Coaching Humor

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by IASocFan, Jun 9, 2003.

1. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received the following story from a fellow official.
    I'm sure anyone who's played, coached, officiated, or watched a ULittle soccer game would appreciate it also:

At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 7-year-old players aside and asked, "Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?"

The little boy nodded in the affirmative.

"Do you understand that what matters is whether we win or lose together as a team?"

The little boy nodded yes.

"So," the coach continued, "I'm sure you know, when a foul is called, you shouldn't argue, curse, attack the referee, or call him a pecker-head. Do you understand all that?"

Again the little boy nodded.

He continued, "And when I take you out of the game so another boy gets a chance to play, it's not good sportsmanship to call your coach 'a dumb *********************' is it?"

Again the little boy nodded.

"Good," said the coach. "Now go over there and explain all that to your mother."

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol lmao. i admire that coach. i ref a bunch of sports in rec leagues and parents and coach can get pretty damn hostile. i have never had an experience like that before, no one ever keeps calm when i ref =\ lol.

3. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    That was too funny. We ought to get more stories like these posted more often.