Colchester vs. Spurs, EFL Cup, Sept. 24, 2:45 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Sep 23, 2019.

1. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In position to compete with a League Two team.

Ugh.

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    At least we kept a clean sheet away from home. Har-dee-har-har...

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    2 wins in our last 16 away games in all comps. Shocking.

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    the wheels are well and truly off. if we're as big as Levy seems to want us to be - and i'm by no means saying we are - Poch can't have much time left.

i hope i'm wrong, but i really don't see it turning around. l love poch, and i want him here as long as he wants to be here ... but it doesnt seem that he does. and IF he does, then he really effed up with that 'maybe i'll move on' shit in May, because plenty of those who had bought into him have already moved on in their heads.

it's time for some folks to do so physically, i fear.

BalanceUT and electrickeeper repped this.
  5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Sorry, I misspoke - this is NOT his level, he is not even worthy to be playing League football, he wouldn't even get into a pub team. Wanyama is diaboilcally bad, Brugges must be counting their blessings.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Our big problem is we have 5 players in the squad who either don't want to commit to the club contractually or who the club (or more precisely the manager) don't want.

Don't want to commit: Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen
    Manager doesn't want: Rose, Aurier

Now these aren't exactly reserve guys. To be fair, all of them have given their best on the pitch, with the exception of Eriksen, who thought he was heading to Madrid and now can't be bothered to show up for us. We could have a situation in January where these 3 players reach agreements with new clubs on a free transfer. Now how do you think our season is going to go if that happens? Then you have to ask why won't these guys commit? Are they unhappy with the manager? It is a possibility, Jan has already questioned the manager's tactics in training.

7. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's a fine kettle of fish.

8. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ********, I don’t care for the carabao cup, but I have a very sour taste in my mouth...

9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i've had a few pints here in Indy with a mate who is Spurs, and we've talked shop (work) and then moved on to Spurs. at some point the conversation got around to "who do you want?". i can elaborate later on the rationale that got me there, but after throwing out a few names i tossed in Chris Hughton. and we discussed it and threw out some more csndidates ... and the more it percolated, the more convinced i became that Chris Hughton is the man for me.

i mentioned, mindst thee, that should i present my choice publicly i would be mocked and ridiculed, but that i would stand by it. i post it now not to test the former claim, but the latter. i wonder if it will make as much sense tomorrow. we shall see. did i mention that i'd had a few?

electrickeeper repped this.
  10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    You know, it is not crazy at all, Chris has a long connection with the club as a player and coach.

11. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. He wouldn't be my top choice, but he's in my top 5.

12. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    United narrowly avoid a similarly embarrassment.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    After yesterday I just can't bring myself to watch any football, I am too depressed.

Even seeing West Ham lose 4-0 to Oxford United and Arsenal drawn away to Liverpool brings me no pleasure.