NSR: Coca-Cola USWNT Believe Wristband

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Semblance17, May 19, 2019.

1. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 Semblance17, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BxbCHM9h0J0/
    [​IMG]
    Highly Frivolous APB to follow: Should anyone on this forum be fortunate enough to obtain one of these wristbands and not be terribly attached to it, please message me and name your price. Same with the plastic 20oz "Enjoy" Coca-Cola/Coke Zero bottle wrapper wristband that unlocks access to the goal net wristband [as shown in the video linked above], if still unredeemed. I would know it's a long shot but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Coca-Cola reps have been handing out the goal net wristbands to fans after each of the Send-Off Series matches. I almost snagged one at the other night's game, but the distributors made very clear that they were [understandably] seeking out people at least 15 years younger than me of the opposite gender. Miss Morgan was also tossing a few randomly into the stands, with the cardboard backing autographed, but as usual I found myself just short being in the right place at the right time.

As a passionate fan of both the USWNT and Coca-Cola, and an attendee of the 2019 SBC, I thought this program was a really cool idea. And were I to obtain one, I would likely wear that wristband as a source of perpetual inspiration to the "end of the line". My greed compels me to make every possible effort to do just that, and I'm not expecting any of the 5,000 to pop up on Ebay.

Because I recognize that this effort will almost definitely prove fruitless, I just hope that each and every one of the lucky recipients treasures the wristband as much as I would. Most of the recipients at the game I attended seemed to have no idea what the wristbands were, and both the distributors and the players had to repeatedly explain their significance and origin as they passed. The pessimist in me kept envisioning half of the wristbands getting separated from their context and tossed into the trash within a week. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate any leads that anyone can offer on this. Thank you.

In the meantime, I'll be peeking inside every 20oz bottle of Coke/Coke Zero I pass in stores for a glimpse of this:

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 10.52.50 PM.png

2. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazingly this strategy worked. I saw the magic word "BELIEVE" inside the third bottle I picked up and tilted at the Walgreens next to my office.

Next project: find a family member or friend willing to loan me his or her smartphone to download the app and scan the icon. Curse you 21st Century.

...This thread never happened.

McSkillz, jackdoggy and blissett repped this.
  3. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you got or are on your way to getting one?!? If so cool, 1 of 5,000 - Congrats.
    However, you should be saving all your MOJO for next month.:D:D:D

4. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought so but Coke keeps changing the story on me. All that wrapper wristband unlocked was a minigame on the smartphone app. The latest explanation they gave me was that I had to find that "I Believe" wrapper wristband BEFORE attending one of games and redeem it there in person, which was contradictory to all the media they've pushed out about the wristbands at best and a blatant lie at worst. Still trying to litigate it. Not giving up.

Clearly I have no shame, and I can hear the silent judgment here [heck I'm judging myself at this point], but at least it's been only silent judgment thusfar.

In the meantime, my first post is back in effect, except for the bit about the bottle wrapper wristband. Anyone gets the goal-net wristband itself and doesn't NEED it, please let me know. Not sure I can swing a trip to Sunday's NJ game at this late stage, not that the wristband would by any means be my only reason for going.

Could you define "MOJO" in the context of that last sentence...?

5. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    While I can see the point of age discrimination in favor of kids I have hard to see the reason for gender discrimination in this case.

6. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, "brownie points" as my friend put it. I may have assumed the gender discrimination. Not many young boys seemed to be present, so it's hard to say.

JanBalk repped this.
  7. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7 Semblance17, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    From what Coca-Cola told me yesterday it appears likely that the remaining SheBelieves Cup goal-net wristbands [of the original 5,000 total] were always to be exclusively distributed in person at the Send-Off Series games, although the rep I talked to yesterday wasn't entirely sure about that, since she seemed to have indications that some were already being won via the icon scanning procedure, albeit dependent on the region. Perhaps after the Send-Off Series ends on Sunday, the leftovers will become prizes for the contest. She kept emphasizing their decision that not a single one could be guaranteed to a certain fan at a game, or held for purchase, to make sure that everyone got a decent chance to receive one [except ironically enough, as I pointed out, for the one person who wants one more than anyone else on the planet].

The wristbands are definitively up for grabs via the "I BELIEVE" Sip & Scan plastic bottle wrapper wristbands [which it seems a LOT more common than I thought they were, and do not guarantee a goal-net wristband] are actually made from the goal nets of the Send-Off Series games themselves rather than the goal nets of the SheBelieves Cup games, thus the wait until 6/15 as they are being produced. 1,000 chances nationwide to get one of those, apparently. Per the rep, one scan a day, one wristband a day, and it can be the same wristband. https://us.coca-cola.com/legal/summer2019/

So in total three different Coke USWNT wristbands are [to be] in play.

8. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Proofreading.

CoachJon repped this.
  9. ChasetheGreat

ChasetheGreat New Member

ATL UNITED
    United States
    Jun 14, 2019
    I have one unopened and in packaging still.

Semblance17 and CoachJon repped this.
  10. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #10 Semblance17, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Well, as excited as I was to have this lead, it seems to be going cold.

@ChasetheGreat if you're still out there, please reply to our conversation from a week ago. It's okay if you had second thoughts or found another home for the wristband; I just want to know where things stand. If you're still interested in selling I'll throw what I consider a very nice number at you.

I apologize for my impatience but I'm losing my mind over this thing. Only a week into the Coke's contest, and I'm throwing everything I have at it and working my odds to the maximum, but am only getting rewarded with the same stupid losing screen (a picture of a moping pug) over.
    and over.
    and over.
    and over.
    every single time I scan a bottle wrapper (of which I now have several) for a chance to win my own wristband. I'd gladly pay a premium to avoid losing what's left of my sanity going through that every day for the next month, and knowing full well in the back of my mind that Coca-Cola, for all my loyalty to the brand for the past 27 years, is almost definitely maliciously conspiring to prevent me from ever obtaining one. (Relax; I'm only 12% serious about that possibility. :D)

If anyone else is out there who can offer one, please let me know. I can promise you that you will NOT regret it.

From the complete absence of any trace of the wristband [or any interest in it] on social media specifically and the Internet in general, I'm starting to think that finding the lost city of Atlantis would have been a more realistic quest [/obsession] for me. The only one I ever found for sale was very reasonably priced, but naturally had been listed in the only two days since the St. Louis game that I failed to specifically check for such a listing, and that one was long gone by the time I saw it. Adding insult to injury, when I inquired with the seller if any others might come up for sale, she not also answered in the negative but also added that that lone wristband, as it turned out, had been gifted by Kelley O'Hara herself, one of my favorite players.
    [​IMG]
    Beyond frustrated.

Still... it's a First World problem by any definition of the term.

11. Tyler Houle

Tyler Houle New Member

Bayern München
    United States
    Jun 29, 2019
    @ChasetheGreat I’m in the same boat as the others here. If you’re ever willing to sell please let me know and we can work something out. Thanks!

12. brittanykonijn

brittanykonijn New Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Feb 21, 2020
    I have one if anyone is still interested.