Collins John - The Real Deal?

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by American Mike, Apr 13, 2004.

1. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    What a start this kid has had. 4 goals in 120 minutes of Premiership football...OUTSTANDING!

Not many people know of this kid but I am wondering if anyone knows about him and if he really is this good?!

Cheers.

2. GCSOCCER19

GCSOCCER19 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    North Carolina
    The kid was was absolutely murdering it at 17 and 18 for FC twente in Holland, I believe he knocked in something like 10 in 20 games and was also staring for the U-23s in holland knocking in quite a few also....

Unbelieveable wheels on the guy, great on the 1v1, no **************** just a simple touch past and beat him with speed, has scored goals everywhere he has gone so cant argue with that...

Only knock I have heard on him and seen so far is that he needs to improve his finishing, for example against BlackBurn the other day he missed a gimme that could have tied the game....unfortunate

Go to FulhamFC.com and read about him in the boards, Fans are loving him so far, of course who wouldnt if you were scoring at that rate, only bad thing is that it might move McHead down the pecking order a bit in the striker slot...

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Erm... he actually is in the Holland under 19s at the moment. He's only 18. Also, he's never played for other professional clubs apart from Twente. He came to Holland as a Liberian refugee at the age of 12 and the Twente youth academy soon spotted him.

But yes, he's been brilliant for us (I'm a Twente season ticket holder). In the youth leagues he outscored all Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV strikers. I was sorry to see him go, obviously, but good luck to him.

4. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Of course the fans love him on the fulhamfc boards. If you have ever interacted with the crew of hardcore fans on it you would realize that its always a love/hate relationship with anyone on the team.

Should Collins not score in his next game, some fans are gonna say he's a one hit wonder...blah blah blah.

But who wouldn't love John right now...he's impressed and put the ball in the back of the net. I was just wondering if someone knew his strengths/weeknesses and I thank you for the insight!

COYW

5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    besides the ball at the end of the game, i've been impressed with his finishing. How many times have we seen fulham develop a play only to have hayles or boa morte or mcbridge hit it over the bar. if this kid can finish a fraction of the opportunities Fulham creates it will completely change the dynamic of the whole team

6. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    John still impresses me...had a good game vs. Liverpool but had a 'gimme' blocked.