Coaching during MMA Matches

Discussion in 'MMA' started by BigGuy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    I like watching MMA matches and I love BBJ matches.

But, I have a hard time getting used to all the coaching the fighters people do outside the ring while the fights are going on.

In my sport soccer the more experienced coaches do their player and team coaching on the practice field. They adjust during games and most of the time it is something with the team not the individual player.

The game is for the player to think on his own also to think a head and to make his own decisions.

Then I watch MMA and see the coaches coach the fighters while they are fighting in their match.

For me that is hard to get used to. How much credit should the coaches accept for a win by their fighter? Probably to much credit.

2. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, you don't need to explain soccer to anybody here (not meant in an ahole way but more of a "we are in bigsoccer!!" kind of way, was not trying to offend). Second for the two fights that I had I remeber it was mostly instinct. the coaches see what is going on and like any fighting art it is fast paced. Think of it like a a coach telling his left back not to go forward because the right midfielder is making through runs to that space. They are there to help you but in the fight most is instinct and confort zone. There are more experienced fighters who constantly adjust during the fight and I guess that is why they are the great ones.