results and consistency

11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I also don't think we should be saying Chile is bad as much as we should be saying that Peru had an amazing performance and anyone leading up to the World Cup who didn't think Peru is good, go watch that game and get back to me. They embarrassed Chile at the end, and used their press against them really well. We should be humble and learn from Chile and Peru in this tournament, Chile's press and Peru's calm precision on how to use a pressing teams bunching against them.

Rickdog repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Culpa de pekerman

J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zombies with good cjances and táctics can perform.....scape goats players and coaches... isnt smart

jay luis repped this.
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @SiempreCrema 3
    @Rickdog 0

I love it! Congrats Peru for having more nuevos than us and sending Chile into the downward spiral they are about to go on

pibe10, pepinointer, Doogs and 2 others repped this.
  15. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Carrillo had a terrible season with Watford to be fair, but I think the problem with Peruvians is that they don't have very good agents. Which is why I hope Fernando Felicevich opening an office in Peru will help out. Tired of the same agents doing the same old thing.

We are not as limited as we look. The problem with the average Peruvian player is that they are lazy and even more so at club level.

pepinointer repped this.
  16. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Thanks!

To be honest, we did to Chile what you guys should have done. You'll have your revancha at some point. Next year the final is in Colombia, so there is some extra motivation :)

ryu79, pepinointer and Doogs repped this.
  17. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    After the Chile Peru game i am more than convinced that the most influential factor in our defeat was CQ. The set up was wrong from the get go but whats even worse he never fixed it.

pepinointer repped this.
  18. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That was a very heavy defeat for chile. beating the tougher team and then losing against their rival BAD. mortifying for them

19. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    IMO-CQ only been DT for 4 months? I've seen huge leaps with him at the helm. THere is no question he is a better DT than Pekerman. Sorry to all the Pekerman widows. Is time to moved away from Falcao starting. It is truly unfair for Duvan not to start at this point. Falcao can be a super sub at this point in his career. It is also time to allow Diaz to start.

praxis.en and villus repped this.
  20. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i wonder if there was any pressure for falcao to start?
    same with cuadrado.

I dont doubt CQ is a capable man and i do hope him the best of luck bc he will need it. however we cant deny that he did have a lot to do with colombias failure.

at this point was it even worth playing that match against paraguay with a completely different team if what he needed is time to work the group?

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah queiroz have only been in charge for 4 months but he didnt received what pekerman, pinto, rueda and the same bolillo received.....he received a solid national team , that can improve a lot of....but he didnt receved a mess....is like the people that was asking time for suarez after messes the work comesaña made for junior.

At this moment....with queiroz in results in copa he didnt was better than bolillo and pekerman for example.

Yeah we didnt received goals because of the var....but in the overall was very similar....same or wore instance... few goals scored

I m not sure if matheus will be used again with that confidence was used... so is possible that we finished using 3 "5"s again....because could be the best players yhat we can line up in midcamp...

pibe10, dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    at the time the Paraguay match took place everyone was raving at his genius mind and NT parity in so many positions. There was high-risk (yellow cards + possible injury) with zero reward. He did the right thing.

Futbol can be illogical. A week ago Peru was on the verge of elimination based on a thrashing by the home team. Not only was the scoreline bad for Peru but I had not seen a worst Peru play in Gareca's era. They had only beaten Bolivia and had one of the easiest groups but no one gave them a remote chance vs Chile or Uruguay and yet here they are in the finals. Who knows what Peru team shows up for the final and that's where the inconsistencies in a long process like qualifications can cost you but in a short tournament they are 90 minutes away from lifting a trophy.

dapip repped this.
  23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Overall I think CQ is for sure moving us in the right direction, I think he made one mistake with he captain and a big Colombian favorite, but I think he didn't want to rock the boat too much. I disagree with that but I do think he set us up in the right formation and generally speaking has got it right, he's only had a small amount of time with the team but I think he's giving us a good framework to then expand over the next year into WCQ. I was against him in the beginning but I think he'll do us well, I really can't imagine he sticks with Falcao starting but if he does then I'd probably change my mind.

Uribe and Cuadrado fit with what we need from 8's in a midfield 3 but I do think that they both didn't do amazing and very well could have their spots up for grabs, I just have a hard time seeing which players in our pool fit that profile to play there, hopefully they raise their game or someone else pops up.

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why do we have to pin them against each other?

I think they both have done we and they both made critical mistakes.

I for one am happy that we are past the bolillos and company and have had 2 very capable managers

dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah im out as soon as those types of conversations start.

pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.