Cod4/5/pes2009

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by mshankb, Aug 7, 2008.

1. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've never really been into FPS games, but shit the bed, COD4 is AMAZING. I can't wait for COD5.

The new Pro Evo game is out in October, too and won't have been rushed unlike 2008. I confidently predict PES2009 for the 360 will be the best football game ever.

2. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    :eek: Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!. Don't ever play video games! They are evillllll!!!!!!!!!!!!. They incite people to do wicked acts :mad: Did you hear about the kid in Thailand ?! He killed an innocent taxi driver because of video games. Think about that taxi driver's family's grief. He is pushing up daisies all because of the monstrosity that is video games. His family will be traumatised forevermore . This is proof that video games are evil and ought to be banned! They are also addictive and cause people to neglect the finer points of life.

DOWN WITH VIDEO GAMES!!!!!

However, a small proportion of video games are alright , such as the new Tellitubies (or however you spell it) game coming out. That one isn't harmful or addictive.
    :)

In general though, video games are EVIL!

Also, to mshankb, since you have played video games already, you must immediately go to video game rehabilitation centres. Hopefully, your mind can still be purged of video gaming corruption.

3. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Er, skipping ahead of 8-0..

I have COD4 but I don't play it too much, I'm not so great on it..do you have it on PC? Maybe we could play some time if you do. (when I'm back home though)

I also have PES 2008 and personally I really enjoyed it - I thought it plays much better than the previous one (07 probably, but the one before I have it as Winning Eleven 2007 I think). I have it for PC also. I get both FIFA and PES now and I'm happy with both of them so in no way am I a fanboy, though I am probably much much better at any FIFA game since I played for much longer, especially 08 on the 360(though I don't play too much anymore, while many things about it are fantastic, there are frustrations too, example = AI can't score 1 v 1 against you, usually just run into the keeper, and there are parts of the field where scoring is pretty much impossible with a keeper in the net - in real football you could score from anywhere!)

Sorry for the long post :cool:

4. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    PES2008 came after PES6. On the PS2, PES08 is awesome, on the next gens it's rubbish though.

I hate FIFA. I've played the most recent one extensively on 360 (which is what I play COD on, too) and... I just don't like it.

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Meh...football is supposed to be played on a pitch :)

Greatest collection of games ever are the civilization series...which is now out for the 360 and will be picked up by yours truly this very weekend.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    PES 08 for the Wii is a lot of fun and a lot better than the FIFA series. Now if NHL 09 is released for the Wii.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Does anybody know why i always happen to play against Chelsea when i play random matches on Xbox Live?I bought an Xbox 360 recently, and snatched PES 08 on the cheap, and whenever i play on XBL, i always play against people that play as Chelsea.

Anybody up for a game of PES08?I am relatively new to XBL, can you actually play against other players by choice or is it all random?