College Referee Questions

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Footballer, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Footballer

Footballer New Member

Feb 12, 2000
    CT
    Hi, I'm taking my college referee exam very soon and I've read the NCAA soccer rules book but I want to ask for some clarifications. Please help.

Section 3.2 Game Roster

I'm a little confused after reading this: "The game roster submitted to the official scorekeeper and the opposing coach shall include each player's total number of cautions and ejections in the columns beside the players' names. In addition, the roster shall include the name(s) and number(s) of the suspended player(s) and date(s) of the suspension(s). Further, the copy submitted to the referee shall not include each player's total number of cautions and ejections."

Question: Does this mean actually there are two versions of the game roster? Referees get a different version? I suppose the idea is that we shouldn't know how many cautions or ejections have been issued for the player(s).

Section 3.3 Number of Substitutes

Question: I just want to make sure that there is unlimited substitution in college soccer. I don't think the rules book actually says so, it only says how many can be subbed at any given time.

Section 7.1.2.1 KFTM Procedures

Question A: If before we get to KFTM, there was an ejection during the match, do we have to reduce to equate? (It doesn't look like it from my reading)

Question B: If before we get to KFTM, there were two ejections from a team, does it mean that team can ADD one (let GK take a kick) or two players (don't let a GK take a kick) to fill out their 10 designated kickers from their game day roster?

Section 12.13 Tobacco Policy

Question: Just to be clear, I can "disqualify" a player/coach/game personnel for using tobacco? Does this entail issuing a red card? I would think no, but just making sure.

Sections 12.14 and 12.15 Caution and Ejection

Question: Just to be clear, we can show a card to anyone listed on the game roster?

2. gosellit

gosellit BigSoccer Supporter

May 10, 2005
  3. NJ Ref

NJ Ref New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Central New Jersey
    Section 3.2 Game Roster

Yes, there are two game rosters….the one for the referee does not include misconduct…they don’t want you to know who the troublemakers are on the team…you get to figure that out yourself.

Substitutions

I don’t know what book you have but simply put, no re-enter in the first half, one re-enter in the second half.

KFTPM

In tournament play, 10 players are picked…regardless if players were ejected during the match. The 10 players pick must be on the roster…not like USSF where they are the players on the field. Now if one of the 10 are ejected during the “kicks” than the other team may reduce to equate.

Section 12.13 Tobacco Policy

I don’t have my book with me…not sure on this one

Sections 12.14 and 12.15 Caution and Ejection

Yes!

Hope this helps.