Colombia, Chile or Uruguay?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Caturro, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Which team do you think/hope will make it to the game against Australia?

To be honest, I don't think any of these teams should go to the world cup. :(

Either way, I wish Chile could make it just because I was born there. If I said they have a chance of having a good representation in the world cup, I'd be lying to myself. Although, I do believe in miracles... and not losing to Colombia in Barranquilla REALLY gets close to that. :)

I don't mind if Colombia goes... but if Uruguay goes, I'll be throwing ******** at my TV every time I see them play. Your thoughts?

2. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    i hate to say it but i think argentineans are gonna let Uruguay win next game

i would like to see Chile or Colombia in the world cup too!!!

3. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

I don't think is too crazy to believe that Chile will make it.
    You know, Chile and Ecuador have always had a great relationship. Chile has always supported Ecuador when Peru comes into the way. Who knows, maybe the diplomacy will come into play and Ecuador will be nice to Chile.

I'm also really hoping that Argentina goes out and play! If they do the Brazil thing of testing players, that is just going to help Uruguay... plus, Argentinians don't like Chile all that much, even less after what Salas did.

The one thing I'm almost sure is Paraguay beating Colombia... one thing less to worry.

4. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you are right, Paraguay will finish the job Chile started; crushing Colombia's dreams.
    I think Suarez will try an experimental side to face Chile. That may give Chile an edge, but on the other hand, this is how stars are born.
    i somehow think Urguay is going to beat Argentina and we will see the same teams in the WC from Conmebol.

5. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    i hope to see uruguay go to the world cup but ...if it came down to chile and colombia i'd have to go with colombia they have a better team and plus there cool ass people

6. Soy Celeste

Soy Celeste New Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't think Uruguay will blow the home advantage, as long as they play like they did in Colombia.

7. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Chile has the best chance. They'll be playing at home, at sea level, against an Ecuador already in.

Colombia should be out. They already showed time and time again that they are a gutless team. The only way Colombia beats Paraguay is if the paraguayans sell out for a few dollars like they did the last time.

Uruguay has a MORON for a coach. How can you explain what he did in Quito? He's playing back, looking to counterattack and he puts Morales, the slowest guy we've got, up front. And he leaves Forlan, Zalayeta(who scored the 3 goals against Colombia), and Estoyanoff on the bench, and he does not even call up Chevanton. And then he puts in Dario Silva who has not played a game in months. Like the italians say: INCREDIBILE!!!
    The game with Argentina could go either way. It's a clasico, a derby.

The question I have is which is better? To go to the World Cup with this moron as the coach, playing defensively, hoping to get a goal and then throw the whole team back and defend, like a small team, hoping to get to the second round, you know, like Ecuador. Or stay at home hoping that it brings down the coach, all the corruption in the AUF, and especially Paco Casal and Tenfield which are a cancer that has been eating uruguayan soccer for years. My brain is telling me the last choice is the best one, but on Wednesday I know my heart will be pulling for those players only because they are wearing that glorious CELESTE.

8. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Tough question. If they didn't do their homework on time why should we reward (sp)them? Venezuela tried above their limitations, but its out of the question. If I were to choose, I would like the one that will not be dangerous to my team when and if we meet in Germany, but that is being too selfish. I want a team I can respect for what it's going to do against any other confederation team. I don't want just a filler. That 5th team should know how to go beyond 1st round. In this case Ecuador should know how to play out of their altitude advantage.
    Later

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Paraguay will most likely use an experimental side and Colombia will be desperate for points but Paraguay hasent lost a home game in years and i dont think they plan on losing this record anytime soon, so i can see it being a draw, Argentina wont wanna lose to Uruguay because their egos and the rivalry with Brasil wont wanna let Brasil finish in first place so i can see that being a draw as well, i think Chile has the best chance since they will be playing which will probably be an experimental Ecuador side in Santiago. So i say Chile goes through.

10. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    last time you guys lost at home was against us

11. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Just remember the circusntances. :D

12. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Its going to be URUGUAY like it or not

the same 5 from last time...

