Cocis - any good?

Discussion in 'Romania' started by Forza Moskva, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Loko has bought him, I was just wondering what you guys thought of this player since he is a Romanian NT player.

Thanks in advance

2. Edgar

Edgar Member

Re: Kocis - any good?

I'm kind of dissapointed. Romanian players usually fail in Russia. No offence to Lokomotiv, but I think Razvan Cocis should have signed for a Romanian club. I know Steaua was keen to get him.
    In my opinion, Cocis is a very good offensive midfielder and can create a lot of chances for the strikers.

3. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

Why are you disapointed? The Russian league will pay him more, and is certainly more advanced/better than the romanian league. He will definately grow as a player more so in the RPL

4. Edgar

Edgar Member

Name one Romanian player who did well in the RPL. I was hoping for him to move to Holland /France. Anyway, I'm relieved he finally got out of Sheriff.

5. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

Tamas and Ienci played well during their time at Spartak. Sorry, those are the only two I know of.

6. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

Tamas was average in Russian and Iencsi? He basically wasted alot of time there. Romanian players are better suited to play in places other than Russia. It's a good move right now for Lokomotiv but it in all reality will end up being a pointless move and he will come back to Romania in 2 or 3 years. Hope I'm wrong though.

7. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

well in our preason matches hes played 3 games
    1st one hes got 1 assist, 2nd one 1 assist, 3rd one 1 goal.

8. Edgar

Edgar Member

Tamas was loaned back to Dinamo Bucuresti during his time at Spartak. Iencsi didn't receive an offer to extend his contract, so he's back in Liga I with Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt. As Toon said, Romanian players have a hard time adapting in Russia. Although, the move to Lokomotiv is definitely a step forward and I hope he does well.

List of Romanian players who played at one time in the RPL

Marian Alexandru (Alania Vladikavkaz)
    Iulian Arhire (Alania Vladikavkaz)
    Marius Bratu (Uralan Elista)
    Zeno Marius Bundea (Zenit Sankt Petersburg)
    Daniel Chiriţă (Zenit Sankt Petersburg)
    Cristian Dancia (Torpedo Moscow)
    Mihai Draguş (Torpedo Moscow, Lokomotiv Nizhniy Novgorod)
    Nicolae Adrian Grigore (Alania Vladikavkaz)
    Adrian Mihai Iencsi (Spartak Moscow)
    Laurenţiu Lică (Alania Vladikavkaz)
    Raul Marincău ( Uralan Elista, Uralan "B" Elista)
    Damian Militaru (Shinnik Yaroslavl)
    Florinel Cristi Mirea (Alania Vladikavkaz)
    Alin Poenaru (Chernomorets Novorossiysk)
    Valeriu Ionuţ Bordeanu (Kuban Krasnodar)
    Nicolae Stanciu (Anzhi Makhachkala)
    Florin Costin Şoavă (Spartak Moscow)
    Gabriel Tamaş (Spartak Moscow)
    Cristian Dorin Tudor (Alania Vladikavkaz, Torpedo-Metallurg Moscow)
    Răzvan Cociş (Lokomotiv Moscow)

9. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

Of all those players only Cocis is playing for a top 4 club (the time that Tamas and Ienci spent at Spartak they were midtable, same with Zenit)

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

What does that have to do with anything?

11. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

It has to do with them having competition for a spot in the starting lineup, their drive/determination to win every game, their support/teamates, and frankly the quality of the players themselves.

12. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

So when Spartak were midtable there was no competition to get into the starting 11? What do you mean drive and determination? They should play every game like it's their last if they don't they are useless.

Besides all that there is nothing that changes the fact Romanians have not performed well in Russia. Hopefully Cocis is different because as Edgar said this is a step forward for him.

13. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

When Spartak were midtable they had 1 player per spot. At the most 2 ( Strikers ), not counting the reserve team (terrible at the time). In Russia, for the most part, midtable teams and their coaches have a common slogan where they say that they earn 1 point, rather than lose 2. That kind of mentality is not part of Lokomotiv. It's much like Newcastle - if you were to tie Chelsea/MU/Liverpool/Arse you would say you "got" one rather than lost 2, where as those 4 would say the opposite. It's very stressful but also makes a player who he is. Also, the coaches are better in the top 4 clubs, as are the training centers, veteran players (cocis can learn alot from Los'kov), and they have more fans to cheer them on ala the 12th player.

IMO

14. Edgar

Edgar Member

I'll certainly be cheering for Loko while Cocis is there :cool:

15. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

Thanks, and I'll certainly be rooting for the Romanian NT while Cocis plays for us :)

16. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

Kocis scored his 1st (official) goal for Loko on the 2nd matchday. When I'll have a video link I'll post it.

17. Edgar

Edgar Member

Thanks for the update.

18. vladivostok666

vladivostok666 New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Predeal/Romania

Kocis is a good player but he's not talanted enough to join our national team.

19. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

doesnt he already play for your national team?

20. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Kocis played today, in the first 11, he was pretty good. Keep us updated with how he's doing in Moscow. Thanks.

21. vladivostok666

Mar 24, 2007
    Predeal/Romania

I know he plays regulary in the national team but I don't think he diserves to be there,there are other more talented players wich could be selected.

22. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

You are kidding right? I don't recall him ever playing so bad that he wouldn't be in the starting 11.

23. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

Will do, Saturday at 9 AM EST CSKA plays Lokomotiv, and Cocis will surely be in the starting lineup.

24. vladivostok666

Mar 24, 2007
    Predeal/Romania

I don't know but I don't trust this player,he's just ordinary to me.I don't see him shine so much,he has mistakes...look at the players we used to have before 2000 and look at us now talking about Cocis.I just don't trust him.Maby if you tell me how he plays at his club...