I know for a fact Australia dont want uruguay
    last time they came to el glorioso montevideo they were spit on at the airport and their bus was busted up by bricks and rocks on the way to the hotel.. on game day it was also pelted with more bricks and rocks..

Hey Australia guess what should it be chile or colombia you will be treated the same..... and thats not including the number mother nature will throw at you should it be in colombia..........

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

See you in asia where you wont qualify also!!

13. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    que bonito q tratan alos visitanes, por eso nadie los quiere

parecen paises del ultimo mundo , ya crescan!!!! maduren!!!!

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    funny thing is that they think they can thump the 5th place South American team ( just like last time right? :rolleyes: )

jajajajajaja someone needs to tell them that this aint the Solomon Island they gonna be playing.

15. Soy Celeste

Soy Celeste New Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Toronto
    I agree Fossati is an idiot, but I'm sure that he won't continue the defensive play he tried against Ecuador if the team was to make it to the WC and I don't think the way we treated the Australians is a thing to brag about, especially since Uruguay got a warm welcoming in Australia(atleast from what I read).

16. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i have this odd feeling that whoever faces australia (i think uruguay, but hope colombia), is going to lose. I know for a fact that australia is a much improved team than in previous qualifying campaigns, and yes all three teams are strong and not like the solomon islands, but man- ive got this thing in my head tellin me australia is going to make it to Germany. (maybe its cause Guus Hiddink is the coach now)... neways, it should be a crazy match to watch... good luck

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, lets be clear. What do we have to do to make sure Uruguay qualifies?

:D

18. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I think Uruguay is gonna face Australia.

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think next time Argentina should play Uruguay in the first week, not the last. Then we would kick their ass as they deserve.

20. SpiderManya

SpiderManya Red Card

May 5, 2005
    technotitán
    next will be 2 groups of 5.argentina-brasil probably in different groups as it was 'til usa 94 quals

21. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    You've been trying to do that for the last 100 years, my friend. But even though we suck, even though we don't have the money, even though the AUF is full of crooks that only care about filling their own pockets, even though we have a moron for a coach, even though we loose 3-0 at home to freaking Venezuela, etc, etc, it never seems to happen.
    These games are "clasicos". It's like a Boca-River.
    You, and the brazucas, know, or should know, better.

22. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's not confirmed, is it??

also, I don't like ready crap about how Ecuador need to learn how to play outside of quito. we got some nice away wins, or good results away. no one says anything about Colombia only able to win at home. the fact is, every team plays better at home, that's why it is called HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

back to topic, I don't like it, but I think Uruguay is going. Colombia is as good as done. No way Paraguay will slip up. Colombia is screwed.

Chile, the most i see is a draw. Ecuador will be using a experimental team, but sometimes, it is unpredictable and a good chance to give a future star a chance. I know for sure Hurtado and Tin will be missing in this game, so it should be interesting.

Uruguay, although I didn't like their tactics, will get the win against Argentina. I just hope they don't put 11 guys behind the ball like they did to us. Makes for a dull game when only one team is playing.

23. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    The advantage that the southamericans(whoever it is) is that they have been in wars for the last year or so, they're sharp, used to the pressure, nothing the Australians might do scares them, going to Sidney will be like a vacation.
    The Australians have been sitting on their asses for months after beating the Salomon Islands, for God's sake!!! As soon as the first stones start hitting their bus in Santiago, Bogota or Montevideo, they'll soil their pants like they did the last time.

24. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Considering the results from today, Argentina needs at least a tie with Uruguay to finish first in the group (since there is no way Brazil is going to lose to Venezuela in Brazil).
    Paraguay will beat Colombia.
    Chile can work miracles at home... so I'm just hoping they do this Wednesday!

25. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Australia has a better coach than last time, but that's it.

Mark Viduka isn't the player he was four years ago, and Harry Kewell DEFINITELY isn't as good. He's been injured a lot and has let it get into his head.

At least they have that Aloisi guy who plays with Alaves in La Liga.

They're paper thin.